• 804 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2912 Players Online
  • 2108 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How EU Mineplex could strive once more

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ToonBasic, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Let's keep the thread short and simple really as I think this may be a super simple solution that can help drastically in the end:

We all know Mineplex EU isn't working out anymore. Player counts are low, super long queues, you're lucky to basically get in a game in the first place really.

Here's an idea I wish to propose:
    Keep the US queue tagged along the EU queue. If after 2 minutes lets say of waiting you still can't find a game and the queue count is very low (Or whatever you believe would be right), automatically merge them into a US queue so the players can play their game.

Sure, in the long run they may end up lagging a bit due to bad ping, but I'd rather play a game on a server I enjoy with slightly worse ping (100-200ms) than no game at all.

Overtime, EU players may realize that EU Mineplex isn't entirely "Dead" and would hopefully return and as more and more players return, the queue starts progressively adding up more and more so EU players could once again start playing with each other instead of having to merge into US servers, thus possibly causing lag.

Posted Jun 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 11, 2019
    SlimXX likes this.
  2. Hello!

I've never even thought about that. My only concern is that because their ping is so low, it may cause lag problems when players are fighting, allowing them to get weird laggy hits. Now this may possibly be a solution but I'm not sure it's the best option.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  3. Bet option? Definitely not. One of the few options that doesn't revolve spending more money? For sure.

I honestly think you're trading off a bit of lag for possibly a higher player count in the end which can lead to more of a monetary and player count gain, though that's my opinion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2019
  4. That's true, I just don't think the EU players will be encouraged to play a server that makes them lag a whole lot, This could work I'm just not to sure that's all! I do appreciate that you're looking out for our EU players as well!

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  5. I like your idea, and how you are looking out for the EU players. The lag may be a bit of an issue, but with some work it may not be as bad.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  6. This is basically merging when there's long waiting. But I don't think this would work out. It may be a better way to merge though.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    SlimXX likes this.
  7. Yeah, that’s the suggestion. Also, why don’t you think it will work?

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  8. If it's merged, EU players will lag, and I don't even know if they have been in EU before. Imo, it should start any game that requires below 16 players in 2 minutes as long as theres at least 2 players. Plus EU people can try to join us anyways

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  9. I dont think thats even possible to develop, but i see where youre coming from. Tho i find EU more of a ‘server for testing’ rather than an actual server for playing. But like i already said, something like this would (probably) be impossible to develop because we are talking about hundreds of other Mineplex servers would have to be merged or something similar. Seems interesting to implement but rather *very* hard to make imo.

Posted Jun 12, 2019