• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion How about a mobile app?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by el4ctrified, Jan 28, 2019.

?

Should mineplex have their own mobile app?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  1. Callum5771

Callum5771

Hey There!

If Mineplex was going to have an app, it'd just likey be the website in the actual app itself, as I see absolutely no problem with the exising Xenforo website, it's fast, responsive and has more features than the previous Enjin site.

As I believe an app like this would be pointless developing and publishing on the respective markets (Google Play, Apple App Store) I believe a good solution for you would be to bookmark, or favourite the Mineplex page(s) you visit most often. That way, you won't have to keep typing in web addresses. You can even link bookmarks to your home screen on select Android devices running Android 5.0+

Let me know if this was helpful,
    and have an awesome day!

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  2. Chrris

Chrris

Ya know, there are apps where it can look like "Mineplex" app on your phone but it's really a mobile version. You just need to type the url once and add it as a shortcut on your phone. There's an app called "Website Shortcut" you can try out.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  3. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I do not think it is necessary to create a mobile app because you can still able to access the Mineplex page on your phone. Like I do get to the point that you want an app is more efficient than the website, but that will take the developers to create an app. I feel like having to create an app is kind of pointless, so I do not see any pros with it. I will have to disagree with this idea, so I will vote a -1. At least that is still a great idea that you have!

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  4. Sven

Sven

Im not going to rehash what was said by others because I agree with what they are saying in that it’s not worth it. From a business perspective, Mineplex would have to dedicate a lot of human capital and money to develop and test the app. So financially-speaking it does not make sense in a business model to have an app that requires wifi that would display the same information that is on the site. If we were still on Enjin, I’d be more open to the idea but this website’s mobile compality is pretty good to be honest so although I like mobile apps, I just don’t see it making financial sense for Mineplex to invest in

Posted Jan 30, 2019
    z609 likes this.
  5. _H2O

_H2O

While I understand the want for an app, I have to disagree because I think it would present too many issues.

As far as implementing a way to see this website, just as an app, I don't believe it is doable since we don't specifically run our website. It's run through Xenforo and I'm not sure we would be allowed to create an app using their services. If a brand new platform was created, we'd have issues with ideas, reports, etc. being split between the two. It's better to keep everything organized and in one location. It allows for maximum efficiency when handling each question, concern, report, and anything else. I'm afraid if things weren't organized that we would lose a lot of suggestions, reports, etc. If the two platforms could somehow be combined, I guess I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it, but it would need a lot of work to set it up for something that you really already have easy access to.

As far as stats go, the stat page on the website looks fine to me on mobile. An actual app might save you 30 seconds of typing in the URL, but it really doesn't make much of a difference from my perspective. If you need to crop your evidence for any reason, you can always use your phone to do that before you upload it to the site. However, you should also keep in mind that we don't usually accept cropped evidence in reports anyways. It needs to be your entire screen in order for the report to be accepted.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  6. z609

z609

Agreed. If you’re playing bedrock, I’d recommend do not disturb mode and only allowing calls from parents/loved ones/girlfriend/boyfriend. This will save you from losing a report because an alert/notification popped up while screen shorting.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
    _H2O likes this.
  7. wixco

wixco

Hi! While the idea of this does seem intriguing and definitely drew me in, after thinking about it and weighing out the pros and cons, I don't think it's necessary. Simply using a browser on mobile to access the website, while some parts may not work quite as well, still is functional. It's not necessarily that an app wouldn't do well, because I'm sure it would and some people would use it. However, it wouldn't have enough of an efficiency improvement relative to simply using an internet browser to make it worth the time it would take to develop it. Thus, also not worth the time it would be taking away from developing other more prevalent things. Overall, I truly see the want of this idea, I just don't think it's worth it at the moment, so -1 from me.

Have a lovely day!

~mary

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  8. Hypnotizings

Hypnotizings

i didn't understand i mean why don't the mobile users join the website through their browser lmao

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  9. it pretty laggy and takes long time to load

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  10. Hypnotizings

Hypnotizings

there are forum applications for mobile users everywhere, go and download any of them

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  11. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

Hey, I'm completely for an app! I mean it's not really a hassle to go on the website but I do agree that with your own app you can add unique features like picture cropping or even something like where it pings your phone with a notification that somebody replied on your post. Or accepted/denied your application or if you get a PM and you can respond to a PM directly from your home screen. I'd love something like that because when I applied I was CONSTANTLY checking the website for a response. With an app, I can just check my home screen. As a person who has dabbled in making apps in school, this shouldn't be super hard to create.

Posted Feb 8, 2019