• 4162 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13741 Players Online
  • 9579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey How many languages can you speak?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 20LeeBrian1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. That's a good question! I can only speak 1 language fluently. I speak English fluently and I know a tiny bit of Spanish, but not a lot.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  2. Interesting thread! I can currently speak about 4 languages. Those are Slovak, Czech, English and a very small bit of German. Since I'm from Slovakia, I've been learning both Slovak and Czech during my whole life so I think it's safe to say I'm pretty fluent when it comes to using them. Slovakia and the Czech Republic are not only similar when it comes to culture, but our languages are also almost identical. So if you're born in either of them, chances are you'll be able to fluently speak both languages. Sadly, there are a lot of flaws when it comes to me speaking English so I'd consider myself conversational and I'm always looking to improve in any way I can. Over the last few months, I've been also trying to learn German but it's been going pretty slow so I don't think I can see myself speaking it properly anytime soon. At least I know some of the basic words though :p

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  3. So, when it comes to languages, my resume is pretty disappointing. So I'm fluent in English, it's my first language. I was also fairly fluent in french until I dropped it in school and forgot everything, so now that is completely out of the question. I also started learning Japanese. It's gone a fairly decent way, but i'm not even close to fluent yet, i'm getting there on decent communication. However, I wish I stayed in French classes because living in Canada, French can be a pretty useful language to be fluent in. However, in my area it isn't exactly a necessity.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  4. Well I speak English and then Telugu because everyone in our house speaks that other than me also a bit of Japanese. At least as much Japanese as u can learn from anime.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  5. I can speak fluent English and near fluent Spanish. I've lived in England all my life, hence why I have no issues understanding the English language, but I've studied Spanish in school for about 3-4 years now. It was always my favourite subject in school and I tried to put a ton of effort into it. I'm just obsessed with the culture, grammar, tenses, virtually everything. I'm trying to improve my Spanish a lot, but I'm happy with how far I've come so far. One future language I'd definitely be interested in learning is German, although that might take a while since I don't have much free time on my hands nowadays haha

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  6. Just american.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Im_Ken, V3riity and Crazyy_Tim like this.
  7. So as you probably know, I am from Norway, so obviously I can speak Norwegian (fluently) and English almost fluently as well. My father is 50% American, meaning that my grandmother was an american. Besides that, I have German at school, so I have a good understanding of the German language. Also, I am learning some French online as well, but I can not hold a conversation, tho.

Interesting thread! Now we can get to see how many different languages people can speak! I find that very fascinating and interesting :)

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77, V3riity and Klobby like this.
  8. Hiya!

I speak quite a few languages of various origin because I’m really into learning them. For a job I want in the future (Hotel Entertainer at a European international holiday resort) I need to know a lot of different languages.

The languages I speak now are English, Swedish, Spanish and a bit of German. I’m currently learning the Nordic languages though because they’re the easiest to begin with (at least for me). So this includes Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Icelandic. I have 6 months off of school, so I’m going to be focusing primarily on them! Then after that I really want to teach myself how to speak Dutch and fluent German. When I’m older I think I want to go to university in one of the countries that speak those languages, either the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark or Sweden. So I want to know the languages just incase:)

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  9. I can speak France French and English both fluently! Canadian French still confuses me from time to time but that’s natural (even for native Canadian French speakers LOL)

Posted Mar 23, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 23, 2020
  10. Hi there!

I'm sad to say I only know one language fluently. What is that language? You guessed it! English. At one point I was really interested in learning languages so I tried my best to learn multiple languages: French, Spanish, Italian, German... but I never got to a conversational stage in any of them. I mean, I am learning French in school at the moment, but I'm really terrible at it. I hope that in the future I'll become fluent in another language, but that seems unlikely any time soon.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    xGetRektedx, Im_Ken and V3riity like this.
  11. I've never tried hard to learn any language but ended up speaking three of them, those being my native language Croatian, English and a bit of German, in which I hope to be somewhat more conversational by the end of high school. I want to learn Finnish, Russian and Japanese in the future as I'd love to one day visit or even live in one of these countries.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Im_Ken, V3riity and xGetRektedx like this.
  12. I am fluent in English, Urdu, and I can read Arabic, but can't speak it yet. My first language is actually Urdu, but I speak English more often, as I am from Pakistan!

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  13. And no, I don't have a funny accent, LOL

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    TxmmanL3qend and V3riity like this.
  14. Interesting thread here. I can speak fluent English, french, some Spanish, and Chinese from this program I got to learn on back in middle school. My parents are of English and french background, so I learned those languages pretty easily. Also, I picked up Chinese in middle school. I am currently taking Spanish courses in high school, and it isn't much different, in my opinion. I would like to learn Italian, since it is pretty close in comparison with french. I currently live in the U.S. Would love to visit other places around the globe and start a conversation in their languages :D

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    xGetRektedx, TxmmanL3qend and V3riity like this.
  15. I am bilingual, meaning I have two native languages — Ukrainian and Russian. I also speak English somewhat fluently, as I studied it for years. There were some German classes at my school for several years, so I guess that counts, though I would not consider communicating in it with native speaker an opportunity for myself.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  16. My main language, portuguese, a little bit of french, fluently in English and learning spanish

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    V3riity likes this.