• 3343 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11229 Players Online
  • 7886 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How likely are you to read replies on a thread and why/when would you read the replies?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Marzie, Dec 8, 2018.

?

On a scald of 1-5 how likely are you to read replies?

1. 1 - Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 - Not likely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 - Maybe, maybe not

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 4 - Likely

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. 5 - Very likely

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. I'm wondering how many people actually read the OPs post and then read through the replies on that post.

For me to read replies on a post besides the OPs, it really depends on what the thread is about/what the OP says. If I find I want to reply to it, I then read most/all the replies. Am I the only one or am I just really complicated?

So the questions are:
    1- How likely are you to read replies on a thread?
    2- Why/When would you read the replies (this means is there any specific reason(s) you would read the replies)?

Posted Dec 8, 2018
    Sophie_OGrady and Joiined like this.
  2. 1. Mine would be all dependant on the topic. If it's controversial i'm going to lean towards likely. If it's a topic where people have similar answers, I just read a few of them.

2. I read replies so that I can get an understanding of where the community stands. Especially with mixed-feelings topics.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  3. Hey i just read his ^ reply

1. depends on if i like the topic and if its a suggestion for mineplex or something to improve it. like a youtube video showcase i wouldnt read the replies but a "how to improve mineplex" thread i would probs read the replies.
    (unless it has like 50 pages or something)

2. so nobody goes like "WeLL if U acTUally reAd the REPLIES then u would KnOw the answEr to ThaT quesTion!" when i ask a question about that topic. but its also fun to read arguments as well to see what people think of the thread so yee

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  4. I generally try to read most if not all replies to a thread before replying.

Posted Dec 12, 2018
  5. Hey Marzie! I usually try to read all of the thread before posting. I want to gain an understanding about what exactly is happening and how the community feels about it before I contribute to the discussion. Sometimes, if there are similar answers, I try to skim through all of the repetitive stuff.

Posted Dec 12, 2018
  6. If I read the OPs post and have no interest in it, such as a forum game or a suggestion/discussion regarding a game or kit I'm not familiar with generally I won't read replies. In this case, I'd usually just move on as I know it wouldn't be worth taking the time going through each reply as I'm not knowledgeable or have anything to say on the topic anyway. If It's something I'm somewhat interested in and am considering replying to, I'll have a scroll through the replies and see what everyone is saying. The main reason I do this is that I never want to be repeating information as I feel it's a useless post then, and I'm very much so of the mindset to only post if you actually have something worthwhile to say. I also like to read through the replies as a lot of the time I find I'm responding to a reply on the thread rather than the OPs post as usually, that's where I can find things I have a lot to say on that isn't repetitive of previous posts. I find if you're only replying to the OP there's a lot of missed discussion going on and I'd rather be contributing something worthwhile then posting something that's already been said in multiple different ways previously.

Nice to see someone make a thread about this as I've been thinking about the same topic recently. Interested to see what others add. :)

Posted Dec 12, 2018
    Shaiymin/Shaiym likes this.