• 824 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3403 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do not suck at SSM

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by _Gorgonite, Dec 2, 2019.

1. hi i am new to the game and i tried to play SSM and i am garbage send help.

Jokes aside, what I said is more or less accurate. I used to play on Mineplex a ton and got at least mediocre at most games, but I just started playing again the other day and have found that I am an actual steaming heap of garbage at SSM.

I've been recommended to practice and try to get good with Skeleton, but at the same time I still doubt this is going to be helpful.

Are there any little tips or tricks for SSM that might actually help me not have a 10% win rate?

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  2. I to, am horrible at SSM, but that is mostly because I don't practice much. I would recommend starting with chicken, while it isn't a great kit and it can be really easily countered, it is really easy to get the hang off. From there you can get a better feel for counters for other kits, and see how you do. Really the only thing you can do is to practice, but you could also spend some time looking at each kits stats and abilities, looking for weaknesses. Hope this helped you some!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  3. Hey mate, so I'm assuming that you probably don't have the achievement kits which are quite helpful. Personally, In my opinion, you need to play a kit that best defines you. Let's say you're a tanky person, you could go with Magma Cube or Iron Golem. If your a quite slippery person who likes to escape easy go for Blaze kit or squid kit. Then for the person who likes hiding, I recommend that you play the Chicken kit. What I'm trying to say is that you need to play someone that you feel the most confident with It's hard to explain how you can become better when I don't know what type of kits you use. I recommend that you stay back and observe how the people who win the games you're in play and then you might get some ideas, there might be some tutorials on YouTube also so keep your eyes peeled! :)
    - TheProTroller

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  4. as TheProTroller said grind gems and try out new characters you think are fit for you! The characters people use vary and obviously everybody has their own play style. Whether you are a more defensive player or aggressive player is up to you and what you enjoy, so choose a character wisely to main!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  5. Okay here's some unique advice you probably won't get from anyone else

LEARN OTHER CLICKING METHODS
    In my opinion, normal clicking is obsolete in every other server besides mineplex. I don't know why but it's the only server I feel I don't need to ACTUALLY jitterclick on but like the tryhard i am, I still do it.

But in all seriousness It's literally the only reason I'm getting wins with chicken. Learn to jitterclick.

It's also useful when you eventually switch servers.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  6. Honestly the best way to get better at something is to just keep doing it and learn from people who are better than you. Skeleton was the first kit that I used and got good at. It also acts as a really good way to practice your archery skills as the barrage ability helps with accuracy. Slime and spider are also both really good but only when the user knows how to use them to their fullest extent

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  7. What's different between noobs and pros is that the pros sucked more than the noob

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Mitchy and Xukuri like this.
  8. I'm an active SSM player so here's my advice.

Try playing Enderman because it's kind of simple and has a lot of potential for improvement being an S tier kit.
    Block toss deals big DMG+KB and is easier to land a hit than an arrow.
    Blink is also a simple but great move for recovery and engagement.
    Couple that with great armour and melee DMG and you should go a long way with Endy.

When someone is clearly weak, use blink to secure the kill.
    When in a web or cub tackle, use blink to get out right away.
    If a high DMG projectile is coming, use Blink to dodge it.
    Against high damage or fast kits(like Spider and Wolf) I suggest trying to use BT to kite when they aren't low.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    _Gorgonite likes this.
  9. My advice if you want to develop a solid win rate is to use slime. It has high regen and a small hitbox, and is much stronger against top tiers than a kit like magma or chicken. In early 2015 I had over 7 times as many losses as wins on my main. I switched to maining slime and reduced that deficit significantly and have far more wins than losses on both my main and alt.

It gets boring after awhile so I changed my mains to snowman and spider but these two kits are not as easy to learn so I'd not recommend them right off the bat.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  10. Thanks everyone for all the tips!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  11. CPS is pretty worthless, in SSM especially

If you want to improve, really you should just pick a straight forward kit, something like Creeper, Enderman, Skeleton, etc. and focus on playing aggressively always looking to fight, and then just get better mechanically and improve on your mistakes

There are some kits you can pick to try and cheese wins with now (Chicken, Blaze, SHorse, etc.) but you won't improve nearly as much or as quickly if you just try and abuse these for wins

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    Eroil likes this.
  12. basically if you're not from north america it's pretty much impossible to be good at any game on mineplex simply because ping in other regions of the world is so trash, and using reach hacks to compensate for your bad ping doesn't work anymore because GWEN can now detect reach, but if you are from north america then just make sure you have a good pc with good fps and everything and you should get good in no time

Posted Dec 8, 2019 at 4:34 AM
  13. Definitely not impossible though it will be much harder- you need to learn to predict opponents' movements even when within unreactable range, and melee will be much harder as with all games, but potentially straight up (even more) impossible when using large hitbox kits so I'd advise against it. Honestly I think it might be easier to learn for new players since you don't get messed up by accidentally using the timing you're used to and not the US timings, but you might just quit out of frustration before you learn to love the game lol.

Posted Dec 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM
  14. I used to do that quite a bit on games where you respawn indefinitely, but on SSM I typically either am doing well enough for myself that I don't get pissed, or don't have enough time to ragequit because by that point I'm dead.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM
  15. How is magma tanky? It has weak armor. Chicken and magma are made purely to run and he annoying with.

Posted Dec 8, 2019 at 11:55 PM
    Mitchy likes this.
  16. IDK, Western Russia ping (~150 ms) suits me well. Yet melee is unreally hard, but that's why I play hit&run classes

Posted Dec 10, 2019 at 4:14 PM