• 863 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6953 Players Online
  • 6090 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do you guys defend your cakes?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by TenCashew804211, Apr 21, 2021.

1. I usually save up for 15 bricks and then buy Endstone and wool, then I go storm mid and stuff. What do you guys do, and I mean the entire game, like do you get obsidian at any point?

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  2. I dont cover at all, till ive prayed to RNjesus that my other teams are not hackers and ive killed them

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  3. Hey! This is definitely a good question. I've been using more of a rushing-style to play Cake Wars, which involves playing more offensively than defensively, and therefore, have less of a need to defend the cake. However, recently, I have been playing in parties more often, where the rest of my parties rush (I'm not too strong of a rusher to be honest), so I'm left with being used to defend the cake. I have found that using the terracotta given in the builder kit in the beginning to defend your cake with 2 layers of terracotta actually works quite well for me. After I defend, I usually go assist my party in rushing or stack up and take out all other teams. Great question!

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Diego0160 likes this.
  4. Hey!

If I'm not the players rushing, then I'll cover my cake with endstone straightaway and a layer of wool. After that, it's all about capturing the emerald and mid beacons, eating other teams' cakes where possible and continuing on with the game. Obsidian should be gotten throughout by whoever's at base covering protection. It's really important to communicate with your teammates (especially if you're not friends with them) to decide who's doing what, and when. Otherwise, no one will know who's on the defense and you can easily forget to set resources aside for obsidian. Remember to have your designated person.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  5. me and my squad usually plan first while we gather materials we have two rushers go get emerald points and fend off other teams. me and another guy are builders. i personally like to protect my cake with 2 or so layers of concrete then wool.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  6. i dont

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000 and DaPBillk like this.
  7. Same here

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  8. I usually cover it with wool and then get mad and stop playing when I lose immediately

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000 likes this.
  9. What I do is I hope that my team doesn't quit the game and leave me to die, and then cover the cake with wood, wool or endstone. I then buy a sword and wait until a cake island spawns, get the loot, have my cake get eaten, then die. Rinse and repeat until all of my missions are done, then I stop playing.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  10. Buy endstone ASAP, most teams don't have pickaxes yet. Get your teamate/s to bridge over to emerald points and then get full iron and diamond swords. Then rush centre and other teams.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  11. Typically I save for endstone right off the bat. If we’re being rushed by another team I will usually go for wood and use wool to cover that as best I can, other times I’ll get wood and use the extra to get an iron sword. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do though so.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  12. Hey

I usually just let @clipsmileyface deal with it to be honest. He usually buys endstone and we put one layer of that around, and then spam TNT traps hoping to blow unsuspecting cake-eaters off of the island to their death. I used to do it so there was one layer of wood topped by one layer of endstone but times have changed.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Exclipse likes this.
  13. Endstone first, then (if I am feeling up to it) wood, then wool.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  14. I get @siee to get endstone and I go get mid, then we lose.

I mean win! hahaha.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    PlebAU and siee like this.
  15. We win sometimes

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Eqsa and Coyly. like this.
  16. i don't defend it bc games are 3 mins long and super ez

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  17. 1) Endstone
    2) Control Mid
    3) Build Iron Armor
    4) Capture side beacons
    5) Build Partial Diamond Armor
    6) Rush Cakes

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  18. I dont do obey its too expencive

Posted Apr 26, 2021
  19. What I usually do is I get 14 bricks and purchase 48 wool and an iron sword and from there I rush other teams. I like using the archer kit because of it's capabilities on both the offense and defense. If players are using my team's bridge to get to our exposed cake, I can just shoot/hit them off with my bow at an angle. But otherwise, the only reasons I would defend my cake is if I know the other teams outnumber me or if they're better than me, if my teammates use platforms instead of wool to bridge to the middle while our cake is exposed, or if it's clear that the game cannot be won through rushing over and over.

Posted Apr 26, 2021
  20. WAIT! people defend their cakes?

Posted Apr 26, 2021
    TenCashew804211 likes this.