• 1290 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9728 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How is this allowed???

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by NothinButNetYT, Aug 22, 2019.

?

Is It Cheating to AFK Dragons to level up to level 100 within a month xD

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. Yes because I did this and Im level 100 so idc

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now I made a I guess you could say a controversial video talking about noob cheaters who decided to cheat there way to level 100 and did nothing to earn it here on bedrock and Im not gonna post it on forums but I reccomend you go check it out if you are confused by what I am talking about. Basically in the game called dragons or basically any game people can do this in but you always see people in dragons doing it because well it gives lots of xp and gems. Now I really don’t understand how this is not breaking the rules and your probably wondering well what the heck is it you are saying is bad about “playing” dragons. Well see there are these i guess you can call them cheaters that AFK the game where basically you your computer, phone, ipad, xbox ect. On the whole day but not even touching it and basically what you get is those players who are always either just “frozen jn the air” or just not even moving from the spawn point. Now if they get lucky they can get glitched into a floating animation and basically win Dragons every single time. If they are not as lucky they still get a lot of free gems and xp just not double the amount they would get if they won every time. Now if you are active on the supposive Mineplex Bedrock Discord you are probably wondering what the heck everyones been talking about well this is kind of what has caused people to well talk some stuff about me on this discord that supposedly is advertised by the server on there forum page xD. Even though if something like people saying bad stuff about other people happens then they say they don’t acfually have ownership of that discord but they still advertise is it but thats another story. Now I never would have thought that these people would admit to it and I am literally laughing my butt off on how funny this is.

[​IMG]
    NothinButNetYT

Today at 7:13 PM
    I also see you afk dragons a lot

Comment

[​IMG]
    FruitVegetables

40 minutes ago
    Of course....that’s every level 100 except for like 2
    Unlike
    [​IMG]
    penguiiiin

32 minutes ago
    he's not wrong

[​IMG]
    FruitVegetables

Today at 12:02 PM
    I see you afk in dragons a lot

Unlike

Comment

[​IMG]
    penguiiiin

Today at 8:34 PM
    yeah, just wanna get 100 so i can quit
    [​IMG]
    FruitVegetables

56 minutes ago
    That’s lame xd
    [​IMG]
    penguiiiin

46 minutes ago
    LMAO welcome to my life
    [​IMG]
    FruitVegetables

41 minutes ago
    It’s no fun to get to level 100 by doing nothing xd
    Unlike
    [​IMG]
    penguiiiin

36 minutes ago
    i've had my fair share of playing for a level, it's quite a journey and at this point i want a break

Like what???!!!!! He or She just admitted to doing it because. They just want to quit but in order to do it they need to look like they grinded for that second level 100 (bedrock) like boi what the heck how does that work???

Now there are lots of other videos out there with evidence of people doing this but I won’t go into too much detail but cmon how is this allowed mineplex?

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS, pzazz and Steven190 like this.
  2. Hey Net,

I'll just break this down sentence by sentence and respond with my own thoughts on this thread since there's a lot of points and doing that would make it look more organized.

If controversial is the word you'd like to use for a video that flamed a whole server and the community members that play it with false information then sure. I wouldn't use the word 'cheat' too much either as it makes the players in question look like they're using illegitimate methods to obtain a level, which isn't really the case when further inspected.

Dragons does give a lot of rewards usually if the game is amplified or a double experience event is going on. Otherwise, it doesn't really give very good rewards when you're afking most of the time and losing a majority of your games. Also, Dragons stopped getting amplified a lot since xGetHackedOnx kind of drifted away from Mineplex after getting level 100, making most Dragons games nowadays give the lowest rewards possible.

The rule you probably think is being broken when someone is afking in Dragons is stats boosting, but this is false. One example of stats boosting is playing on two of the same account while playing in different games to earn rewards twice as fast, which isn't allowed since you're essentially boosting your stats quicker than normal. A user afking in a game of Dragons on one account is fine and doesn't break any rules.

I don't see how a player not moving from their spawn point in a game of Dragons gives a disadvantage to other players who are moving and playing the game. Floating players are an issue, but there's no actual way to intentionally freeze your game like you can on the Java platform to win all of your Dragons games. It is a random occurrence that happens when a game is kept open for a while and has no real reproducible method at the moment.

There are still consequences that are being ignored for afking in a game. Someone who afks will get a lot of free rewards from being in thousands of games, but they'll be ruining their stats in the process with the thousands of losses and deaths adding up over the time the afking occurs.

Most of the members of the Bedrock discord have stopped talking about this topic as of recent and I don't believe it is being helped if a thread like this is being created to bring up the topic once again. Just because a discord server is advertised on a website doesn't mean it has to be affiliated with the network that said server is being advertised on.

