• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11201 Players Online
  • 8311 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to Hunt (Effectively)

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by CZArkolan, Sep 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Note: I didn't make this guide to show all the common hiding spots. I made this to help the readers develop their own game sense.

Learn how to hide.

Find lobbies with good hiders. Learn common routes and parkour. Learn the meta hiding spots for each map. Figure out how to win the game without staying in one spot. Don't depend on big hider lobbies. Try to win in lobbies with good hunters (ImagineHidingLOL, NiceESPbro, LoveLayneeOrDie, PsychSkeleton-- just a few popular examples).

After a few hundred games of hiding, you will have learned how hider minds work. Once you know that, finding most hiders will be easy. If you notice a party or people who play together often, several of them will usually be hiding in the same spot, especially on Atlantis, Cookie Town, Eclipse Town, Nakoji, Thames Square, Hidden Fields, and Riverwood. These are considered meta spots. All good hunters know them, but hiders decide to use them most of the time anyway.

Know how to navigate the maps.
    You already know how to navigate as a hider, but that was all to learn how to navigate as a hunter. Figure out how to counter risky spots, such as the Riverwood tree in a big hider lobby. There's more than one way to get up the tree, and even more ways to kill hiders who are in the tree. Utilize Leaper Hunter; become a quick judge whether or not you can make a leap. Take a route to intercept the hider's route.

Figure out different types of hiders.
    There are random newbies who hide as random blocks, "good" players who semi-AFK in meta spots, experienced routers, and unpredictable players. When you join a lobby, determine which types of players will be present. Most lobbies are a mix of random newbies and "good" players. Sometimes there are a couple of experienced routers, in which case you should exercise your own hunter routing skills. It's rare to encounter an unpredictable player, but when you do, you have to check everywhere; Radar Hunter is very useful in this situation.

Random newbies: Most unranked and/or low level people
    "Good" semi-AFKers: Most IMMORTAL/Eternals, usually level 50+
    Experienced Routers: Paket (sheep main)
    Unpredictable Players: GottaGoFasta

Understand the different kits.
    Although Leaper Hunter is often the most effective, especially in big hider lobbies, sometimes you have to switch things up. When there are a lot of hiders in the Confined tower, you can use TNT Hunter to blow up the top floor by throwing the TNT into the cobwebs in the ceiling. When you know there's an Infestor Hider but have no idea where they are, use Radar Hunter. Said kit is also effective if you've gone through all the meta spots and can't find someone, even if they are a regular block. Use Taser Hunter if you want to hunt without any useful perks.

Pay attention to audio.
    Meows and fireworks are louder if you are closer to them. I can't see fireworks because my particles are disabled, but I can hear them. The same goes for meows. Even taunts like Blow a Kiss make a distinct sound.

I've been accused for using ProphuntESP because I've killed many Infestor Hiders without Radar Hunter. But how else could I have done it? I heard the infest sound. A lot of people make the mistake of infesting when a hunter is nearby, which makes a loud noise. Once you know an Infestor Hider is near, you should know which blocks to check. They almost always infest blocks which look natural, or blocks which cannot be reached through parkour. Once you understand that, you'll be accused of ProphuntESP in no time!

A few final tips...
    Don't rely on hitboxes. Don't rely on big hunter lobbies. Don't rely on Radar Hunter. Don't be afraid to look stupid by hitting all the blocks and animals. Don't be afraid to use your bow. Don't be afraid to call out a person's location in team chat (#) if they kill you. And most importantly, don't worry about your reputation. Once you become good at hunting, everyone is going to accuse you of cheating. Even some of my close friends with whom I've played for years think I cheat now. It's simply a core part of being a hunter main; hider mains hate you.

Posted Sep 3, 2020
  2. Some good tips for beginners here.
    What helped me the most at the beginning was to (as you wrote) become decent at hiding - I learned how hiders think, where they hide, and how do they try to escape - and when it comes to pro's, I know what I would do if I were them at the moment.
    Good job <3

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  3. If I want to win I would be a flowerpot in wheat!!!

Posted Sep 3, 2020
  4. Another big part of hunting is memorizing common block piles. Getting those down will be huge for wiping out the randoms quickly so you can start working on the more experienced hiders.

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    CZArkolan and FluteVegetables like this.
  5. I agree

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. OH NY GOF hi roommate

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    CZArkolan and WilierSaucer495 like this.
  7. yeah usually i hit every block even dirt and stuff thanks for tips

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  8. Oh my fod yeah swapper hider is too OP I have to hit every block

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. or just download esp

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Jaek and Bossitiveplays like this.
  10. You need to rename this to: How to get hackusated in Block Hunt (Effectively)

Nice job!

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.