• 4196 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13873 Players Online
  • 9677 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey how you do sport while quarantine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nadav1112, Mar 24, 2020.

1. hi guys i have a qwestion, how you do sport whule quarantine?

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  2. You can always go on little runs around your neighborhood if you are allowed outside your house. Or, you can do little workouts within your house. You can also go in your backyard and play ball with a sibling, or something like that. Even do workouts in your room if you don't want to have any contact with people.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  3. In terms of exercise, I have a treadmill in my house where I exercise everyday. Through there I am doing 1-2 hours of running on a daily basis. But occasionally, I am able to play basketball early in the morning if it means no one will be around. Usually around 5 or 6 AM in my timezone(CST), I get up and play basketball and listen to music for a couple hours. At least in my area, the effect isn't as major as other places that have many cases, so I am able to occasionally play basketball during the morning time.

Especially in my neighborhood, a lot just jog around during the morning time, so that is another alternative then basketball. I am sure other people have other ways of exercising during this dangerous situation, but a lot of people in my neighborhood occasionally go outside to walk around, run, or play basketball in my neighborhood park. Nice thread, and can't wait to see what others have to say about this.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  4. There are a few things that you can do at home to increase your physical activity, especially during the COVID-19 quarantine period:

- you can actually go online and there are lots of fitness courses that run in the day of people doing live workouts on live streams and giving you equipment free options to do a good workout - including breaks and other things. I did one today and it worked pretty well!
    - you're still allowed to go outside. In the UK they announced you could go out for a walk/bike ride/jog once per day - I'm not sure how it is in the US or whether this is a legal requirement yet but even if you have a dog that you can walk that is still great exercise that you can do! Even doing something like catch or football in your backyard works!​

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  5. Good Question. I used to go to the weight room everyday due to me playing sports and preparing for sports, and I ran track and field, but after quarantine came, I mostly play computer and sometimes I might spend an hour playing volleyball with my family. Doing this I can tell it is making me less fit which is why I am going to start to work out more. I'm probably going to start doing more fitness workouts. Hope you have a nice day.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  6. Backyard Hoop enough said.....

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Dacked and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  7. Unfortunately if you play team sports like I do, this is a struggle and unfortunately this takes away from me getting out to seeing my friends and playing volleyball which I very much enjoy doing. Mainly what I've been doing is going out for daily walks provided the weather isn't bad. Luckily for me I have a lot of parks and trails around my house so I can walk different routes to make it more interesting. I can also go for drives in the protected park I have about 10ish minutes from my house which is a wonderful way to get out and to go in nature and raise the spirits a little.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRektedx and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  8. The active person I am, I have to find some way to participate in activities I would normally do if quarantine weren’t in effect. Recently I’ve been taking some breaks from Minecraft each day and enjoying the outside by playing one of my favorite sports: football. I have a huge back and front yard, making it easy for me to find somewhere I can settle down and practice my skills for football. Despite my backyard being quite big, it does have a canopy of leaves covering some aerial view, which is why I normally play in my front yard, so I’m able to throw to the best of my ability. My brother and I like to have small games of football in the front yard at times, and it’s quite entertaining and enjoyable to partake in. If unfortunate weather occurs, I’ll result to tossing a football around in my room.

Other than that, I’ve occasionally been playing street hockey with my brother and some friends. I live at the end of my community, which is set up in a circular shape, making it ideal for something like this. However, if the wether isn’t nice out, we’ll forge to our basement and play some in-door hockey. That isn’t as enjoyable as when we’re outdoors, but it still eases my boredom.

That’s mainly all I’ve been doing in sense of sports during my time off.​

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  9. Oh, man. This is a question I've been struggling with as well. I'm in a state that has a lot of cases, and I live in a household with someone who would be at high risk if they were exposed to the virus. When I'm on my university's campus, I have regular access to a gym that is free for students. Here, however... I'm limited to a treadmill. When I'm at home and there isn't a global pandemic I usually get my exercise by running through the woods on trails in a state park, but currently all state parks are closed. I absolutely despise running on treadmills because it's so flat and boring and hard to get into, and additionally I just spend the whole time thinking about how much better it would be if I were back in the forest, haha. What I've found works for me is playing Just Dance for a solid chunk of time every day then doing ab workouts on my own, since abs are the easiest muscle to workout without equipment.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  10. Quite simple:
    • Walk to the kitchen (walking exercise)
    • Walk back to my room with food (walking and weights)

