• 1034 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5131 Players Online
  • 4097 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to help people better!

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by DabaronDaFox, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Whats up Mineplexers, today I will be showing you how you can help people way better!

Here is how to do it

====TEXT====
    1. Go to the forum where you want to get notifications from
    2. At the top, there will be a button that says "Watch forum"
    3. Click this and then uncheck all except "New Threads" and "Alerts"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Watching the forum will give you notifications whenever someone posts there, letting you know there are people that you can help.
    (This also works on every other area, so say you want to be up to date when someone makes a game idea you can copy the steps but the other forum section

Posted Jul 5, 2019
    THELichCA, RodgersMDH and Critiql like this.
  2. Did you post the wrong post?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. Nice guide! Short, sweet, and to the point. Good job!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  4. Lmao xD I think so..we all make mistakes
    And ty for this!!! This will be useful seeing as I’m going to be applying for trainee in the near future!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
    Steven190 likes this.
  5. Hey!

This is a quite useful feature of the forums, but most people don't know about it so thanks for bringing awareness to it! The arrows also help a lot to see what to do and where it is, a great guide for users and staff who would like to gain some more knowledge on how to help users more efficiently on the forums!

Have an awesome day, thanks for sharing this with us!

Posted Jul 6, 2019
  6. This was a feature on enjin, and it was absolutely essential for me at the time not just for the Help section, but also while processing reports because it was difficult to "grab" one for yourself. I prefer not to have my notifications flooded now as there are no notifications for wall posts on the new forums.

Now, for the aspiring trainees: doing this could cause being labelled as a "trainee tryhard" and you could significantly ruin your reputation if the answers to the threads in the Help section are often along the lines of "I don't know the answer but you can ask a staff member to help", but on the other hand, the right attitude while helping and truly, selflessly serving the community will improve both the network and you as a person. This, in my opinion, needs to be said because answering people's questions is not a race. A race can be members of RP grabbing reports for themselves, it can be congratulating the newest batch of trainees first, but in a Recruiter's eyes answering a question first with mediocre replies won't get you any bonus points.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Sunny / Slash likes this.