• 1058 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3637 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How many WPM (Words per minute) Can you guys get?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Overstuffed, Jan 1, 2020.

1. I play typeracer every now and then to see how fast I can type, and I usually average about 75-80 WPM on the quotes. How fast can everyone type?

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  2. 100 if I'm trying to type fast I get around 70 typing normally

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  3. Hiya!

I actually remember taking this test back in 2015 when I'd just got my first computer and I had 20 WPM lol. However, 5 years on and I just retook the test and I got an average of 67 WPM. I made 2 mistakes but that's because of my really awful grammar when I'm not actually paying much attention to what I'm writing. 75-80 is really good so congrats!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  4. Back in 3rd grade, I remember I used to only type with my index fingers... I got about 20 WPM at that time. Now, I'm able to get from 80-100, but with that comes my terrible accuracy... so if I'm trying to not make errors, I get about 75.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  5. 90ish with 2 fingers

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  6. Bruh you cant be serious

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  7. I've become really good and fluent with my typing, I can do about 90-100 WPM, maybe even 110.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

I didn't really try for this one, but everyone kind of knows me as a quick typer in my close circles. Might help that I've been playing 150bpm eigth note runs on Clarinet since I was like, 12. But hey. My finger dexterity is really quick, and so my typing speed can go up to 160 words per minute, which isn't even close to "the world's fastest" but it does put me in the top 30% for sure.

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  9. I can probably get around 80-90 WPM.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  10. [​IMG]

Everyone used to ask me "How can you type so fast?" It isn't record-breaking, but it seemed almost unearthly through the eyes of my friends. I am also a quick reader so when combined with rapid typing speed, everyone gets slightly put off by my reaction time and thinks that I am not listening to what is being said. Just letting you know that if you're talking to me, you'll probably have to keep up! Don't fall behind or I'll have gone off on a second tangent (which I am prone to) while you're still replying to messages from... well, ten seconds ago.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Fallen like this.
  11. Exactly how I feel and exactly what I do! How have we not met before?

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  12. I honestly don't know, I haven't found anyone similar! I do tend to keep it a secret though. Not intentionally, I just forget that some make a big deal out of it and I enjoy their surprise when they initiate a conversation :o

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  13. Hey!

My wpm varies from 90-120 on a computer and 75-100 on an iPad when I’m feeling extremely energised. I don’t usually make too many mistakes, but when you type fast I guess there might always be mistake of some sort. I can’t really control when I’m typing fast sometimes, I just find myself to be typing fast and when I did my test to get 120 wpm, it was when I didn’t even think I was typing fast. It’s been really fun seeing other people’s responses, so thank you for this post.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  14. The last time I checked, my WPM was around 120. I had to take an entire year of Keyboarding class in the 8th grade, and that really helped me a lot to get my WPM higher. I took that class with mostly high school juniors and seniors and easily beat them in every typing test we had. :P I contribute a lot of my typing abilities to growing up playing computer games and when I'm imaging spelling something I always picture a keyboard in my head for some reason. I'd say that my keyboard skills aren't bad, but the thing I need to work on is the 10-key (numbers) keyboard for my job. I'm not terrible at it but I'd love to see some improvement with it. :)

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    andrewtam6 likes this.
  15. When I full on "sweat" at typing I can get to 150WPM. Casually typing around 70-80, not even trying about 40-50.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    andrewtam6 likes this.
  16. Most of the time I get like 80-90 ish. But if I warm up my hands, do some finger exercises, get loose, I can hit 110.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    zHalo likes this.
  17. Hello.

I have an around average speed for typing. It ranges from 55wpm-65wpm. The rate I got this time was 59 words per minute. This speed is in a reasonable range for me. I have seen everyone else's velocity and been astonished by how fast it can get. I wish I could be faster at typing. That is my average typing speed, as well as my current score.

Proof:
    https://imgur.com/qJF12ED

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  18. I get an average of 70 WPM. I took the test a few times; I have never been able to type that fast. I remember the last time I took the test, I got around 50 WPM, so I guess that's an improvement.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  19. I just took it for the first time and I am 95 WPM, so cool I guess xD Fun fact, I type with only my pointer fingers, so people are always shocked that I can type so fast. I wonder how high I would get if I learned to type correctly though, probably way higher xD

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim and AyyNick like this.
  20. I have to play this thing called typing club at school, its really boring, but tbh last year my wpm was 20, now its like 90 - 100 if I'm trying. If I'm not trying almost at all I range in the 50s. I don't pay too much attention to my wpm, and I really hate when it comes to typing numbers cause it messes me up. I mean, typing numbers is fine, it just slows me down a bit. Otherwise legit I never look down at my keyboard at all.

Posted Jan 1, 2020