• 2047 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6431 Players Online
  • 4384 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

House

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Toksik, Nov 15, 2019.

1. I love this server, but which bully executed the order to have no middle for the house plots.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  2. What are you talking about?

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  3. The creative housing plots are 32x32, meaning they are even. To have a centre point they will have to be odd, either 31 or 33. I'm not a dev so i don't know how true this is but 32 was likely chosen because it is an even number big enough for players to build in and 32 is very common for build sizes.

You could give your plot a centre point by just ignoring one row of blocks vertically and horizontally, but to my knowledge you cannot change the dimensions of the housing plot.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    Toksik likes this.
  4. I see your issue, I used to hate having to use double doors for every middle entrance to make it look symmetrical either side of the building. Currently, there isn't a way to decrease the dimensions of your plot as no map has been released for it yet, but an idea such as surroundings or a prototype could come in handy if you wanted to advertise why an odd dimension plot would be a good idea to the Marketplace Team! There are a lot of people who will also go against you on this because some people want it even, and some people want it odd, it'd be difficult to make it so it satisfies everybody in one mode, but I guess maps could be created with 2 modes, 32x32 or 31x31 I guess?

I know it will look awful, but if you wanted a centre point, then you could do 2 things, you could build 2 walls 1 block thicker than their opponents and thus you'd have a centre point or you could just miss a row and a column and build on a 31x31 dimension anyway ignoring the unused space, it's up to you. Currently, because I know some people would like this, and some people will not, I'll leave it at a +0, it's a good idea!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  5. Hey!
    I see your issue. I agree that builds often look better and, for me at least, feel better to build when they can be build symmetrically. As @DeadOnMidnight mentioned, I'm sure that these plots were originally made to be 32x32 because that was large and easy, however I too feel that build plots should have a centre focus. A centre focus would help to draw peoples eye to a central focal point and allow builders to build centered symmetrical builds in their plots. Overall, I feel like this is a minor issue, but a change that I would like to see in the future; +1 from me.

Posted Nov 17, 2019