• 1579 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9137 Players Online
  • 7558 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hub Forcefield Immortal Gadget

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Arjun, Feb 22, 2021 at 10:36 PM.

?

Should this be added to the Immortal Shop?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,

I've been pondering over this idea for a bit so I figured I'd share it with the community to gather your guys' thoughts. Have you ever joined a lobby with a YT/YOUTUBE/STREAM in it? You might have noticed that they had a neat forcefield around them, which, in short, bounces players away from them if they get within a few blocks radius of the content creator. When the content creator moves towards players, they bounce away if they are in their path.

I'm proposing an addition to the Immortal Shop, which is being able to purchase the gadget 'Hub Forcefield' with Immortal points. Not sure about the number of points/price just yet, but I do think that it is a neat gadget that tons of players would love toying around with.

I've been considering the pros and cons of this gadget, and I don't seem to have thought have any significant cons of adding it to the shop. However, in terms of a pro, this gadget or preference is available to content creators already along with a branch of the Event Squad team, so it does not need to be developed. The gadget has been on the server for years, and would just need to be added to the shop which avoids the issue of developer time.

I've added a poll as well for raw results of +1 or -1 on the idea. Let me know what you all think!
    [​IMG]

Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 10:36 PM
    Fusafez, skarm and Looof like this.
  2. I think this would be cool, but I'm not sure I understand why Immortals need this. Could you elaborate on why exactly Immortal players might need this feature?

I wouldn't normally question something like this that seems fairly harmless, but the thing is there are a very large number of Immortals-- far more than there are staff/content creators with this ability. With how many Immortals there are that might have this feature enabled, I worry that it could make navigating the lobby (or even just standing still) difficult. After all, a user with this enabled can walk around and effectively bulldoze players from their path, and while this isn't much of an issue for content creators and sufficiently ranked staff members giving it to so many players might be problematic. What do you think could be done to prevent this?

I'm not trying to nitpick your idea, I'm just curious why you think Immortals need this and what can be done to prevent problematic usage.

Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 11:01 PM
    Amg, 20LeeBrian1 and PhoenixSky like this.
  3. I don't think immortals should have this.

It's really used for people that need it. It makes a bunch of sound, which can get annoying quickly, and I would imagine lag if a bunch of people ended up having it. Immortals really don't need this and I think it should be exclusive for the people that do need it. Also- Immortals are supposed to get knocked back by these forcefields but don't because it's broken in that aspect. They would really only be making noise with this as a lot of immortals just turn on their anti-kb.

Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 11:08 PM
    MayhemMenace and Amg like this.
  4. Hey!

I don't think it's necessary at all, just a simple cosmetic. As for the lag, I didn't consider it so that's a good point. If It happens to be a problem I'd understand why it shouldn't be added.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 11:21 PM
    20LeeBrian1, Marzie and ClassyOwl like this.
  5. I don't think it's a cosmetic really. Again, it's used for people that need it. Content Creators use it for recording/streaming, ES uses it for events/building, QA has it for testing.
    More concerned by the noise it causes than anything tbh xd

Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 11:36 PM
    MayhemMenace, Amg and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  6. What do you mean the noise? If this gadget is modified to reduce the amount of noise, would that still work?

Personally, I feel like I am neutral to this idea. The problem is that players can easily abuse that, so I was thinking of a cool down for using a gadget. But for the positives, I do appreciate its uniqueness, and I had never heard about this gadget!

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 12:33 AM
  7. What kind of gadget cooldown would this have? Forcefield is a passive utility.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 12:34 AM
  8. I had not read the whole thing, so please correct me if I am missing something. Here, I am just expressing my opinion about this gadget. For the cool down, I feel like a 15 second cool down should suffice to prevent abusing. I do not believe that this is a passive utility because if all immortals use it, it can probably frustrate non-immortal players.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 12:39 AM
  9. Lobby forcefield is a passive utility. When toggled on, it stays on and always pushes people away. It's not a thing you click and people fly away, it's a tool that keeps the area around Admin+ and Youtube/Stream creators clear.

Watch any of SamitoD's videos during his time as Admin and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 12:54 AM
    20LeeBrian1 and Amg like this.
  10. I personally would enjoy it, but then you have to think about the lag, and how annoying this cosmetic can be for Eternal-. Practically all Immortals who know about this feature will most likely equip this feature, and it would be way too overpowered to have. -1 from me.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 12:59 AM
  11. Oh I see. I got really confused, but thanks for your feedback.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:03 AM
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  12. It wouldn't be available to all Immortals as I suggested it be added to the shop but not as an automatic feature, but what if it was expensive? I do feel like it's a very unique gadget and if it were something like 70,000 points, not everyone would be inclined to buy it, hence, fewer Immortals would have it.

Ehh I mean I get how it can be useful to ES when they're building and such but when you're in lobbies it's just a fun feature for all, including content creators. As for QA I understand why they have it but again, outside of potential lag I don't think it has issues due to not serving purpose.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:27 AM
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  13. I do think that this would be a cool idea, but I don't personally think immortals should have this. This idea along with all of the options in the immortal cosmetic shop are cosmetic, unique, and definitely handy, giving much incentive to purchase immortal. However, it seems to me that this idea is different from the rest in the sense that it has the potential to exploit/use in a wrong way (to a larger degree than the rest). For example, players can turn their forcefield on and stand at the end of a lobby parkour, or follow staff around when they are on the staff build plot. These issues are an easy development fix but there already seems to be quite a load on the development team.

