• 1273 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5755 Players Online
  • 4482 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey How Do You Guys Cope With Issues?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Not_Gamer, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Hey everyone,

This is my first survey/question/I need suggestions thing. My irl has been... a whole different world of pain and I've been trying to think of ways I can deal with it so now I've decided to ask you gamers how you handle it. I need some help fast because I've been catching myself being mildly toxic. So yeah... please help. Also, seeing Mineplex being hated on because of the lag doesn't help :P

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  2. Keep your head up, king. Don't let that crown fall off.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    B3N, Wiz2K and Not_Gamer like this.
  3. Dont let anyone get to you, you're amazing :)

Im here if you ever want to talk!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Not_Gamer likes this.
  4. I-
    Uh...

I don't.

Personally, I struggle with even the littlest things like leaving my bedrooom, and my real life too is one full of pain. I don't have a coping mechanism.

But, I'm much more experienced in dealing with people (who do things I can't mention in public without being permanently muted) than just about anyone else who will post on this thread. I can help others, and you, but not myself lmao.

So, if you wanna talk, DM me. Feel free to make a fake forum account and DM me there if you want to go anonymous.

I hope I haven't completely overestimated the situation xD

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  5. It's gonna take a while to escape this mindset you fall into after things first happen and honestly that's perfectly okay

I don't deal with real-life issues very well to be quite honest, but sometimes life throws a really huge curveball at you which you can't really avoid either. It's important to talk to your friends, family if you can, or even a complete stranger who is willing to talk and help you. I didn't do this when things got rough for me because the first person I told dismissed me so it made this process longer and harder for me, so make sure you can trust the person you're telling and don't let some doubts get in your mind about the person you're trusting- if they come to mind while reading, it is probably someone you can truly trust so don't try to second guess yourself!

Don't let a bad experience deter you either, it might take time to recover if something goes wrong but make sure you realize that this is for the better because you can see a persons true colours and you can move on from a bad relationship to a (hopefully) better one. You deserve good people in your lives who care for you and you care for in return. Talking is good as having all this build-up will make things worse and you can lash out unwillingly at other people. Things won't magically be solved but it starts a healing process and allows you to keep relatively sane during this time

While it's good to have an escape, like playing games, reading a book, sports (all of which I recommend you still engage with, establish a normality in your life), also try to stay grounded so you don't start using other things as a crutch that you rely on heavily otherwise you're creating a new problem that could potentially affect you in the future. I'm not going to tell you "just stay positive" because that is unrealistic and I know that things can be really rough sometimes and that comment doesn't always make people feel any better, but I promise this eventually does ease with time, sometimes the pain completely goes away

I can't give you things to do specifically, each person is different and different things sooth them. Some people like crying it out, others like long holidays and etc. The above is stuff I think is necessary and you asking for help here is a stepping stone to your own personal healing

If you ever want to talk with someone, I'm always open. If not I hope that you can find peace and someone that will listen and help you <3

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  6. I have nothing big IRL but when it comes to Minecraft ppl can sometimes be toxic but for about 3 months in survival mode which is my fav game I have literally had group of hackers and people who can literally breaking claims against me so I've had my last 4 bases which are somewhat big got entirely destroyed and there's this stuff called God items which u probably know about well that and every other item I ever owned GAONE, but I just kinda be depressed for a day or two then I just come back because I still have some stuff in my inventory so I bounce back up even higher than before.Also for anyone who says I have to report the hackers they don't leave evidence about their username and I don't remember exactly but one of them has kibbles in his name anyways sorry for this long analogy which probably didn't help.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Not_Gamer likes this.
  7. “Seek your revenge, oO oO “
    I remember one player that made me sad, his house was already claimed, but I found a way to burn it down(I know many minor facts and glitches that can bring victory)
    In the end we decided to give presents to each other to settle everything down.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  8. There are so many issues with the server so time after time I remind myself NOTHINBUTNET IT IS JUST A VIDEOGAME. I really hope others remind themselves that too

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  9. I sleep well knowing that my enemies have to answer to God on judgement day

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  10. I don't worry about anything, life is too short to hold grudges or worry about things. I'll share my life style with you.

Basically, be chill, don't get amped up over video games, make a lot of friends and talk to them on a daily basis. If you make friends you can talk to on a daily basis, you can go to them when you're in a rough time, or just need to take a break from something. Just look for positive and fun in everything you do. Go to sleep knowing you're safe and blessed. If minecraft is getting you amped up, take a break and come back in like 30 minutes.