The actual Mineplex network doesn't have any affiliation with the Bedrock discord in any way. Of course, the members of the Bedrock discord can still say bad things and gain a bad reputation, but the Mineplex network doesn't deal with these users unless it comes down to extreme circumstances.

Denying or admitting to afking a game, does it really matter if a person does either? You can easily stat check almost any player on the Bedrock server through player IDs of friends and check if they've afked through win/loss and death ratios. If players admitting to afking makes you happier then I'm glad you're in a positive mood and hope you continue to be.

Just a quick background check, penguiiiin is a level 100 Java player who is highly respected in the community for the passion she puts into playing Mineplex. She has earned 17 million experience legitimately and is in the top 10 leaderboard for Bomb Lobbers, being ranked #9 with 13,457 wins as of now. I think it's fine if she just wants to take it easy and slowly but surely get to level 100 on Bedrock by afking from the work she has already done to get to level 100 once. As penguiiiin said herself, "i've had my fair share of playing for a level, it's quite a journey and at this point i want a break".

These videos are most likely very outdated to be used as evidence for anything, and even if they weren't outdated by months then there's nothing really punishable about them.

This whole afk topic is one that shouldn't be brought up but will probably be brought up no matter what gets done with it. I've replied to another thread regarding the same issue which I will quote below,
    As I've said in that post, I'm not proud of afking to level 100, nor should anyone be, and I have never denied afking to level 100. It shouldn't mean that just because someone afked a game to get levels, they haven't done anything to deserve it and they should be treated differently. Looking into the statistics of any of the current level 100's on Bedrock, they will all have some sort of achievement on one platform which shows they've already dedicated a lot of time to Mineplex in some way.

Overall, players who have afked Dragons should not be harassed for their decisions and the Dragons game should either have an afk timer added or be moved to Mixed Arcade to prevent players from constantly afking games.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    avae, pzazz, ItzzFuRy1 and 7 others like this.
  3. I’m not going to make some long speech about this but I have a few things to say:
    Going AFK in dragons really unfair in my opinion. There are legitimate players who spend time working/grinding to level 100 and when there’s people who just say in a game for free rewards, it just takes away from the accomplishment others have earned who are legit level 100s (or any high level for that matter).
    With penguiiin’s situation, I still feel like just because she’s level 100 on java that she gets to sit in a game for months doing nothing. Looking past the penguiiin and other cross platform level 100s, every bedrock level 100 has majorly stat boosted. There are two level 99s that I know who have not stat boosted at all. A simple fix to this would be to remove dragons and subtract the amount of xp every player has earned (I’m not sure if this possible though). While it will be unfair to those who actually play, it would solve this problem. In all honesty though. People who have majorly afked dragons should just have their stats wiped. That’s what I have to say about this...maybe more

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  4. I think this is very unfair to just AFK in lobbies to earn XP, I'm surprised this is even allowed in the first place however
    I don't think the whole game should be removed, I myself am not a huge fan of it but when I end up in a lobby for it I don't mind. I'm sure there are players who do like actually playing the game and I think it's a bit much to take away a whole game because people are xp boosting from it, there needs to be an afk timeout or something.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.

5. Im not flaming on the server xD im just wondering why the heck this is allowed. Its such a cheap way to get to level 100 without doing any work. I mean if you consider leaving your computer, xbox, ipad ect. on and not doing any work legit than something is somewhat wrong with the “Level 100’s” of this community. I really could care less what they did on Java and reached level 100 but them and others like you who just came onto bedrock to get the quick level 100 and claim the respect of “earning/grinding” for both level 100s is really messed up. Even the fact that the only reason people supposedly did this is. Im at school rn so I will edit this later

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  6. If people want to afk to 100 that's fine. It doesn't give you anything. You just spend a really long time (many times longer than actually playing for it) and in the end, get a number by your name, just like everyone else who gets it by playing. If it gave you something valuable at the end, for instance something worth real money, then I'd say there would be an issue with achieving it through being afk. However, I'm pretty certain that goes against the Mojang EULA so that would never be an issue.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  7. I really dont care if u call me out. Its a number get over it. I have valid proof that not all of my stats are AFKing Dragons and keep in mind the leaderboard identified as "dragon_escape" is a combination of Dragons and Dragon Escape. Im unsure why but thats just how it works. Also i would like to point out a week or even a month is way off of how long it can take to go from 0-100 (this could be because GetHackedOn left or double xp hasnt been used lately). With no amps or anything an account at level 60 can just barely level up once a day (assuming you AFKed at least 8-10 hours. It varies because luck is an important factor in this game)