But in all seriousness:
    • Treadmill or run around the neighbourhood as we still can
    • Swimming in the pool
    • Weights

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  11. Unfortunately having everywhere on lockdown and having very limited places to go does make exercising a lot more difficult. The gym that I regularly go to has recently closed down temporarily so I've had to begin doing exercises at home. Luckily, I found some weights in my shed which I have been using as well as doing the regular pushups/situps and other exercises that do not require machines/equipment. It's obviously not as ideal as going to the gym but it's definitely better than nothing.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  12. Hey! :sigils_down:

Playing for a combined total of 3 soccer teams, I've gotten a lot of emails about online training. However, my club team has to take the #1 spot. They run a system where there are several workouts/drills to do per day, and the more you do the more points you get. There's even leaderboards, where I'm number 1 leading by around 700 points. So, what are these workouts anyways? Well, I'll list the following that I find are the easiest to do while at home. These are my top three workouts to do at home.

Run - Running is a great way to get exercise while alone! You can run both inside and outside; using either a form of treadmill or just going outside and running around the neighborhood/city. Personally, I've used a treadmill the most. Recently I hurt my ankle, tearing loose a couple pieces of tissue, leaving my ankle immobile for a couple weeks. So I've been trying to run on a treadmill to guarantee a flat surface. In addition to running, I'm doing a lot of recovery stretches for my ankle. Something I love to incorporate in my running is progressive overload, this is basically just a fancy way of saying "baby steps." Running on a treadmill makes it very easy to work on progressive overload. For instance, I often run 3 miles, which takes about 30 minutes for me. However, after starting to work on progressive overload, I like to increase my run speed by 0.5 mph every time I go on a run.

Agility - If you have a nice open space or hallway, there is some agility things that you can do. Something that almost makes me feel "loose" like stretching is just putting cones along a hallway or open space. Place them about five feet away from each other, and then go to one end of the line. Sprint to the first cone, then you side step to the left of the cone, then the front, then the right, then the back. After this, just sprint to the next cone and repeat the cycle.

Weight Lifting - Weight lifting is a very broad topic. There are hundreds of different amounts of weight and number of times you lift that can play a factor. As well as just, how you lift weights. I do a ton of different lifting styles, so if you have a specific area you want to work on, you could most definitely find a workout that helps focus on that area.

Staying healthy during this "quarantine" is very important, so I hope a couple of these help! Even if you don't feel like doing any of the three things I've listed, I'd 100% recommend going on a walk with your family! Going on walks, while of course practicing social distancing is still a super great way to spend quality time with your family, as well as get exercise.

Stay safe everyone!

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Dacked and xGetRektedx like this.
  13. Fits the name lol

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  14. Well since I'm basically locked in my house with nothing to do, to stay active I workout in the house by doing different kinds of pushups, and different kinds of sit ups. I add different workouts in each day so I can stay in shape. It is important for meta stay in shape because I'm a swimmer and I currently can't swim, nor workout at our facility so I need to work hard for that. Great Question!

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  15. As someone who participates in majorly team-based sports, it's been impossible to do what I'd regularly do for sports. Normally I'd go to the rink and play some hockey, or go to the field with some friends and play soccer or football, or even go play some basketball. However, with all this going on right now, I haven't been able to do any of that. To stay in shape I've just been working out regularly and going for walks given the weather permitting. Right now where I live, its been around -5 to +5 so it hasn't been awful, but not exactly the greatest weather for walks sadly.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  16. Hello!
    As @Oscaros_ said, there are numerous live streams that occur daily. For example, at 9:00 AM GMT, a youtuber called TheBodyCoach is doing a live stream everyday this week, where you participate in a 20 minute workout. It's actually really fun and engaging, and he gets almost 1 million people watching LIVE doing the exercises. Here is a link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ

He does really kid-friendly exercises that help you stay optimistic, happy and wakes you up in the morning....

Have fun!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  17. Hey!

At this point, I'm in quarantine and it's bad for me because my career that I'm following doesn't let me stop. I wake up early and I go run true my place, where I live, I do pushups, situps, and all resistance things with objects, for example, heavy rocks, water bottles. Even inside home, you can do situps anywhere, you can put two chairs together and a broom between them and do elevations. Got to stay active

Posted Mar 25, 2020