• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3306 Players Online
  • 3306 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How To (Almost) Always Win Dragons

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by TechnoShield, May 6, 2021.

1. How To (Almost) Always Win Dragons

Coward Kit
    Your feather is useful in dodging dragon attacks and jumping to hard-to-parkour blocks. Free

Archer Kit
    You don't have a super jump, but you have chainmail armor, increasing your survivability, and equipped with a bow, to help yourself "scare" away dragons. 3000 gems (or shards? I forgot)

Winning
    It's pretty simple. You have to keep your eyes on any nearby ground that lay in dragons' path. If you are Coward Kit, you can use your feather to jump away. Otherwise, run! You WILL take heavy knockback if you are in the dragons' way. Archer Kit people can shoot the dragons at it so that it gets "scared" away. I don't think you can kill one, but at least give you some extra time to win.

Surround yourself with blocks. This is essential to, if you get knockback from the dragon, there is a block in your way to prevent you from falling into the void. I prefer going into caves, but not too deep, because below that is deadly water. If you are too high, try leaning against a tree or wall. It will increase your chances of not getting knocked off, and surviving.

Tips
    • Don't AFK farm. Besides getting lots of loot, you don't have the fun you get when you are playing with friends or actively playing. Also, it's not good for your device.
    • Don't do acrobatic stuff. By what I mean, it's like standing on a 1x1 block in the air, about to get knocked down by a dragon. I've seen many people do this, like getting on a roof, a tree, with feathers. This makes them an easy target for the dragon.
    • Spread Apart. If you are close to each other, the dragon can get you in one blow, and it's all based on who was hit first, gravity, etc.
    • Final Shout. If you are using Coward Kit and fell off the edge, and you know others are just right above you, you can try leaping with the feather. It is pretty effective, even it if just means getting one place higher on the leaderboard in the game.
    And that's all! If you think there needs improvement, then comment with some constructive criticism. :)

Posted May 6, 2021
    Fusafez, ReJo, Skit and 3 others like this.
  2. I will probably play dragons like this in the future, you get lots of gems, only downside is that you have to wait like 5 minutes for a lobby to fill up.

Posted May 6, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  3. Thanks for taking the time to make this guide! :D

Posted May 7, 2021
  4. Thanks for the guide! One thing I would add to Coward kit is to try and leap lower to the ground, since it can negate fall damage you take from getting rubber-banded by the dragons :D

Posted May 7, 2021
  5. Smart!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 7, 2021
    Skit likes this.
  6. Hey! Thanks for this post! I've been playing a lot more dragons lately, and while I think I do a pretty good job normally, I'll take this advice next time I play!

Posted May 7, 2021
  7. Heyo!

I love dragons on java, so it's nice to see it's still popular on bedrock! Another tip I'd add is that if you leap right before you hit the ground, you can negate all fall damage (leap cancelling), which is super useful when you get hit into the air by a dragon.

Posted May 7, 2021
    SALB Music likes this.
  8. Cool guide! I don't really need it because I'm so good at dragons B)
    But I do appreciate you taking the time to make this. I hope others can also learn a thing or two from your guide!

Posted May 7, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  9. Definitely going to take your advice the next time I play dragons! Thanks for making the guide :)

Posted May 8, 2021
  10. Thanks for taking the time to make this guide! The whole thing is definitely very informative and well put together. You summed up a lot of really good tips for the game in this thread so I can't really think of anything else to add onto that off the top of my head. I know that this will be very helpful for a lot of people, myself included! Thanks for putting so much effort into making this!

Posted May 12, 2021
  11. I don't really play dragons that much anymore and I kinda forgot the elements of the game. So, thanks for making a guide :)

Posted May 12, 2021
  12. There are actually DR lobbies that are active every once in a while. There are a few communities devoted to keeping DR active.

Posted May 12, 2021
  13. the guy is talking about bedrock

Posted May 12, 2021
  14. Both bedrock and java have active servers time to time. I dont play bedrock much anymore but i am seeing from this conversation that it seems alive.

Posted May 12, 2021
  15. i would actually like to add 2 more details though:

when youre playing dragons, dont try to stay on higher ground; because when you stay on higher ground you have a very easy chance to fall and take a LOT of fall damage. Which sometimes seems like no big deal, but it factors in heavily. Although ways to prevent this unlike some other games you can play, is to use leap right before you land. It negates all fall damage you can possibly take. Given this situation then, it is best to stay lower on the map to prevent heavy damage, but also a mass number of people try to stay on top, leaving very low amounts of hits coming to you.

I would also like to oppose the idea of staying in caves. I say this because most maps have shallow caves that can easily be undermined, and you would have no chance to leap away from in it.

lastly when playing DR, its wise to always hit the dragons when they come down to hit you. Hitting the dragons as coward can actually negate a little bit of your KB you take. Its a very handy and easy tip. This is the same thing with trying to glitch into blocks by opening and shutting trap doors and also sneaking in the corners of blocks. Its very helpful when you’re either on large amounts of land, but also if you’re only able to stand on 10 blocks. Thats all i really have to add. But feel free add or oppose my comments and techniques ;)

Posted May 12, 2021
    TechnoShield likes this.
  16. That's right!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2021