• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion How about a mobile app?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by el4ctrified, Jan 28, 2019.

?

Should mineplex have their own mobile app?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  1. Don’t have much to say here but I feel that for mobile users, an app would be more effective than the website because It would be a much easier access than just typing the URL constantly. It also gives you easier access to view java and bedrock stats (if it will ever be implemented). And basicly all the amenities of the website. But my main reason as to why I think their should be an app is because I’m not very technical, when your making reports of players and bugs, you obviously need evidence to back you up, and for me it’s hard to crop pictures on the website, so I was thinking that an app would be more easier as their could be an option to just pick photos from your photo album.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  2. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hey!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to come up with a suggestion for the server! Personally, I don't see any issues with using a browser on a mobile device to go to the website, however, I can see the benefits of an app.
    I will be moving the thread to the general idea discussion section so that the great members of the ideas team can process your idea and contribute their opinions about it!

Thread Moved

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    el4ctrified likes this.
  3. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

As someone who constantly views the Mineplex website on a mobile device, I disagree. I think that an app would be nice to have, but it's not that necessary. I think the website is sufficient enough and an app would just be unnecessary. When i'm viewing the forums on my iPad, I have no problems, it's the same as viewing the forums on my pc. Overall, a mobile app would be good, but it's just not necessary since using a browser to go onto the website does the job.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  4. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

The only issue I have with the website on mobile is formatting issues and having to upload photos. But other than that, I don't see a huge need for an app.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.
  5. There was an app for mineplex, but was removed a year ago and was limited, showed leaderboards for all games, buy ranks, and something else, but no forum stuff

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  6. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Personally I don't feel a mobile app is necessary. I'm not sure how stable an app would be, and I just don't think it's worth it for an app to be developed. The mobile website for this site works just fine and is pretty stable, so there isn't a need for a mobile app.

Also, if you don't want to type the URL every time, you could always bookmark this page on whatever browser you use. I use Safari on my phone and I have this site bookmarked to avoid having to type it out every time. Also, for reports, from what I've witnessed most people use computers to upload evidence and submit reports. Of course, this isn't always the case, but I'm fairly sure that the majority of people use computers to do this. So again, an app wouldn't be necessary.

I do see the benefits of an app, however. I just don't think one is needed; the mobile version of the site works just fine in my opinion.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    Nightcat, ChrisPKStar and Evence like this.
  7. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

I think the opposite and a mobile device would fix all the photo and posting video problems. Because the only way I can access Mineplex.com is my phone and I struggle putting photos and videos from it so I can show “evidince someone is hacking”

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  8. z609

z609

Personally, while the website on mobile does have some (although very few) limitations, its not worthy of making an app and rather just feature packing the site. I’d recommend bookmarking or favoriting the Mineplex website for easy access.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
    Nightcat and Parodist like this.
  9. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

It’s impossible to report people on my phone and I can’t use my computer for that type of stuff.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  10. z609

z609

I personally don’t see what difference a mobile app would make for players, especially in your situation. If we were to have an app that allows reporting players it would be the exact same form as we have now at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. I might understand a mobile app for Bedrock, but definitely don’t see it as a solution for Java players.

By the way, I typed this on my phone

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  11. Parodist

Parodist

I think the mobile web version of the website is just fine. It would take some time to develop the app for phones and I, personally, don't think it would be worth the time.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
    z609 likes this.
  12. lol it did have a mobile app back then but only used as a rank purchaser 8)

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  13. ___TacoCat___

___TacoCat___

It would be cool. But I don't think it is necessary since they have a great forum.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.
  14. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

You can’t post pictures or videos on my phone on posts on the evidicince section and doesn’t allow me to paste pictures or videos. So it’s impossible to report people on my phone. And I’m not going on the family computer just to file a report. Also i cant record on my CPU or download videos from my phone onto it without my parents permission. I’m not going through all that to post a report that I should be able to do on my phone but can’t because of the bugs in posting evidince

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  15. Bunni

Bunni

I think the website now is a lot better for mobile users than Enjin was. For the most part, I use my phone to only reply to threads, not necessarily create them.

I remember this. I don't think there's a point in bringing it back since we have this new site now with stats and stuff.

Want to add to this ^ in that you can easily make a app bookmark thing that'll appear on your homescreen (at least for Apple users, I don't know about Android). I personally don't mind typing the URL, as it's easy to navigate to where I need to go.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.
  16. Tea

Tea

Heya!

I was honestly thinking about a similar idea, however, at the end, I found it really unnecessary and hard thing to do currently. Let's start with the fact that this website is still in beta, there are some very obvious bugs and things that have to be added or removed, but then focusing on an app for Android / iOS would be a huge mess. There wouldn't be a balance since there aren't many developers (I assume) for a making another large project such as an app.

I also agree with replies that were said above, wouldn't be much necessary. It would be way too similar to a website, wouldn't it? There isn't much to add other than maybe easier way to put pictures, but most people do it on PC anyways. If you'd like, you can see this thread https://www.mineplex.com/threads/guide-how-to-add-an-image-to-the-forums.13900/ to see how to add pictures. I cannot assure you if it will work on other devices than PC since my phone is not available at the moment, but you can always try.
    In conclusion, I will have to give -1 for this idea.

Teodora / Tea

Posted Jan 29, 2019
    Nightcat and z609 like this.
  17. RoeiHardCool

RoeiHardCool

bad idea wasting developer's time for an unimportant cause, just use google chrome on your phone

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  18. z609

z609

I am going to say that an app might prove to be useful, but only to some--not all. As such I agree with your post. At the end of the day, I have a strong feeling that the adoption rate of such an app would be so low that its development would be halted within a couple weeks to a couple months--therefore, being a waste of time (it's blunt but it's true).

Posted Jan 29, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.
  19. RoeiHardCool

RoeiHardCool

there is no need to develop an app that'll, in the end of the day, do the same thing as a browser.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  20. z609

z609

That’s what I was saying :p

Even if bedrock players got an app it’d probably just be directly hooked into the Minecraft game itself

Posted Jan 29, 2019