• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How Mineplex Shaped My Life

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Revisor, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Earlier today I was sitting in my college dorm room looking for something to do. I waited patiently as my laptop kicked on thinking that I might watch a little bit of Netflix. After my computer booted up and brought me to my desktop I saw the Minecraft icon.

I hadn't played in months, and even then I had just hopped on to mess around with a couple of friends, nothing special. Maybe it was my boredom or my astute ability to procrastinate, but I decided that I wanted to hop on Mineplex just to see what was going on. I didn't expect it to make me reflect like I did.

I figured that now as I'm transitioning to adulthood I might as well share with you how Mineplex affected my life.

The first time I ever came on mineplex I was about 13 years old. I had spent a lot of time playing Pixelmon before that (it was the reason I got minecraft to begin with) but I had been told that some multiplayer servers were fun so I decided to check it out. That was a little over six years ago. I remember being encapsulated by the sheer amount of players that Mineplex had, how invigorated the mini-games and different modes were and overall how fun of a server it was to play on. Mineplex helped me get through a lot of difficult times throughout my teenage years where I was dealing with a lot of stress about what was in store for my future.

I still remember that day on Teamspeak where my name got called out by Scharf; the day I became a Trainee. February 5th, 2016 changed my life for good. I can't really say if I loved or hated being a staff member, sometimes it was a little bit of both. (Shoutout to Jackie and the goons! And to Olly, Dan, Chad, Nick, Pixel and Abbie #ICantRememberOurBatchName)

Browsing the forums it's evident that Mineplex isn't what it used to be. People will say that it's Mineplex's fault, others will say that competing games are the reason. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. From a business perspective you always want your business to thrive and be successful, but from another perspective it's about more than money. Mineplex was able to influence my life in a positive way, and that's huge. By impacting just one life, I believe that Mineplex has done something successful and I'll forever be appreciative of my memories that I had while playing on the server.

I know that this wasn't the most fluent or grammatically correct post (pardon my gramme(a)r, I wrote this in 10 minutes so I could get to a date on time) but I just felt like sharing my thoughts on how Mineplex influenced me growing up. To everyone out there: stay beautiful, stay awesome, and don't die!

- Koopa

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    BenSVE, Korben, BasicT and 3 others like this.
  2. I can kinda relate to this. I'm finding that in my teen years I'm still playing Mineplex as a way to help with stress and the things in everyday life, and sure it may not be the same as it was, but it's different in a good kind of way. It has helped me find friends and experience. I hope you continue to play mineplex throughout college and enjoy it like you did before!

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  3. Hey there Revisor.

Thanks for sharing your story. I can relate to you as well. I believe Mineplex was the first server that I came across that I actually enjoyed playing on along with friends. I've made many friends on the server and I'm still friends with many that I made on the server to this day. Mineplex is an awesome community filled with brilliant and kind minds. It helped me through the hardest of times and I'm grateful to be a part of the community.

Have a fantastic day.

-JYTG

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  4. Hello. I can definitely relate to your story, Mineplex has shaped my life in so many ways. I met so many amazing people on this server, and I’m so glad I randomly decided to click the Mineplex server, as my life changed forever when I did. I’m so glad you’ve shared your story, and I’m happy to see you’ve had an amazing time on this server. I know things can be a struggle for everyone in life-and Mineplex is a great way to channel your sorrow and anger, it helped me out a lot, and I can’t thank Mineplex enough. Especially my awesome friends who made it possible for me to stay in the first place <3
    Have an amazing day and a bright future!
    xGetRekted

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    Korben and LT Tombstone 77 like this.