• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7847 Players Online
  • 4957 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to not get muted

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by PhantasMagori, Jul 13, 2020.

1. This is my list of tips on how to avoid getting muted.
    1. Familiarize yourself with the rules to stay out of trouble. The link mineplex.com/rules lists all the rules one needs to follow at all times.
    2. Avoid pointless arguments. There is absolutely no reason to engage in, or start an argument. Why? Because everybody already has their opinions and beliefs set in stone. The average argument does not become this deep philosophical discussion that inspires someone to crawl Mount Everest with their eyes closed. People are stubborn. Stop wasting your precious brain liquids hoping to change somebody else. Focus on what you have control over. If you are not being paid to argue, it is a huge waste of time to do so.
    3. Stop caring about what other people think. If somebody says something disparaging to you, it does not matter. Do not respond. You are feeding the troll the attention they get their fix off of by saying ANYTHING BACK. Even worse, you can be giving that troll an easy way to report you. Instead of trash talking back, do /report, and let karma use thunderbolt. In my opinion, it is better to not even read what they say. If you can master that, you truly reached my level of not giving a single heck.
    4. Behaving immaturely does not make you look cool. Think about someone other then yourself.
    5. Think about the future. A lengthy punishment history can jeopardize your chance at achieving your goals on Mineplex. Think about what you say before you say it. Is it really worth it to filter bypass?
    6. Friend the right people. People act like the people they are around. If your main crowd are people who go around spewing keyboard diarrhea, you will probably end up doing that too. That is what happened to me. Figure it out before you screw up.
    7. Self-Evaluate your behavior.
    I hope this guide was helpful idk. I was bored, and wanted to do something lol.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Legend998, Locus, Adrenaline and 3 others like this.
  2. Hey!

I think this is a pretty good guide. Most guides contain pointless information regarding mutes, and this really broke down how to avoid that behavior in the first place/rule-breaking. I think the 3rd thing you listed here is the most important one here. I see this happen all the time and it is unfortunate. Overall, pretty solid guide.

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and PhantasMagori like this.
  3. Here is how to not get muted: Don’t break the rules.
    Simple.

But I think that guide is good for avoiding ways you might end up the breaking the rules.

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    xOeuf and PhantasMagori like this.
  4. This guide doesn't have much of a point... everybody knows how to get muted and know why after they're being toxic, nobody doesn't know this. It's just that people get angry and don't care. There was no need for a thread like this

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    TryAgainBud likes this.
  5. yeah sometimes you really just HAVE TO be toxic.

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    PhantasMagori likes this.
  6. Hello!

That guide is much better than other guides, and I like that it encourages to be a positive community member overall. This guide would help many toxic players to prevent getting muted. Or at least toxic players would know what to do to prevent getting muted. You've made a very good guide!

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    STARWARSROCKS22 likes this.
  7. Dear @PhantasMagori,
    I hope you are having a good evening, I'd like to write to you in regards to my personal circumstance;
    I constantly have the urge to spread bigotry among the server, I feel as though it has become increasingly hard to not do so, despite it being against the rules. Whenever I lose a match in SSM, or am confronted by a beautiful m'lady in Lobby-1, the urge is strengthened by tenfold. It is, by all means, hard to stay "clean" on this server and keep from getting muted. I feel that this guide has helped me tremendously thus far. I thank you for that.
    My fundamental issue, though, is not one with familiarity regarding the rules - but rather one of the temptation to say that which is not allowed in a bout of deviance towards the server; to be verbally explicit. Do you perhaps have any tips for suppressing these urges?
    Thank you in advance. Best,
    - Egg

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    PhantasMagori likes this.
  8. “Precious brain liquids”
    “Not giving a single heck”
    “Keyboard diarrhoea”
    This is the golden age of unique terms

Posted Jul 14, 2020
  9. I think this is a very good guide for those who simply don't know how to keep some statements to themselves! This is also good for people who wouldn't know how to reply if someone came after them offensively so they don't end up being the one in trouble!

Posted Jul 14, 2020
  10. Hey!

This is actually a very good guide and it doesn’t seem like a joke. I wish that my younger self would’ve had this guide because I was punished far more times than I should have been haha

So thank you for writing this guide! Even though now I know all of this already, it’s definitely good for the younger members of Mineplex who may not know any better!!

Thanks!
    -Adrenaline

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  11. How to not get muted, dont talk.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Jaek likes this.