• 1665 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8914 Players Online
  • 7249 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Howdy, I'm punkband!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by punkband, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Howdy! I’m punkband (formerly MrFerf and, briefly, Rankers) and despite being around for ages, I’ve never really danced too far into the Mineplex community, especially in the post-Enjin world. So I feel a little silly making this thread right now, but a reintroduction never hurts, I suppose. I’d love to make some new friends and reconnect with folks that may remember me.

I started playing on Mineplex in 2014 or 2015 -- I couldn’t tell you exactly when. Back in 2016, I helped out a bit with the Mineplex Hall of Fame run by evanmoney and Pabulous. I designed the old Level 100 document and helped with the upkeep of the Level 90-99 spreadsheet. In the spring of 2017, I served as a Trainee. Unfortunately, I made it no further on the staff team than that, but I learned a lot about myself in that time and am grateful for the experience I gained. Nowadays, I just like to play games with friends. Speed Builders, Dragon Escape, and Christmas Chaos are my all-time favorites.

Outside of Mineplex, I’m currently a freshman in college studying architecture. I’ve got two cats and a dog and in my free time, I love designing, solving puzzles, watching YouTube, and (as you might gather from the username) listening to and playing music. I’m primarily a guitarist and bassist so I usually gravitate towards rock/punk and indie stuff, but I’m not a genre-exclusionist. If the music’s good, I’ll listen to it. I’m in the process of putting a PC together (I’ve been laptop-bound for much too long) and I’m looking forward to pushing my graphic design and picking up video editing once the build is done.

Like I said, let me know if I’m a familiar face at all and I’d love to get back in touch. New folks are welcome too, of couse. I hope to see y’all around the server. Take care!

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  2. Oh I remember you from 2017!

I was also a Trainee from end of March to early June and Moderator until the mid-August of 2017. I remember that original document and that spreadsheet :O Level 100 was so uncommon at the time and there was such a small amount that earned it. Crazy how much changed.

It's so interesting that you are studying architecture, what is it like? I was considering pursuing it but I'm not sure. What do you enjoy/not enjoy in your course?

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    punkband likes this.
  3. Hey! I had to look up your username history to jog my memory but I'm starting to connect the dots now. Nice to see you!

Since I'm only once semester in and, you know, COVID, I don't feel like I'm as acquainted with architecture as I should be, but it's been fun so far. I've always enjoyed math and design so architecture felt like a good intersection of those fields. At my university, architecture is a separate school with a small student base (only 100 freshmen) so I really enjoy the communal aspect of things too. I think with this upcoming semester I'll start getting more into the thick of things, which I'm excited about.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 23, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.