• 335 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7304 Players Online
  • 6969 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to use chicken in SSM??

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by backwordsmullit, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Hi guys! Its about time i spam the fourms for today, so! i watched a video saying the chicken is best played by running away and picking people off but this was 3 years ago when he made the video, so what is the best way to play??

Posted Mar 28, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  2. yea just spam ur abilities and run away when u get low

Posted Mar 28, 2021
  3. I have such a hard time aiming with the eggs XD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2021
  4. Word of advice: Don't play chicken, hes the worst kit in the game for several reasons. lol

If you are fighting a competent SSM player. Usually you wont win no matter what play style you use.
    That's because his egg blaster has garbage range.

Posted Mar 29, 2021
    backwordsmullit likes this.
  5. The average player will lose against some guy with 5,000 wins/gamesense (as wins don't determine your skill level usually). Most public matches contain an average of one person with around 200-700 wins. I'll be basing wins off skill in this post since SSM is kind of a "dead" (as others call it) gamemode, and I rarely see smurfs/disguises/alts in publics. Anyways, as long as someone can grasp gamesense, some chicken tech, overall skill, melee, etc, they do stand a chance. But in the competitive scene (not publics) yes chicken is an F tier kit.
    And responding to this: Be unpredictable with double jumps and don't use your chicken Missile randomly. Missile is probably the one defensive tool a chicken can use reliably because of egg blaster having unpredictable range. A common tech that is fairly reliable is stunning someone with eggs, then blasting them with a missile.

Posted Mar 29, 2021
  6. What would you say is the best class?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2021
    • You want to keep moving, and you want to get airborne. Make sure you know the effects of every ability your target can use and ways to counter them, for example if it's a knockback ability, make sure you have a double jump to immediately negate it.
    • When flying towards someone, you also want to make sure that you're going in a zig-zag pattern to make sure that them hitting you is harder and so you can get more air time.
    • You want to stay above your target using your jumps, this makes hitting chicken missiles and egg blasts easier.
    • Attack is your friend, once you have hit someone with chicken missile a few times, try to get in a quick combo with attack. If they knock you away or start regaining ground, go back to trying to stay above them.
    • High obstacles can be used to reload your double jumps, use them.
    • Chickens get very few kills from directly attacking players, the void is what you want to be aiming for. Egg blaster cancels knockback and movement which can help prevent players from being able to get back onto land once they're over the void. Chicken blaster can also be used to blast players into the void.

Posted Mar 29, 2021
    1dragoneye and backwordsmullit like this.
  7. I'm basing this off of the official SSM GI tier list. And by the way: I honestly agree with it.

The top five kits at the moment are:

1. Spider

2. Zombie

3. Wolf

4. Slenderman

5. Skeleton

Posted Mar 29, 2021
  8. I honestly would just avoid chicken as generally, it's not the best kit in the game, but if you are going to use it from what I've learned from fighting it and using it is just to be as sporadic and unpredictable as possible. Allowing opponents to get hits on you - even if it's just a few can hurt a lot due to the weakness of the kit. What comes with this kit of course is the maneuverability and the size of its hitbox. Being able to use these to strengths to your ability here is very important and one of the main reasons I don't use the kit, simply because I have trouble utilizing these strengths. Overall however, Chicken is still a very fun kit to play in my opinion and despite it not being the greatest kit, if you're trying to have fun it's a great kit.

Posted Mar 29, 2021
  9. I agree with what the people above me said, just try to be unpredictable, especially with when you use your next double jump and NEVER stop moving. If you're flying over someone and you think they might hit you, try dodging until they use up one of their attacks, then get close enough so that you can use egg blaster. If you are able to hit them with egg blaster, then you will have an easier time hitting them with chicken missile and then you can do missile chains. I've only used chicken a few times, but that is what worked for me.

Chicken is very weak. Low armor and slow regeneration means that you better not get hit more than a couple times. And I would not recommend using chicken against a skeleton, ever. The arrow spam will probably shred you before you even get close enough to hit the skelly. In fact, as other people have said above, chicken is very weak so you will probably have a hard time against most of the kits for a while. But I have seen some very good chicken mains anyways.

Posted Mar 29, 2021
  10. As a former chicken main, people will say that chicken is weak but it actually isn't. It is one of my favorite kits, and I would be completely fine using it against people over 1000 wins. However, it is much more difficult to pilot compared to other kits, due it the lack of armor. What makes up for it though, is it's small hitbox, and unrivaled mobility. Sure, you can't fly across the map like a magma cube in two seconds but you can change direction midair, multiple times. That is the key to chicken in my opinion. Instead of just double jumping from point A to B, I'll jump twice in one direction then jump to another, and change direction of where I want to go.

Your abilities are also on extremely short cooldowns, and if you land a chicken missile, the cooldown is reduced to zero. You don't want to send this out randomly, you want to make sure you can land this shot. I don't even try to melee people as a chicken, until after I've landed 4-5 of these. Egg blaster is a little bit hard to get the most of its damage output. I wait for people that are about to land, and aim the whole stream where they are landing so that they are stuck there, or over void spots. Also gives a lot of free kills.

What I find most effective, is being unpredictable with your movements, by changing direction midair. I love to do circles above people's melee reach, so I can chicken missile them where they can't hit me unless they land an ability. They usually will miss due to the small hitbox of the chicken, and its hard to keep track of something doing circles vertically above you in the game. I main Spider and Wolf now, but I have over 500 games played as a Chicken, it was all I played for about a year, way back in the day.

Hope this helped!

Posted Mar 29, 2021
  11. Very big exaggeration of the kit right there dude.

Chicken is more than just missile spam. If you play it, you will know you actually need aim and timing to chain missiles, and also need good egg aim to use it to its full potential.

While runner chicken can be annoying, its basically useless when you learn that they get nothing out of running and you can run from them aswell. Only certain kits that have slow projectiles or are better against grounded kits will have trouble. But any other kit you can just kill it with projectiles if you have patience.

Please play the kits before you give guides on them to new players.

Posted Mar 30, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.
  12. it's a bad kit, what's the point of giving a detailed guide on using it to the fullest when by the time that they master that, they realize there are better kits to be using

Posted Mar 30, 2021
  13. When you play it well its a funny kit to kill braindead tryhards with

Posted Mar 30, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.