• 815 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12471 Players Online
  • 11656 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Hub text

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ARareBlackBear, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So in the hub, I noticed they removed the text above the games. I think before they move back to default hub from the summer one, they should add the text that's made out of blocks to tell what games are in that row of portals. This is something that has been on all the lobbies since 2013, I think it's something that makes Mineplex more unique IMO.

it'd be epic to add them back!!

They might still be there. but from what I remember they were removed :/

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  2. Hey!

I think it would be cool to see this added back. Bringing back past Mineplex vibes would be nice and this is a great way to do so! Though it's a small addition, I'm sure a lot of players would like it back for the nostalgia of it. Obviously some changes with the words might need to be made but besides that, +1. This is all I have to say so thanks for suggestion!

Posted Jun 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 26, 2020
  3. Hey!

I remember back in the day when these were a thing, and bringing them back would seem like a really cool addition to really bring back the old vibe of the tree lobby. All I want to say is that simply having the words might look kind of bland, so hopefully, if they add this they add a creative spin (fancy fonts, designs, etc.) and make it look really special.

But overall, sounds simple and yet is a very nice addition in my books!
    Thanks for suggesting!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  4. Ahh, I remember when this used to be a thing, and I think it would be awesome to see this return to the lobby! It would definitely bring back the old Mineplex hub vibes with the addition of this feature, and I hope to see this return!

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  5. For the sake of nostalgia, this idea could be considered. However, especially seeing as the summer themed hub is more cluttered with aerial objects, I don't think the text would contribute in a positive way. The main island does not have much space anyway, and the text could further take away from it. Furthermore, I believe either the Casual or the Intermediate section has more games than others, which would cause them to look a bit disproportionate.

I believe that when the present hub was reintroduced, this element was removed for a reason, which is unlikely to have changed until now.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  6. I don't really see this as necessary since the lobbies within the hub have been moved around so much since they were categorized into the four different sections. There are currently only three sections since the Lobby Gladiators game takes up one exit from spawn. This moves several lobbies to other areas and with certain games being removed, it wouldn't be identical to the old lobby anyways. The organization of the games is no longer as specific as it used to be, so it's likely the categories would be different than the previous ones. Plus, I think the giant letters in the sky aren't as aesthetically appealing to players. Considering the tree covers the middle, I like the more open surroundings so it doesn't feel like you are trapped in a box.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  7. It's always nice to have old features back because it just gives you a nice vibe of Mineplex and you just feel more Mineplex like if you know what I mean. +1 from me personally.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  8. Hey dude.
    Even though this would bring back the nostalgia, I don't think this should be added. For one, the lobby is already a little bit right you might say, and this would make it even more claustrophobic. Also, there wouldn't even be enough space for them. Cake Wars, Skywars, Survival Games, Speed Builders, and Block Hunt could not fit on one 30 block line.
    Overall, because of the reasons above, I'll have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  9. Are you saying the current summer lobby is already cluttered? Because if you read my post I said when we switch back, they should add them back. Also, they were able to fit all the words over the portals before, no doubt they can't do it again. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 27, 2020
  10. I would definitely love to see the text added back,just the fact that it would have a "old Mineplex" vibe is a good reason for giving this idea a +1 :)

Posted Jun 27, 2020
  11. I would like the Hub text to be added back. It reminds me of the golden age of Mineplex. I would like to see the lobby organized if this were to happen. Like it was back in 2015. It was always much easier to find games in that lobby, because it was organized. This would make the Hub much more accessible to newer players.
    +1

Posted Jun 27, 2020
  12. Hello!

A similar idea has been already suggested in the past where it was denied. The main reason for that was that the categories of games now don't really fit as much as they did before and also, the text in the sky looked not that good and didn't fit well in the Lobby. I understand a lot of players liked that, and they will get a lot of nostalgia if it will be re-added but it doesn't really suitable for Mineplex anymore as our games splitting now is completely different.

What's about Mineplex logo sign, it's going to be a thing only for the Summer Lobby which we currently have but once summer will end, we will get to our default lobby where you don't have such thing, so it's just temporally for Summer lobby only.

Due to all that, we will mark this idea as Not Planned. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! If you feel that you have more ideas which can be a great addition to the server, feel free to create another thread on the Ideas Discussion section.

- Idea is not planned.

Posted Jul 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2020
    Sickle likes this.
  13. Hey!

I'm here to give a quick update on this idea. With the removal of the Halloween Hub this year, the normal hub brought back the old sky hub text with the categories of "Casual", "Intermediate" as well as "Hardcore"! This aside, I will be marking this thread as Implemented as well as locking it.

Thank you for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Nov 2, 2020
    ItsFree and ARareBlackBear like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.