Hope you have a good day!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Not_Gamer likes this.
  11. I cope with irl stuff by relaxing on MP. I cope with MP rage by switching mini-games- thought that's not to say I won't get toxic when people are trashtalking me.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    B3N and Not_Gamer like this.
  12. I just go to sleep when i rage. Lol

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Not_Gamer likes this.
  13. Everybody here has given wonderful points. But, I would like to add that staying very calm and having thought out responses to what angry people say is very key to keeping your mind at ease, and showing dominance in a situation without being aggressive. Also, staying calm will allow others to notice that you aren't attempting to keep the situation in a toxic state, and instead trying to defuse it. I've gone to therapist's for years, and have come to learn many physiological tricks, and this one is more than likely my favorite since it works almost every single time.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Not_Gamer likes this.
  14. The way to cope with things really depends on what it's for. In my opinion it really depends on a person's personality. If you're more of a hot-head I would say, take deep breaths, listen to music, go on a walk. For the people who are more sad in general, honestly I wouldn't recommend listening to music because there is so much negative songs, that get you more in the mood. Spend time with your pets, watch tv, or find something to get your mind off it. It's not good to bottle up your feelings however, and if you find it hard to talk about the problem, drawing is a good route to go. Doesn't matter how good you are at it, sometimes just using a combination of colors can let off so many feelings alone.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Not_Gamer likes this.
  15. Simplest way is to distract yourself with something that doesn't relate in any way to the current problem

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Thexs and Not_Gamer like this.
  16. Hey!

This will probably be seen as a generic answer so my apologies if I'm paraphrasing any advice you have already received, but talking to somebody helps a lot. The great thing about talking it over with someone else is their door is always open, for a minor issue that you thought about once or twice or for a major one that troubles you at night. Fortunately, I have a few go-to's when these matters arise although others may not. However, in most cases, you will be able to find someone who is more than willing to listen to you. I am even reassured when I read some of the posts on this thread, as these players are open to chat at any time, as am I.

If you are having a bad day at school and it seems like all the tides are against you, the healthy option is to return home and talk to your mam about it if she's the person who can handle these situations. If you're going through a breakup crisis, pick up your phone and rant to your friend about him or her. In the end, it doesn't matter what you say and it doesn't make you any less of a normal human being. Let it all out, no matter how the words take shape. It feels like a weight off your shoulders afterwards.

If you're worried about something more serious, it is understandable that the options suddenly look daunting and unappealing. Remember that you do not have to take the advice you hear everyday. People have different coping mechanisms, and overcome obstacles in many ways. Having a shoulder to cry on or a friend to text works just as well for larger issues as it does for smaller ones.

I admit that I can relate to this thread, and that's another tip I can give. Admitting that you are struggling with something brings it to light and this is where you realise that others care and will help you through it. We grow as individuals from our negative experiences, whether we like it or not. If you can learn not to be ashamed of them, you have fought half the battle already. Many issues are difficult to talk about, so this never goes unappreciated.

As of an hour and a half ago, our country has gone on lockdown. I will not be able to see my friends in person, or have a shoulder to cry on physically if needs be. For once, I'm relying on the support of those in the virtual world just as much as the real world. It is the next best thing to face-to-face communication, and if I'm having any problems, there will be people to help me through them. I will not let a virus separate me from my trusted ones. Even if it's through a screen, they are there. Talk to people during this time. My DMs are always open. <3

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  17. I personally don’t deal with problems very well...but I watched this TedEd about “what makes a hero” that really stuck to me, and I feel you should know the same along with others as well.
    The whole thing begins with the hero entering this new world...or challenge. He slays the new monsters and stuff but all of a sudden he meets this whole new thing that just destroys him.

This is the worst stage of the hero’s journey...But it has one of the best endings however. He rises back up again and slays the new monster with uhhh...what ever he has. He returns home with his new life. As a hero, your life is different and much better than it was with the past experience you have. With that being said, that ends the little fiction story.

Now that the story is over, it’s important for us to notice these points of the hero’s life in your own. There’s always the beginning, then the crisis, the most point of pain and the reward, what comes at the end of the whole journey. I know this sounds kinda weird but I feel by noticing these parts of these problems with your life along with knowing that one day you will succeed, that you can do it, should hopefully give you some hope when crossing this river. Weather if it’s confessing to someone important in your life...or getting over something...in the long run, by trying to cross that river, you’ve already done something extraordinary.

Keep your head up high and don’t let the rain stop you on the road. I’m always open for PMs if need anything
    (Apologies if this sounds weird, it was typed on my phone)

Posted Mar 27, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 27, 2020
  18. One thing I would like to say is, though a little late Evira_Sinister is technically God if she's or he is Saitama I mean look at that profile pic even my MADARA couldn't beat him/her.

Posted Mar 31, 2020