• 1662 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3746 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How old are you?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Ender Rivka, Oct 11, 2019.

?

How old are you?

1. 4-6

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. 7-9

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  3. 10-12

12 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. 13-15

54 vote(s)
    37.2%
  5. 16-18

46 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. 19-29

19 vote(s)
    13.1%
  7. 30-39

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 40-49

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. 50-59

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 60+

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. I feel like a family friendly Minecraft server is a bit counter-intuitive. It gives the false sense of security to parents that this is safe for young kids to go on unsupervised even though they could very well be talking to creepy 40 year old men. If mineplex made it more of a PG-13 server, parents of younger kids would be more wary and keep more restrictions

Posted Oct 12, 2019
  2. I mean 99% of the time parents don't even know or care about the difference between separate Minecraft servers. They just see their kid on the computer and go back to whatever they were doing.

Posted Oct 12, 2019
    Korben2005, Jaekub, 4G0 and 6 others like this.
  3. Wow, looking at the poll results now it's amazing how many people who saw this thread are actually between the age of 13-15. Surprising I'm also 15 actually. Never actually thought that the majority would be people around my age thought that they would be around the age of 9-11 but I guess you never know.

Posted Oct 12, 2019
  4. Lol you are proabaly right

Posted Oct 12, 2019
  5. I am 16. Although I, personally, do not get bothered by others swearing as long as it is not used offensively or the words are too severe, reporting/punishing would be a nightmare. Some words are obvious but how do you know if someone filter bypassed when you have the feature toggled off? Messages that have already been sent cannot be edited.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 12, 2019
  6. Who is 60+ and 4-6?

Posted Oct 12, 2019
  7. If we're being real, a considerable chunk of players aren't the most friendly with one-another. Removing the filter allows for such behavior to prosper without check, which is dangerous when you have younger audience members.

If there ain't no laws, there are no criminals.
    Yeah but you also won't have society either, which is kinda needed.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  8. I'm 15 years old getting my permit next month. (super excited) I've been playing Mineplex since I was 10 years old! Mineplex has never grown old to me and I will continue to play it as long as I can!

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  9. It's not surprising to have people in that age group playing on here. When you get to that age you might just want to relax and have fun without having to worry about it too much. I've known a 75-year-old who played a flight simulator and use their forum and became quite an icon on the forums due to his knowledge on aircraft for the previous 7 decades of his life.
    Not all elders are sterotypical computer illiterates.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  10. I went to my grandparents’ house recently and played a flight simulator with my grandpa. He beat me by so much and it turns out he had beaten a lot of the levels easily. A lot of grandparents are good at flight simulators I guess.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  11. No it is most likely just people trying to be funny. I doubt any actual 60+ people play mineplex.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  12. I'm 16 and it looks like many other people are in the 16-18 category so yey c:
    I've also been playing Minecraft since I was like 8 or 9 so I've been here for a while but didn't discover Mineplex until like 2014

I also think that the 4-6 year olds and the 60+ year olds were voting that as a joke although I wouldn't doubt it if there were some older people who play Minecraft, and I know for a fact that there's also really little kids who play it too

Good luck on getting your permit next month! I got mine a couple months ago after my birthday. I thought the test I had to take was really easy, but it might be a little different depending on what state/country you live in.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  13. I am currently fifteen. If you intention is to use that to suggest leadership get rid of the filter, I don't think it does much to help your case. Mineplex has forever been a kid friendly server, and I don't see that changing ever. I personally don't mind the filter, and I think it does a great job at limiting the toxicity of certain people.

Other than that, I think it was pretty neat to see what age is the most common in the community.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  14. I'm back because at first I didn't read OP's entire post.

Bro why do you want to change the chat filter?

I also don't really think that this survey is a good representation of the entire Mineplex playerbase. The reason why is because younger kids are less likely to know how to make an account for this website. Some of them probably don't even realize that there's a website in the first place. So even if you think that there's less younger kids on here because of the survey you posted, you don't really know for sure. Also, I think the chat filter is good enough as it is. I don't mind swearing but other people do even if they're older. Also it narrows down the amount of insults you're allowed to use. Sure you're allowed to call people "stupid" or "idiot" but those aren't even good in the first place and they don't have the same effect as calling people other names which are blocked by the filter.

that might not even matter in the first place because some people can think of ways to bypass the filter anyways, but you can still get punished for bypassing the filter.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  15. Toki has pretty much addressed that fact that the filter won't be changed based on a forums poll, but I think it's really interesting to see the age range in our player base. I'm 22 years old which is a bit older than most players you will find on our server from my experience. However, I think it just goes to show how Mineplex and Minecraft in general can serve people of all ages. At the end of the day, we're all just doing something we love by playing video games and that's a really cool thing. It doesn't matter what age you are, there's going to be something to enjoy here.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  16. Hey there!

I am currently 12 years old and turning 13 this November.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  17. Hey! I'll just answer the question in the title. I'm currently 17, turning 18 in the first week of November. I'm a first year freshman in college and a lot of people say that im super young to be in college haha. I been playing on this server as a kid from like 12 or 13. Maybe I played Mineplex even younger than that but I dont remember the exact number. I think most people on Mineplex are around mid teen range like 16-17+ range. There are some exceptions on both sides of the age spectrum but I think over time Mineplex went from really young players to more teenagers as years passed. Most likely due to previous young players, growing older and more teenagers joining Mineplex and Minecraft during the recent surge.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  18. If your making this to change the Mineplex filtering I strongly disagree. I see 2 people that are 4-6 years old. Mineplex is a kid friendly server and will have the filtering system on even if everyone on Mineplex was 14+ years old. Mineplex should be kid-friendly forever, and that will never change

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  19. LOL those "two people" are most likely older but trying to be funny. Even if they are 4-6 the game is supposed to be 10+ so they shouldn't be playing regardless. Mineplex won't change their family friendly policy, but it certainly is hurting them

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    SpitefulNick and SpookVegetables like this.
  20. i'm 19 years old

Posted Oct 30, 2019