• 291 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 291 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hub Preferences

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Cory, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Hello,

Mineplex players’ who like to troll will use fleshhooks, become a pig, or if they’re Immortal Rank they can use Stacker and put you into a queue with portals. If you join a game this would be considered “Stat Boosting” and against the rules.

They’re many ideas floating in my head to be implemented.

• Add /stopsearch to all games.
      • Specifically, it’s not added to Clans, and should be.
        • This one is the most annoying of all.
    • Add Disable Portals into /prefs per User.
      • Simply disable portals completely, however, keep them there for esthetics.
    • Add /ignore <player> <options>
      • Ignore with no options will be everything.
        • Options
          • Chat
            • You don’t see their messages. But, can do everything else.
          • Velocity
            • The player can’t throw you. But, can do everything else.
          • Stacker
            • They can’t stack you regardless of rank. But, can do everything else.
          • Portals
            • They can’t send you to portals. But, can do everything else.
          • All settings can be added for multiple things or and <option> will do all.

I’ve disabled (“Velocity”), however, with a little finesse the player can accomplish what they set out to do and send you to games. I mentioned Clans specifically earlier as it simply teleports to the (“Clans Lobby”), however, you’re stuck there until you teleported out.

None of these options have to be implemented, however, something has to be done as it's annoying to be stacked thrown in Clans over and over again.

Kind Regards,
    Cory

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Fusafez, 0775, Anna ♡ and 3 others like this.
  2. Love these suggestions, after being thrown into clans hundreds of times today, I fully agree and support them. However: I think it'd be easier to add a menu on the clans portal that has a confirmation to join clans (that can be disabled in /prefs).

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Cory likes this.
  3. Absolutely, I'm all for other suggestions. Just as long as something is implemented.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2020
  4. Hard agree here, pretty annoying to be in the middle of typing something and get tossed into the clans hub. Originally I was all for a pref to disable the stacker completely for everybody since I didn't really see any other way, but a pref to disable portals sounds way more appealing. Portals are not something I personally use at all, I'd imagine it's the same for a lot of other people. Flesh hooks/morphs, etc. aren't something that I've personally seen used to throw people into portals but I could definitely see it happening, a pref to disable portals essentially fixes all of that while still leaving the stacker untouched, which iirc was a topic of concern in the past when this has been brought up. Fantastic suggestions all around!

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Fusafez and CookieBilly like this.
  5. I'm a fan of stacker and being the Mineplex Cat Toy and people like to push me around all the time. So, I don't want Stacker to be disabled or have things being disabled like Velocity and it ruins it for other players.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2020
    illum likes this.
  6. I totally agree! Sometimes it does get a bit annoying to be tossed around here and there. I think ignore options for those certain gadgets would be an interesting addition :D

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  7. These are some wonderful suggestions, and I definitely agree with all of them.

I personally really like the Disable portals feature, as I have also faced being thrown into the Clans portal and subsequently into the Clans lobby which is not fun at all. I also think the extension to /ignore is very interesting and well thought out, having those options to be able to use instead of a global Velocity command is a lot better and more preferable for people who still wish to utilize features like Stacker and Gadgets to the full capacity but not face it from all players. I'm also in agreement with @CookieBilly in regards to the Clans feature, the stopsearch feature doesn't really make sense here and it would be preferable to instead have a confirmation menu.

All-in-all some really well throughout suggestions, I am in agreement! +1!

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  8. I can totally relate to you in the sense of being thrown into portals. I think these are good ideas, however, I don't think there should be an option for stacker to be disabled, as it is part of the advertisement for the Immortal rank.
    I do believe that having an option for disabling the portals is a good idea.

Overall some great suggestions. +1

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  9. I like the idea of adding /stopsearch to Clans and being able to choose specific preferences towards certain players, so would like to see this implemented. Thanks for the idea :)

Posted Nov 3, 2020
  10. I enjoyed reading your post! The part that stood out to me the most was the addition of the /ignore command. (probably because I'm not a clans player). However, this idea is amazing! Adding different options in the ignore command could definitely. When using the /ignore command, you may want to only disable one factor of what that specific player is doing. All in all, these are great suggestions!

Posted Nov 3, 2020