• 1808 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6881 Players Online
  • 5073 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Horseman Kit Alteration (SG)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Parrotlet, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Most people can agree that the horseman kit is extremely overpowered. The current cooldown for re-spawning another horse is 15 seconds in SG, but i'm proposing to increase the cooldown time from 15 seconds to a minute, as well as lowering the HP a little bit.

Heres my rationale:

Due to the horses being very quick in sg, it makes pursuing an opponent/getting away from an opponent quite literally impossible. Horses are very quick and already have very high HP, so it takes 8-9 arrows to kill a horse, and we cant melee any player because they just circle around you rendering it impossible to even land a hit on the player. Even after I use around 10 arrows to kill the horse the player is using, they simply run when I chase them for 15 seconds and get on a new horse and eventually kill me when I'm at my most vulnerable (i.e, after I just kill another player and I'm left with low HP).

I'm basically suggesting to nerf the horseman kit a little bit, by just lowering it's HP and increasing the re-spawn time because this gives players a chance to get away/pursue players who use the kit.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  2. I don't think horse is OP, or deserving of a nerf. It can run away and chase players easily which is helpful, but fighting horse back is much more difficult than melee on the ground. That said, while I don't think we should lower it's HP, I also don't see the harm in increasing the respawn time for the horse. It's not a kit-breaking nerf and it would make it possible to actually chase down a player if you've managed to kill their horse so I'm all for it.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    Kollu and Parrotlet like this.
  3. Heya!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion! Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree with any alterations and/or nerfs to the Surival Games achievement kit “Horseman”.

Having been able to play the Horseman kit and against it, I can safely say it has its advantages and disadvantages. First off, the Horseman kit is an achievement kit, and therefore is not available to all players. It makes sense of ethics kit to have its strengths, yet if used incorrectly, it can be quite easy to beat. While riding the horse, it can be very hard to control correctly, and hitting players while moving at those speeds can be fairly difficult. Moreover, due to the speed of the horse, the Horseman kit is very useful for traveling around the map efficiently.

In conclusion, although the Horseman kit is strong is certain aspects, it still has its own unique drawbacks.

Posted Mar 16, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  4. Hiya

I don’t think there needs to be any adjustments to the horseman Kit because it is an Achievement Kit and I think it is very balanced.

Pros- Quick
    Runaway Strategy
    Cleanup
    No way someone can run from you

Cons- You cannot PvP that well on horse
    No Special Ability
    (Hilt Smash, Ground Pound, Blade Vortext, etc.)
    Fishing Rods can pull your horse towards opponent.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  5. Horse is great for traveling quickly or getting out of a fight, but trying to melee while on a horse is pretty much impossible if your opponent is any good at the game. Also, you can use a fishing rod to pull on the horse and prevent the player from getting away. Idon’t think it needs a nerf.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  6. I think the horse kit is a tad bit op, but I also have not seen many players with it because it requires the achievements, and, as others say before, has its cons. If you have enough arrows after you shoot their horse, start shooting them too or just follow them quickly with a fishing rod and they will be forced to pvp you until they can respawn horse, which takes time to mount. I think this kit is fine the way it is.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  7. PVP is quite garbage on horse and nobody uses the kit cuz nobody has the effort to get the achievement kit.
    It also like the frosting kit debate for cake wars. Many claim that it needs to be nerfed but its totally fine. -1 for me

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  8. I don't think Horseman is that unbalanced compared to something like Axeman, but I agree that the respawn rate should be decreased. Beastmaster gets 1 dog every 30 seconds, and dogs take far fewer hits than horses, so I don't see why horses would respawn quicker than them. I think 45 seconds would be better than 1 minute as a lot of games can finish relatively quickly, but both options are better than the current 15 seconds.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  9. +1

I'll take anyhting that ruins horsemen. I hate them.

Posted Mar 18, 2019