Back to my original point of having proof:
    #4 - https://www.mineplex.com/leaderboards/pe/microbattles/
    #90 - https://www.mineplex.com/leaderboards/pe/skywars/
    #25 - https://www.mineplex.com/leaderboards/pe/mobarena/
    I also have 9th on Dragons/DragonEscape but win count is apparently proof of going AFK (i still dont see why you didnt call out TwoCool or Gabe lol)

If you wanna call someone out then talk about Justin000 who got level 100 by glitching in 2017. Heres a link to his stats - https://www.mineplex.com/assets/www-mp/webtest/peplayer.php?id=23013&fullstats=true

Posted Aug 22, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 23, 2019
  8. Bedrock*
    Nobody has mentioned you here? Xd

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  9. Uh yes i was called out in his video

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  10. I meant here in the thread.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  11. But this isn’t his video xd

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  12. I said my opinion because i never got to say what i felt i needed to say and i never got to provide proof for myself or defend myself. Its fine if you disagree with my opinion because duh its an opinion and others have their own

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Floowsr and Xukuri like this.
  13. I don’t see it as much as an issue, some people might not even be doing it on purpose and even if they were, it’s their loss because even if they get to level 100 faster than I do, I have better stats from killing afk dudes in games such as cake wars or skywars. I think that having level 100 with good stats is better than having level 100 with bad stats

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  14. I agree people who abuse the float glitch should be punished even though it's hard to tell whether or not they're doing it intentionally or just have awful internet. However, if the person is simply just afking without glitching, there shouldn't be a problem. Mineplex has it so that Dragons and Mob Arena for whatever reason don't have AFK timers. So you're not doing anything against the rules by simply afking.

If you hold the view that people afking, if they use the float glitch or not, are "cheating" that's totally your opinion you can hold. However by this reasoning, people who share accounts and play broken XP games should be banned right? They aren't breaking the rules but they're getting "free xp and gems" yeah? to me they sound like the same thing, maybe you see it differently?

If you share accounts, someone is getting you xp and gems you wouldn't have normally gotten yourself. If you play broken XP/gem games like Skywars and Speed Builders (on java) you're getting more rewards than any other game. To me this sounds like what you're trying to argue but correct me if I'm wrong. I can only go off what you've said so far.

I understand you feel cheated and I'm not trying to spread hate, but when you come to my profile and start hating on me when you've never spoken to me before, it makes me mad. I'm sure you can understand that. If you have a problem with me my DMs are open, but don't go hating on my public profile and calling out my friends by name on the forums.

I agree the bedrock system isn't anyway near perfect and until they decide to do something about it, there's no sense spreading hate. I don't glitch, I don't hack, and I don't start beef on public forums. I stand still in a block game. If you don't like what I do block me. That kind of behavior is unacceptable by any means.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  15. if you're gonna diss me and my bad stats, at least do it well. it's your own choice to pick good stats over bad ones, that's not my fault. there's no reason to make this such a big deal when it's really nothing. if you've ever been in a game with me, you'd know that i don't use the glitch. i quite simply stand there and die over and over. if you have a problem with people standing still while you have the freedom to leap and save yourself from dying, then i can tell you dragons isn't the game for you.

people who glitch abuse are a whole other story. i personally think that they should be removed or stat reset, but i don't think the people who end up first dead should be punished. it's not really possible to fly glitch on purpose, so it's their choice if they choose to let it happen or relog to fix the issue. it's completely a choice to ruin your stats for a level or get levels with stats of your choice. i personally don't care what my stats are, hence why i chose to afk. what you should have done was addressed me privately about the situation, instead of coming to my profile and using my own words against me in a way that meant no harm. what you did was very very wrong, and i advise you to at least address the situation with the person you have a problem with privately.

if people choose to afk dragons, then let them do so. they aren't causing the community any problems. if anything, you doing what you did caused more of a problem than an innocent player standing still in a block game did. i don't need to get 100 to quit, as i already have gotten it the "non-cheating" way (aka actually playing games on java). if you have a problem with me or anyone of the level 100s from java coming over to bedrock to get another achievement, then you should keep it to yourself as they've done nothing to you.

if calling people out makes you feel better, then you should find a new hobby. i'm not trying to insult you or directly be rude, but when you attack me out of no where and decide to post about it publicly, i'm not going to take it kindly. have a nice day :-)

