• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3346 Players Online
  • 3346 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How Should We Deal with Players that are Boosting/Teaming?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Ducksicle, May 7, 2021.

1. It has come to my attention that there are several boosters in SSM, which I do not think is appropriate to list here. But I really don't know what to do at this point, like there were two people that teamed on me in SSM a couple days ago and I realized that one was just giving the win to the other by the end of it. I also noticed that the one who received the win has over 100 weekly wins, so why hasn't anyone done anything about it yet? I reported these players in staff request multiple times, and no one was ever there to help me at the right time. I cannot record these two because they are clever enough to dodge when they see me, probably because they know I'm going to do something about it. It doesn't sit right with me that these boosters have been getting away with this the entire week, so much that they've been gaining nearly 200 wins. I'm guessing these guys boost in lobbies with inexperienced players, because it amazes me that no one has done anything yet. But what am I supposed to do now? I wish I could report these guys, but I have no evidence. This suggestion should be in general ideas discussion, but I really wish there was a place we could report rule-breakers with no evidence just for staff to see if they're online at a different time of the day and properly handle it then. Only so much can be done in the moment, but there are ways we can still resolve this.

Posted May 7, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  2. As stat boosting is more of an offense when you yourself are boosting your own stats by using things like anti-AFK programs, intentionally tying, or using alt accounts, I don't think much can be done here from that regard.

Boosting other people is present in sooooo many games - not just within Minecraft servers but outside of Minecraft completely - and it's very annoying when you are trying to play the game casually, I agree. However, the issue of it not being easily punishable is everywhere, too. We can't directly punish someone for giving someone else wins. Similarly, we can't directly punish someone because someone else is giving them wins. But that's why we have teaming rules, at least. Although it wouldn't be a stat wipe, it would still be a ban - one that increases in length every single time.

And, for teaming, we can punish for that as normal.

It's unfortunate that you are not able to gather evidence on them as they dodge in your games, however, what you can do is use the #report-players channel in the MPD or StaffRequest again whenever you can (although if they're in SR I think it's best to use Discord). Alternatively, you can DM me the names of these players on Discord (msb#2207), and I can try to check them out when they are online again and see if I can gather enough evidence for teaming. From what is sounds like you're saying, it won't be too much of a challenge, so just message me privately when you have the chance.

Posted May 8, 2021
  3. I added you (emmy). I'll DM you the names of the people I was talking about

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  4. Delete all stats that they have earned in the past week, then hit them with a 7d ban.

Posted May 22, 2021