• 3366 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11804 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do I get good at ranger? Any good starting builds or tips?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Enigmatic, Oct 5, 2018.

1. That's pretty ironic, considering you have a rank too.
    A rank which, just like the OP's, could very well have been acquired from a chest. I get that you're just trying to be edgy, but you're not really succeeding in it (unlike MP's filter, which IS succeeding for once).

Anyway, the best way to get better at any bow kit is to just practice shooting things with a bow. I'm one of the many people who'd prefer a shortcut to gitting gud, but there really isn't one.
    Just play alot of Champions or other games with a bow kit. One good place to practice aiming could be SSM, since everyone's flying all over the place.
    Granted, far more than they are in Champions.

Posted Nov 29, 2018
  2. use max barrage and basically u will hit everyone who comes near even if ur not good, so u will destroy ppl

Posted Dec 14, 2018
  3. Honestly playing a couple games of turf wars before you play a game of champs as ranger will improve your bow skills a lot :D

Posted Dec 16, 2018
  4. Hey
    You can either play a bunch of Turf Wars or go onto single player/ small servers to practice.
    That's my advice to get better, although there are probably better ways.
    Have a great day!

Posted Dec 16, 2018
  5. Definitely play Zombie in SSM. It’ll teach you how to predict movement and mostly, punishing landings. Though, probably not as needed in Champs.

Posted Dec 16, 2018
  6. I have been playing Domination for the longest time now and I think this is by far the best setup in my opinion.
    Kit:
    Sword: Disengage 3
    Axe: Agility 2
    Bow: Explosive Arrow (or roped arrow) 2
    Passive A: Overcharge 2
    Passive B: Sharpshooter 2
    Passive C: Break Fall 1
    Have Fun!! :D

Here is an explanation to most of the Ranger's perks that I grabbed from http://dropdownguides.weebly.com/domination.html This guide can be very useful when it comes to creating a class setup.

Barrage + Barbed Arrows Barrage increases your Area of Effect, and Barbed Arrows slows an opponent down. Keep using this combo, and you can destroy any kit easily.

Long shot + Overcharge If you are good at aiming, why not use this combo? Long shot adds damage for every 1-5 blocks an arrow has flew, and Overcharge adds damage the longer you charge your bow. It's almost a two-three hit KO.

Long shot + Barrage Long shot deals more damage for every 1-5 blocks that an arrow travels, and Barrage allows you to fire more arrows, thus expanding your Area of Effect, so if you miss your Long shot arrow, you have more Barrage ones to go.

Pin Down + Sharpshooter When using Pin Down, you can slow an opponent. After slowing them with Pin Down, you use Sharpshooter repeatedly on your opponent, and it should get you either a kill or a fairly decent advantage.

Heavy Arrows + Barrage + LOTS of Arrows This is more like a skill-combo-kit. I have an idea that most of you people out there know that Heavy Arrows gives you some knock back. If you try firing at the ground, though, it will boost you up. If you keep shooting arrows towards the ground, you will eventually start flying. You can use this to give inefficient "air support". Barrage is added into this to make it easier to hit someone when flying.
    As you can probably tell, you would need a lot of arrows for this, and it is also still pretty hard to hit someone even with Barrage, as you cannot charge long enough to fire a sufficient amount of arrows. You could also add Proximity Explosives, Proximity Zappers, or Webs to your hot bar to deal extra damage or get someone caught (very rare).
    --- Post updated ---
    So what Assassin kit is good? Do you mind typing one out for me?

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  7. All of the invis skills are really powerful, especially because it takes almost a second to become fully visible even after you cancel the skills. I haven't been active in the game for a long time, but I assume illusion 1, smoke bomb 3, combo attack 3, silence/blind arrow 1, and leap/blink/flash 5 is still very very strong. Even without illusion, you can drop the bow skill (keep the bow though just without a skill) and use evade.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  8. Yeah pretty much, although deblink got screwed over. And with the latest change to booster weapons you'd actually still have another skill token.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    Hida likes this.