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  16. @avae @penguiiiin

Props to the both of you for getting level 100 on Java I am absolutely not questioning the grind for Java Edition that is a huge achievement. Now what is not a huge achievement is leaving (im assuming your both on windows) your PC on and not even playing the game which is the point of the earning gems, shards, xp. The point of leveling up is because you have earned the XP to get to the next level. Now honestly if you are doing this you are not going to care about your frickin stats because your going to be losing every game but you still earn the gems and shards from the game. How is this achieving anything by leaving your PC on during certain hours. Penguiiin I personally have seen him or her doing it many many times whenever I want to see if theres anyone afking dragons that day. I really can only think of a few amount of people who absolutely achieved the level 100 on bedrock. You can tell because they either have over 1000 wins in 3 or 4 different games maybe even on the super competive leaderboards. Like for example. Sheld0nMC is a god and is on tons of leaderboards and has a lot of wins on them. HE EARNED that by moving his mouse and clicking his mouse and pressing the different keys on his keyboard. Now can you see the different grind going on here. Level 100 like you said is something you achieve and this is what mineplex players in the community respect is people achieving level 100 now when people come and slide by doing this method I guess you could call it. I mean cut the cheese because we all know people look up or respect level 100s and Once again I respect your level 100 on Java Edition. Now most people would look at someones level and say wow they got level 100 on java and bedrock that must have taken a loongggg time. Nope on bedrock it can take people who do this less than a couple months. These people in the community were the reason I brought this up was to get there attention on the BEDROCK problem. This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with java edition. THIS IS A BEDROCK PROBLEM.

Now I need to clarify on both of your profiles and what I said. What I meant to say is that your Bedrock Level 100 account should be banned. Definitely not the Java once again Java is not the problem here.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS likes this.
  17. I just wanted to put this out there as well. No one has been denying AFKing except for Bluestorm. Don't act as if we have "denied it in the past" when we have literally never been asked the question in the first place. Don't try to make others look guilty of lying when they havent

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  18. Whenever people in the past would report these things they wouldn’t get accepted. For example the video of KilledByVoid, (Pre moderator) SoulHardy and I think landayy is the name I could be wrong or someones alt. It shows them obviously all in a party in dragons afking but guess guess guess guess guess guess who was FLOATING which the people above me all agree is cheating. You guessed it KilledByVoid. Also my other friend had a old video that was denied of SoulHardy floating hence the reason the majority of his gems and xp are from dragons. Now I am not saying yall should be level 0’s. Fury since you got over 7k wins that were legit like your microbattle wins for example. I would assume and I think I will need to check means you were probably a super high level that you earned. Im guessing level 75-80 before you afked a couple games to get to that final level 100. Honestly if you afked a couple games (NOT A LOT) or floated to get from say level 98-100 i can understand. SoulHardy based off of his stats and leaderboards might be legitimately a level 60-70 range. Once again this is for bedrock your java things have nothing to do with it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 23, 2019
  19. why are you still continuing to make this a big deal? it's literally a block game. get over it. if i actually had windows then i wouldn't be afking, but unfortunately i'm not that lucky. what i don't get is why you continue to bring this up and tell us how we should be banned and be considered cheaters. i'd say earning exp by afking on bedrock efficiently is pretty damn hard, as most of the time you're first dead and the cycle repeats and repeats. sure you'll make up for it in the future, but it's still a way much slower process than actually playing the games and i understand that. i chose to do it my way, and quite frankly i'd love to be left alone. if you have a problem with what me or avae or WHOEVER are doing, i'd advise you to keep it to yourself as you're not achieving anything.

it personally does not concern me who gets level 100 on bedrock legit or not simply because i don't care, and i don't see why you do either. i don't know if it's because we get levels faster than you do or we've leveled up more than you have in less time, but if that were to be the reason, then you shouldn't attack others just because you don't like the fact that they got to a higher level than you just because they afked and you didn't. i'm so glad you told me how Sheld0nMC plays bedrock, i really didn't know how he did it! yet again, that was his choice to move and click his mouse as well as pressing keys on a keyboard. in the end, sitting on your comp all day pressing keys and moving your mouse is pretty lazy and non rewardable in the long run. afking gives me a chance to actually live my life and go outside as i've already wasted too much inside. i'd appreciate it if you didn't diss me trying to see the sun while also trying to get another level- it's multi tasking at its finest.

i don't see why people look up to level 100s and respect them, as they're just ordinary people who spent more hours clicking buttons than you did. it's literally nothing special, and quite frankly they shouldn't be respected for that. you give them more credit than they deserve, and as a level 100 on one platform i know none of us deserve that much respect and credit from other players. there's no reason to ban level 100 accounts just because they got level 100 a way you don't like. you should just get over it and let people do things the way they want to. this is not a bedrock problem, it's simply a you problem.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  20. The best way to solve this would to just punish the people who afked Dragons to get high levels. I will admit that I have done this, but I was banned for 1 day and I learned my lesson for it. Breaking the rules is not okay, but should people's stats be wiped over this? I would hate to see my stats reset, and even though I am retired from this server, I would hate to see my Dragons games (I only floated after double xp ended) and my 10,000 legitimate wins in Cake Wars go to waste. If I was one of the only people who got banned/ punished for doing this, then why are others not?

Posted Aug 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.