• 1548 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9986 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Hub Bossfights

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by BaumBoi, May 29, 2019.

1. So i just had this idea to spice up the main hub a little:
    Hub Bossfights. A few times a day there could be an event where a random mob with A LOT of health would spawn at a random place, and the players have to work together to beat it.
    The players would have to use their gadgets to damage it. The boss could be a randomly selected player or just have a custom AI. The boss would be able to damage and kill players, who'd just respawn in the middle of the hub. If the boss falls off the map, it simply gets teleported back to the location it was a few seconds ago. Again, i think a key part is the players working together
    As for rewards it could be a partial refund of the gadgets, chests, shards, gems etc...
    Not any random player in the hub would get rewards, only those who participated. like for example those who fired a minimum of 10 gadgets at the boss.

I don't know how much effort this would take to implement (probably a lot)
    I'd be thankful for any replies and additional suggestions

Also I'm a non native speaker so sorry for any grammar mistakes

-BaumBoi

Posted May 29, 2019
  2. Heyyo! I personally think this would be an awesome idea, considering the teamwork aspect of it. It would really spice up the main hub a little bit and make more players be online during those couple times. It may be pretty difficult to code, but I think it would be worth it.

Posted May 29, 2019
  3. Thread moved to New Game Discussion

It sounds like an interesting idea to implement a new game. I believe that you are talking about the hub games in the lobby, I think. Although, it is similar to like from an alternative game, Mob Arena. This will also give the Developer’s time to create a new game and it may take longer to add to the hub or as a standalone game.

Overall, this idea looks interesting, but I believe that it is unnecessary to implement. 0

Posted May 29, 2019
  4. I personally really like this idea. I'm not sure how long it would take to code, I'm no developer, but I think that this would be a super fun thing to implement. The custom AI sounds interesting, although I'm not sure how easy that would be to make. As a hub game, this would be pretty fun. It would encourage players to participate in lobby games and it would overall just be a fun thing to do. The fact that they key part is working together with other players is a good thing to focus on, because a lot of the gamemodes on Mineplex require you to go against other players. It would be interesting to see the enemy be a mob, and not a player.

Overall, this is a solid idea. By the way, your grammar is perfectly fine :)

Posted May 29, 2019
  5. There used to be a monument of sorts in the last lobby called the Portal to Shenmi Rock. As far as I'm aware, it wasn't used for any purpose other than aesthetics, but I always thought it would be cool to use it for quick time events in the same manner you describe here. With that being said, this idea requires a few things first:

1. There needs to be dedicated space for a boss fight. Whether it's a new island, or an island with a portal on it, or some other third option- I don't think there's enough open space currently to effectively have a boss fight.

2. You described that bosses would be fought with gadgets, and that's fine. But if multiple bosses are going to be a thing (with different attacks, different looks, different defenses, etc.), then there needs to be a more varied way to kill them. Maybe certain bosses would be unaffected by certain gadgets. For example, maybe there's an "Iron Guardian" boss that is unaffected by flesh hooks and only affected by TNT. You could even bring other cosmetics into the fray, like morphs, mounts, and pets, with each having unique benefits.

3. This one may seem obvious, but developer time. As it is right now, developer resources are limited. It's like pulling teeth to get a decent balance patch for beloved games around here, so it may be a hard sell for developers to spend time on this kind of implementation. Furthermore, it may get backlash from the community for using said developer time. So while I'm not going to give this idea a solid -1... I by no means think it should be a priority over, say, more important game updates or heavily requested QoL changes.

Posted May 29, 2019
  6. Hello!

This idea is definitely unique! I like the idea of boss fights. For example, there can be a dedicated island for the fights, where players can actually use the gadgets to battle. The gadgets would need to be coded in a way if they are in the boss fight location, they can use damage with the cosmetics. I like how this idea is unique, however, there is much more needed before this update. +0.5 from me.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  7. Hey! I actually am really fond of this idea! I mean, what's a better way to mix lobby-interaction & community interaction than a way like this?! I especially love how the players will have to work together to defeat the boss. I think that this will send a very good message towards our players as the famous phrase goes, "Teamwork makes the dream work"!

In my opinion, I would like for when the boss gets defeated, it would shoot out treasure shards (similar to a party bomb). The number of shards can range anywhere from 1000 to whatever to make sure everyone can have a chance to get some take of it.

Like people above said, I am no developer and I don't even know where to start to code this at. However, I think that your idea is very solid and great that it will draw in a bigger audience here at Mineplex. Great idea! +1
    -
    Have a lovely day!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  8. As a developer myself, let met tell you, this could be very simple! If it's similar to the bosses in games like Clans, I'm sure it can be easily done! Hopefully this is implemented!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    FabianTuck likes this.
  9. This seems like a great idea except that it's in the hub, I guess you could add this to Mob arena though, that would be amazing how every few aaves there's a boss you have to fight.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  10. That’s a great idea which needs to get upgrades like if it’s starting at lobby we need some necessarily things
    1- A Place Like Gladiators
    2-Stop queuing while fighting with boss it would be better if you teleport out of spawn like it’s an new mode maybe something like 20 waves 4 bosses it would be a nice event
    3- if you do it on spawn it may make some lag/FPS drops for bad computers or internets
    4- different bosses
    In order to make it feel good there must be lots of different bosses who wants to kill same entity for hours ilke grinding on a MMORPG
    -RobusArs

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  11. Heyo!

This would be a pretty unique idea. I think it’d be pretty fun for all players to meet together and fight against them! A question I had though is this, would the fights be in all lobbies or just one? Thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Jun 13, 2019