• 1387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1387 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How to Fix The Pub Stomping Issue in This Gamemode

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by beanowonotanuwu, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I would like to start by saying that I am not trying to bring up my old plan about abolishing parties.

We start by looking at Bed Wars. Bed Wars from the Hypixel Network has a key feature that adds to the general effect of the gamemode: Win streaks.

A win streak is basically an ongoing count of wins that increasingly gives more and more rewards until player losses.

When I referenced "This Gamemode" in the title of this thread, I am referring to specifically Champions DOM and CTF.

I would also like to note that I do know that win streaks did exist not too long before but this time, their implementation would be different.

In DOM and CTF, there is a pub stomping issue, basically an issue of 4+ people parties of skilled players vs. an assortment of good and (usually) inexperienced players.

To combat this, we implement win streaks but win streaks only are active when a player is not in a party.

Win streaks would reward cosmetics (at certain milestones), experience, gems, shards, and possibly even ranks (at very high milestones).

This is all just a thought but one that is worth looking over.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
    mcckaay, Starx280, Thenorn and 2 others like this.
  2. Hello <o/

I think this will be an interesting addition to Champions. Public stomping as you have said, has been a very prevalent issue, especially with more players starting to move back to Capture the Flag. Implementing win streaks is a very creative solution to this problem. Furthermore, adding in win streak milestones would be also creative as I have never seen this implemented on other servers. However, perhaps instead of the possibility of gaining ranks, I would rather see an additional amount of experience, gems, and shards. Maybe even a few chests if you reach a certain winstreak also. One question I do have is, would creating a party before the games starts, then disbanding it after it starts (so you are still on the same team), count towards this win streak? Overall, I give this idea a +1.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
    mcckaay and Starx280 like this.
  3. I have actually just mentioned this issue as the reason I don't play Champions much anymore in another thread. Discouraging playing in parties is a big step towards solving it, but not by disallowing them completely as that would mean some players would be completely repelled. I think win streaks are the best solution due to how they are an award distinct from already existing rewards such as experience, games or shards, which many have already grinded extensively. Add leaderboards to that, and the game is bound to have competition as well as fairer games. Newer players would be much more glad to find themselves in a situation where there are three skilled players on each side rather than, say, five to one.

In my opinion, this is a great idea that would also benefit Cake Wars on Mineplex.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  4. I disagree with this one. What if the party just disbands before the game ends? Remember that friends are also forced to be teamed, and you can queue with the sheep. I feel like this would be even more broken. It might also encourage dodging lobbies with skilled players in order to save a win streak. Parties shouldn't block it either. For example, if someone is teaching a new player how to play, they suddenly cannot get rewards?

Posted Jul 21, 2020
    reaLLytired likes this.
  5. In DOM and CTF, there are no dodging lobbies. We get 5-30 games a day in CTF and DOM gets 40-70+ games. We don't have lobbies to dodge.

To the friends forced to be on a team part, that can be overridden by queueing the sheep.

To the queueing the sheep part, it is very easy for a new player to accidentally queue sheep and mess up a party or for someone like me (who hates parties) to queue sheep and break up a pub stomping party.

And to the last line, if you are teaching someone how to play, then you should be rewarded with thanks and, in fact, I say Thank You for teaching a new player how to play; however, should be rewarded for winning when you were teaching a player how to play instead of trying to win?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2020
    Starx280 and Paladise like this.
  6. Hi!

I can definitely see where you are coming from. This idea is fairly similar to this thread except a rank system is substituted for a "win streak" system, so I recommend you take some time and read over other people's reactions as well as my response to it overall.

My primary concern with this is still the sense of impracticality for someone to solo queue a game intended for team play.

Overall, as I mentioned in that thread, I do like this concept, but some problems with it still need resolving before it can be considered to be added to the network.

Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  7. The more better solution would be to campaign champions. The pub stomping is because there's such a low player count in champions.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
    ISleptOnMyKeyboard likes this.
  8. I like this idea.

Pub stompers often create a toxic atmosphere and cause people to leave/lose interest in a game, so it would be healthy to implement something like this so more players can enjoy the server.

BIG +1

Posted Jul 21, 2020