• 1590 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8768 Players Online
  • 7178 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How does survival works?

Discussion in 'Help' started by HEY5ER, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:51 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a starter and I have a couple of questions.

How do I protect my area?
    Why I can't make boats?
    Why I can't pick up lava and make a portal?
    Why I can't make shields?
    How am I suppose to make a house where there's a lot of people? I'm trying to go far far far, but I can't make a boat and can build a fast portal to go far and then start my house

Plz help I'll appreciate

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:51 AM
  2. Command block to claim in the menu, which claims a chunk/16 by 16 area. Boats I don't know about. Nether is not a thing currently, planning to be added though, lava was kind of removed so although it's there you can't really use it to your advantage. Shields aren't in 1.8, which is Mineplex's version, also one of the reasons Mineplex is so laggy(being on such an old version unlike 1.16).

You mentioned wanting to make a house of people. If you claim your land they are like visitors and can't do much but walk around in it.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:55 AM
    Amg likes this.
  3. THANK U SM :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:56 AM
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. There was a purge for illegal items that aren't obtainable, if you see anything that normally drops but doesn't when you mine it it's illegal. Also Survival as a gamemode doesn't really embrace Survival, more about building.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:57 AM
  5. I see, and the nether is available?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:58 AM
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. I mean END

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 1:59 AM
    yvuggu likes this.
  7. nether nor end are available

or any villages and natural structures

for some reason higher-ups want a reset, but most players don't

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 2:01 AM
  8. Hey there @HEY5ER!

I feel that @yvuggu did a great job in answering your questions above! A really helpful guide that I suggest to you is the Mineplex Bedrock Survival FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). Some of your questions could possibly be answered within this guide, however if you have any additional questions that are not addressed within the guide, you're more than welcome to ask them in a reply to the thread. If you do choose to leave a question, it should be answered shortly by a Bedrock Staff Member or Dulciloquy! (The Original Poster) Asking questions could also potentially help answer others questions within the community, so feel free to ask some! -

To go back over the questions you had in regards to survival: (Some answers are directly quoted from the Bedrock Survival FAQ)

As answered previously by Yvuggu, to claim land, "open the command block in the last slot of your hotbar and click on 'view claims' then click on 'create claim' and it will claim the chunk you are standing on." - More information in regards to claiming land can be found in the Bedrock FAQ Thread.

I took my time in reaching out to one of our lovely Bedrock Staff Members for this question - Boats are currently bugged to their knowledge and aren't intentionally disabled. With that being said, hopefully they get fixed soon! I assume this is a known issue and it should be addressed as soon as possible.

As answered previously by Yvuggu, unfortunately the Nether/End dimensions are currently unavailable for Survival Players. The idea of adding these dimensions has been heavily discussed. In addition, it has also been confirmed that the Bedrock Developer, Gyroninja, is looking to possibly add these two dimensions in a future update. With that being said, hopefully we see those added in a future update for Survival players! Keep your eyes out!

To my knowledge, Shields have never been a feature for Bedrock PvP. While Mineplex supports higher versions of Minecraft, Mineplex primarily uses 1.8 features. (At least when it comes to PvP items.) This simply means that shields are unfortunately unavailable for crafting, as stated previously by Yvuggu.

Unfortunately, you will just have to run out as far as you can. As mentioned by Yvuggu, you can claim your land and it prevents others from doing too much on your land. They are like visitors and can't do much, as suggested by Yvuggu.

I hope that this has helped you, however if you have any further questions and/or concerns, feel free to reach out to me! I will be locking the thread, as I feel that the question and/or concern has been addressed.

Thread Locked | Question and/or Concern Addressed.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 2:54 AM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.