I personally think that these and other issues that can be brainstormed should be fixed before this idea is considered. If these issues could be fixed as soon as they arise, then I'd be for it. But for now, I'd have to side against it, as I personally think that there is just too much room for abuse.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:39 AM
  14. I don't think this is a good idea, mainly because of why forcefield was built in the first place and what it's meant to be. Forcefield was originally built because people would stand inside the owners or leadership team and they wouldn't be able to walk anywhere without being inside players. After the content creator ranks were introduced, a subsidiary of the forcefield was given to them (not the full one) which appears to also be the one that QA and other ranks have access to. When you think about adding something to the immortal shop, you've got to think about how it affects other ranks on the network. Forcefield on the content creator ranks is a massive benefit and exciting for that rank, and if you gave it to a more mainstream rank, then the content creator ranks would pretty much only have the rank colour to go on which means people wouldn't have the same aspirations for the content creator ranks.

There's also what forcefield actually is, it's to stop players from being able to come near you, although it also throws players away from you that you walk into the vicinity of, and given that the only way of countering it is ignore velocity, it's massively detrimental and becomes an arguably non-cosmetic feature. If you had an immortal using ignore velocity AND forcefield, they could wipe out entire groups of people trying to play together and there'd be absolutely nothing they could do about it considering immortal flight is faster than players (and most mounts/morphs), ignore velocity stops immortals being able to be moved and forcefield is constantly active.

You also have to remember that it doesn't matter how expensive something is in the immortal shop, players will get their hands on it sooner or later which means in a year or two, you'd have lobbies where there'd be 8+ immortals all using the forcefield and navigating through the map would be really difficult. Going back to my first point, forcefield is given to certain ranks to stop people crowding around them. Immortals are extremely rarely crowded around which would mean forcefield could only be used for trolling, and given that you can move with it or stand in areas where players need to get to, it may stop players from being able to get to positions they need to be in. Now it could be as easy as stopping immortal forcefield working around NPCs or the popular areas of the hub, but then you can't use it anywhere.

I've compiled my own list of pro/cons, they possibly help market your idea better if you could think of ways the cons would work better.

Advantages
    • Gives something immortals to work for
    • Can lower immortals points encouraging longer subscription times
    • Another cosmetic
    Disadvantages
    • Takes away from the content creator ranks
    • Can be used to block imperative positions on the map such as NPCs or parkour
    • Not avoidable by groups of players
    • Can be used to troll players by deliberately running at them with forcefield enabled repeatedly
    • Hypothetical and non-useless radius is too large
    • Velocity on the private one is too powerful to be mainstream
    • Not meant for mainstream use
    • Could spark arguments and toxicity in the chat due to it's trolling and taunting potential
    • Obstructs players and staff
    • A dumbed-down version would be useless and too powerful at the same time
    • Unfair advantage to lobby roaming

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 6:13 AM
    20LeeBrian1, Amg and Marzie like this.
  15. Hey Arjun!

I wanted to quickly start of my response by thanking you for taking the time to make this thread and propose this fun idea! After reading the feedback from everyone, I'm unfortunately going to have to disagree with this idea. I feel that Marzie, ClassyOwl and MachoPiggies made some notable, strong points in their responses that I personally agree with in regards to the overall feedback for this idea.

Those main points included:
    • This is best fit as a tool, rather than a gadget/cosmetic.
    • If implemented there could be easily be some general issues created that revolve around this Immortal "Cosmetic." Whether that be lag, noise or just in general.
    • With the anti-kb preference, it really defeats the main purpose of the "gadget/cosmetic," as other immortals can toggle this feature in lobbies.
    Lets start with the breaking down the points & why I agree with them:
    -​
    This tool, at this time (as you know), is currently reserved to Content Creators, ES, QA, and Higher ups. - It simply prevents players from overcrowding them in lobbies. When it comes to Immortals, I don’t necessarily see why they would need it as much as the individuals who currently have access to this tool. I agree with Marzie when she says that this should be kept exclusive to those who primarily need it on a day-to-day basis. If it were implemented as a "cosmetic/gadget," those features would be rendered by the velocity preference in the lobby, as previously mentioned by Marzie and Piggie.

Given that this feature may potentially cause some problematic issues, I think there are very little issues with it currently because it's exclusive/limited. If this were implemented in the shop for a high number of Immortal points, I assume the amount of players who obtain this feature would accumulate quickly over time. Some very valid points in regards to the possible issues that may follow with this feature being widely distributed was made in Marzie's, Classy's and Piggie's response. I personally agree it would: Overall increase lag for some players, the lobby would become much harder to navigate/stand in because the possibility of several Immortal players having this feature enabled, and it could possibly would even become annoying in terms of the amount of noise it makes/constantly being slung around in the lobbies if you don't have access to velocity in hub. My biggest concern is the amount of players who would gain access to it. I also personally think some players would also use this feature to just troll/bulldoze through players, as mentioned previously.

In conclusion, I personally don't think that Immortals should have the possibility to obtain this feature, as it should remain exclusive to those who really need it. Distributing this widely would cause some small stream issues that may overall impact a players' experience in lobbies. I do understand where you're coming from though - and do agree, it would be an easy addition because it has been a feature for years. I do appreciate this creative, unique and simple idea! However, at this time I unfortunately disagree with it being implemented for Immortals because of the potential issues that would follow it being widely distributed.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 10:58 AM
    Fusafez and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  16. Thanks for all the feedback! I do agree with the claims being made, and yes, all in all, I guess it's "taking away" from the content creators. Seems like a cool addition which was why I brought it up but I appreciate the ideas. I'll lock the thread now as I've gotten some opinions worth taking into account. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 3:04 PM
    Fusafez, Amg and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.