• 353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7430 Players Online
  • 7077 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do you cool your PC?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Kindnessaj, Oct 18, 2021.

?

How do you cool your PC?

1. Water cooling

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Fan

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  3. Mineral oil (madlad)

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. External fan

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Wha? The last topic was about phones? Well why not PCs this time? After all I'm sure not everyone uses a fan right..?
    Ha ha...
    Right..?

(Yeah everyone's probably gonna say they used a fan but that's fine.)

So, what do you guys use to cool your computers? Do you guys use a fan to cool down the overall computer? If so why? What about those which water cool? If that's also the case I'm curious. As for me, I just use a fan to cool my desktop and I haven't taken any risks like using mineral oil or distilled water because honestly I just don't trust a liquid inside of my computer. Though I have to say it does look pretty cool and is probably extremely effective but then again what if something gets into the liquid that does conduct electricity? Guess it's just me but that's just my opinion. Otherwise if you're a laptop user you can say whether you also get an external fan like the ones which you put under your laptop or not, or even if you do something even more nifty that I don't know about, it'd be quite interesting.

Posted Oct 18, 2021
    Arianna ♡ likes this.
  2. I dont...
    I dunno there's probably like an intangible fan

Posted Oct 18, 2021
    Awarepine76436 and Kindnessaj like this.
  3. Try putting your electric fan near the PC

Posted Oct 19, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  4. Just blow on it smh. Become the external fan : )

Jk I have several fans lol.

Posted Oct 19, 2021
  5. Hey!

I believe my computer is cooled via a built in fan. Usually when Im really busy on my computer I can hear it go into a higher speed, there is no external fan that cools it, and if you google the name of my computer I'm sure it'd tell you how it's cooled.

Posted Oct 19, 2021
    Kindnessaj and CatFan105 like this.
  6. My computer is automatically cool because I've been approved by Jacoby Brisket

Posted Oct 19, 2021
    LostShrimp13 and Kindnessaj like this.
  7. I always preferred the method of taking a big glass of ice water (with ice of course) and dumping over my keyboard. It also comes with fun sparks!

Posted Oct 19, 2021
  8. There is actually a Russian guy on youtube. His name is Boris & he has a video in which he shows how he built a working computer that uses vodka cooling system.

Posted Oct 20, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  9. Several fans, although water cooling looks sick. Definitely will invest in it at some point, but for now I'm chilling with my dusty fans!

Posted Oct 20, 2021
    N0TVexx and Kindnessaj like this.
  10. Yaay sparks
    Nothing more fun than both breaking your keyboard and potentially making a fire hazard!

Posted Oct 20, 2021
  11. I blow on mine to keep it cool

Posted Oct 20, 2021
    Emiliee, CatFan105 and Kindnessaj like this.
  12. Who needs to cool PCs when you can just use it to cook food?

Posted Oct 20, 2021
  13. I put it in the freezer

Posted Oct 20, 2021
  14. That's kinda funny cause I do the complete opposite, I wait until a nice hot day out during the summer then leave my PC outside to cool down from all the sweaty cake wars games I've played...

but in all seriousness I just dual fan cool it with liquid cooling

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  15. I get a bucket with ice and throw it in my pc then it cools down. Ice melts and I poor the water out, then I make it dry inside and clean it and stuff. After that it is good to go :)))

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  16. with fan

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    Arianna ♡ and Kindnessaj like this.
  17. Ending every single task praying that the computer knows to forget about them and wait for its fan to do the job

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  18. Pour water on it. Works very well!

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    xLqnax, Kindnessaj and SlashInvis like this.
  19. I turn my air conditioning on until it's -5 degrees in my room, and in my light hoodie, I game all day until I go to bed. I make sure to constantly pour water onto my pc case, fun part is it instantly freezes!! I really enjoy playing my minecraft like this, although it means I can never sweat at games, makes me pretty chill.

Also, freezing fingers are better for jitter clicking <o/

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    JuggleStruggle and Kindnessaj like this.
  20. One 5hing I used to do, is thwt I had a laptop like 3-5years ago (like a 2006 Sony viao) and I would put it on a raised cooling trivet so it didn't overheat while I was playing

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.