• 1407 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8393 Players Online
  • 6986 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do you guys think potions (speed invisibility and jump boost) would affect the game?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Spoopy07, Feb 4, 2021.

1. I'm curious to know! Leave your answers down below

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  2. Well of course they would affect the game, it would bring in a whole load of new strategies and gameplay mechanics. However whether it would be overpowered or not with current gameplay is a different question. Honestly, I wouldn't want either to be added. By doing that it would copy Hypixel and other servers that do so, and CW does fine without.

Some potions could be considered, however - maybe splash potions of weakness, that can affect the thrower but not the thrower's team. This is just a suggestion and it might not even be viable but I think it is interesting.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  3. They would make the game less simple. Seeing as how not expensive ender pearls are in Cake Wars(and no miner fatigue traps or stuff like that) it would be almost impossible to counter someone with an invis pot and a pearl from getting your cake. There will definitely be some people who think that someone is bhopping when they actually have speed and jump. Overall, it would be a negative effect towards the game being balanced(speed and jump would also be overpowered).

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  4. Invisibility would most likely 99% won't be added in because of how broken it is. I don't think jump boost would be very useful mainly because of the build height. Speed would probably be the one that does get added in, but i don't know if you would be able to purchase it in shop or find it on cake islands

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Amg and yvuggu like this.
  5. invisibility is OP and jump boost is useless, just speed

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  6. it'd make the game actually interesting and fun.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    chungalunga likes this.
  7. Except for the fact that Epearls on MP suck tho lol I think the price is good for what you get. If Epearls had good mechanics, then yea it shud cost more.

But I don’t think invisibility is a good idea, as there would be those players who only buy Invisibility potions the entire game making them impossible to find. I like the current strategies in CW, whereas invisibility potions would create a completely different game strategy which could possibly break the game. Anyone who can’t PvP would buy the invisibility potion and hide the whole game. Most games would end before a winner was announced. A Jump boost potion is debatable too, but it’s better then the other one. Personally I think CW is fine just the way it is, they should just keep adding maps and fix Ender pearls.

I think speed is a decent idea though, don’t know how it’ll impact the player base, especially most controller players, since they have the worst deal with aiming and hitting people. Speed would make the game unplayable for them (unless you’re Smokey)

Posted Feb 4, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 4, 2021
    Amg and yvuggu like this.
  8. I compeltle
    I completely forgot about the build height lmaooo

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2021
  9. Wouldn't you still be able to see their armor tho? I thought invisibility doesn't hide armor

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2021
  10. On a popular server that has invisiblity potions, they made it so that you are invisible(completely, including armor) until someone hits you and teammates can see that you're invisible. If invisibility allows armor to show on Mineplex, then they're completely useless because you can't take off your armor.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  11. if u could still see armor, then what's the point of invisibility?

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  12. So I’m kind of mixed on the idea here.
    It would definitely add more strategy to the game, but it would also cause problems.
    My main concern is that it may just clutter the game, and it might also lag the game a bit. Invisibility seems too overpowered, but this is just my opinion. For now, +0

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  13. no one has really mentioned the size of the maps. all the cakewars maps are so small and with potions i just don't see it working. it would be too over powered. potions shouldn't be a thing on small maps as the game can end very quickly. if they costed emeralds, then all you have to do is bridge to a generator which is close to the base and easily get potions no matter the cost of emeralds. the game would end very quickly. its just too op imo. if the cakewars maps were way bigger i would agree with the idea of potions like jump boost, invisibility, and speed.

Posted Feb 5, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  14. Like others who commented before me, I also think invis would be stupid overpowered, and i also believe that jump is not needed, because it would be useless with build height. I do however would enjoy there being speed pots in the item shops (maybe for about 8-10 emeralds) which would being a whole new perspective and meta to the game. (Speed pots are also already in islands, so its also less work for the devs to implement this as opposed to other potions.
    +1 -1 and -1 chief :)

Posted Feb 5, 2021
  15. Hey there!

I feel that everyone who has commented on this thread has shared some pretty notable feedback on the suggested topic. I appreciate you for taking the time to sit down and make this thread because I have definitely thought about what Cake Wars would be like with potions. After reading several different responses, I unfortunately am going to have to disagree with adding potions. While this would bring a new aspect to Cake Wars and expand the strategies being used by players, I would foresee this idea possibly being an issue in regards to gameplay. I have seen potions on several other servers, and I personally like how Mineplex doesn’t have potions available in their gameplay. It makes Mineplex’s Cake Wars unique and I think the gameplay differs from other servers. I personally like Cake Wars and how it is right now. However, if potions were implemented, I don’t think I would like to see them added to the shop. I think it would be best to keep them on the cake islands that spawn in. This would eliminate the issue with players just hoarding potions to win the game and it would create a variety in gameplay. One game you may have potions, and in the other you may not. I’m personally not a fan of the idea, but I also wouldn’t mind seeing it kept limited to just cake islands that spawn in.

As far as the kind of potions, I feel that the most viable one would be speed. Speed wouldn’t change too much of the gameplay, and it’s way less OP in comparison to invisibility/jump boost.

Posted Feb 6, 2021
    Mothy was here likes this.
  16. Hi!

In my opinion, it very seriously depends on how each potion is implemented.

Speed would actually be an interesting addition. Pop one before running away, use it to make jumps that might lure an enemy, the list goes on. It would actually be pretty useful.

Invisibility, as was said by several people, is entirely useless if it doesn't hide armor. If it DOES hide armor, it becomes overpowered. There's already a major issue with the small skins (Yoda, Ewok, etc.) being able to hide behind a single block. I think it would be a bad idea overall, but the thought is interesting.

Jump Boost would be somewhat useful, but I think in execution it's probably not going to be that helpful. That being said, it also depends on how much of a boost it is. With a small boost it won't be helpful at all (especially if it's based on a half-slab increment since there are basically no spots where that would help) but with a large boost you could theoretically jump to higher platforms, and you can use it to avoid hits in combat if you jump at right timings. That could also be overpowered, though.

I think it´s overall a decent idea, but I'm not sure how it would turn out.

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  17. I don't really know. It would help and hurt at the same time. An ewok can use a invis pot and hide and not be seen.
    I say no to the invis.

Speed: I don't honestly care about speed. I don't think it would be a problem other than being annoying.

Jump boost: I don't care about it and I don't see how it will help except jump kills.

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 11:09 AM
  18. Speed and jump would be useless because of the meta right now, and invis is alreeady in the game if you pay 5$ to mojang for the starwars pack

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM
    SmokeyCobYT and Hypickel like this.