• 463 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8901 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How old are you?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Ender Rivka, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

?

How old are you?

1. 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  2. 7-9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10-12

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. 13-15

40 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. 16-18

33 vote(s)
    34.4%
  6. 19-29

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. 30-39

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 40-49

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. 50-59

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 60+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. I'm trying to gauge the general age of the server so we can have a better argument for changing the filter, etc. Please be honest.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. Even if people are generally older, I don't think the filter is going to change because Mineplex is partnered with Minecraft so they have to follow certain rules. Also, it's just a guess but I'd say that a lot of the younger playerbase wouldn't use the forums so the results of the survey might be a bit skewed.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    Segwat, Snvy, SpitefulNick and 2 others like this.
  3. Hey!

About your question, currently, I am 14 but I'll turn 15 very soon! But what do you want to suggest changing in the filter? As the reasoning behind this is used for this.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:32 AM
  4. There's a lot of ideas that get rejected because the playerbase is young (but without much evidence) and the filter was just an example. I personally don't really care about the filter but I made this thread so people who are proposing ideas that cater to a specific age group can cite this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM
  5. If this is a thread about making some words allowed, due to their severity, I am completely against it. But if there are other things that are wished to be changed, I may be open to supporting the idea.

But no matter what the average age is here at Mineplex, there is still going to be young people who shouldn't be exposed to inappropriate words. So I don't see why it is worth changing, as Mineplex should be a place where everyone, no matter characteristics is included. And changing something that will have a negative effect on a specific age group will not do any good.

But I hope to see some interesting suggestions about the filter in the future!

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    Xukuri likes this.
  6. I think that asking this question is totally allowed. Your age is only your's. None can give you much more years or reduce existing. Having 18+ years is very cool period and also a period where you are growing to a mature person.
    Best regards.
    Zirkaah.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 12:21 PM
    Lipsticks likes this.
  7. I am currently 12 years old, though I turn 13 in December. I see how things like the filter can be annoying at times, but just because mineplex could have an older audience, doesn't mean little kids aren't going to sneak in. I know a few people 17 years old and older who don't really like alot of the things that are filtered anyways. I think the filter should stay the way it is. Another thing is this question might also not be the most appropriate, where this could be considered asking for personal information. I don't know if its a rule though.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 12:34 PM
    Segwat and Lipsticks like this.
  8. It’s anonymous so it probably won’t be an issue, and plus I’m asking everybody, not just some random person.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 11:54 PM
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  9. Most younger kids already know all the swear words even at 5 or 6. I think some should be unfiltered besides the racist or ***ist ones.

Also I feel like general rudeness should be given out less as very minor things can land someone with a mute

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM
  10. If "most" younger kids known swear words at 5 YEARS OLD, that's bad parenting.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 2:59 AM
    AndrewRG10, Thenorn and Xukuri like this.
  11. In my opinion, age shouldn't only be taken into consideration. Mineplex doesn't want young people seeing such profanity and that is respectable. But it's also that some people, regardless of age don't like to see any vulgarity or obscene language in chat. It's just generally not a nice thing really, and at the moment, I don't see an urgent need for changes in the filter.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 3:57 AM
    NothinButNetYT and Dan1el like this.
  12. I learned them from the older kids on the school bus, I think I was about 6 and they were maybe only a year or two older than me. I suppose if someone goes to some super Christian private school they might be sheltered from swear words a little longer but I bet every 10 year old knows them and that's the minimum age to play minecraft.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    SpitefulNick and NothinButNetYT like this.
  13. I’m 14 turning 15 next week!

But this thread is interesting though. I’m interested to hear what others say

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 11:54 AM
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  14. Mineplex is supposed to be a safe environment where parents can trust the server that it will protect them from any bad influences ranging from vulgarity and rudeness to other aspects of internet safety, such as blocking unclarified links. The punishment guidelines stand behind not just the younger audience, but also people of different nationalities, skin color, orientation etc. Generally, if you want to discuss topics such as these and use vulgarity, a Minecraft server is not the place for that.

As for the thread, I turned 16 two days ago. I had a small birthday party yesterday and it was lots of fun. :)

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM
  15. Happy Late Birthday :)

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 1:41 PM
    Thenorn likes this.
  16. imo I don't see why we can't have a system like the biggest server, where you have an option to toggle chat filter off. People who want to talk freely/swear can do so, and people who don't want to see it won't have to. And obviously that system hasn't had parents restricting their kids from playing on that server.

Would also like to point out though that the average age is most likely a lot younger on bedrock than java. And from what I've seen the amount of players who know or use the forums for both platforms is not even close to an accurate reflection of either's playerbase.

P.S. If who ever polled 60+ is taking this poll seriously, props to you

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 2:09 PM
  17. So I am a bit of an older guy myself but I just want to say that even if our player base is generally older, we will not be changing the filter system that we have now. Mineplex strives to be a family-friendly server and out filter system is a vital part of that effort. So even if everyone was older, we want to ensure that our server environment is also conducive to a player that may be younger.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 2:59 PM
  18. Hey I see that your main objective of this poll and this thread is seeing the age range in order to edit the filter and "other things" that you haven't elaborated on.

Unfortunately, a large majority of our player base does not use the website, and that tends to be people who are younger and sometimes have parental controls set up so that they may not visit specific websites. Further, a lot of people who are on the website will unfortunately not see this thread / choose not to comment or select a poll option on this thread.

Therefore I do believe any data that you receive from this thread would be inaccurate. Thus, it will not help your "argument" in getting the filtering on the server changed in any form.

As I am in charge of the filter myself, if you have any suggestions feel free to reach out to me however I will not be unfiltering anything for the reason of "the community is older so we should be able to swear or say this or that" or similar. Mineplex is a family friendly server and as such we will not allow vulgarity on the server.

Filter bugs as always could be given to me or submitted through the normal bug form located here: https://www.mineplex.com/bugs-game just make sure that you select the "Chat Filter Bug" option when reporting.

To answer the question you posed, I myself have just turned 24. Unfortunately as you get older though it doesn't have as much of a monumental impact as it once did. I guess next year I could rent a car but who cares about that really haha.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 3:25 PM
    Slipest, AyyNick, Segwat and 7 others like this.
  19. I am 15 years old but I see why they do have the filter because some people don’t or are offended by certain words no matter their age.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 3:42 PM
    Mr_CLICKS and SpookVegetables like this.
  20. I feel like the filter should be toggleable like on the other big server, sure there are tons of kids on the server but I think we’d all be happy if we can choose to turn on/off the filter for ourselves as often the filter filters words that aren’t even bad just cuz someone made a spelling mistake or had certain letters together

Anyway, surprised to see the age results so far, thought more people would be younger (I am 16 btw)

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 4:41 PM
    Mr_CLICKS likes this.