• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11318 Players Online
  • 8428 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Horse Glitch, Yes I'm Still Arguing This

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by lohra, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Hi All!

So, as most of you know, the horse kit in SG is a disaster.

I was hoping with the update, I'd finally be able to play a game of SG without bowspammers, axe spammers and (definitely not accidental) horse glitchers.

Now, I've spoken to Toki in the Mineplex discord, and yeah I've come to terms with the fact that horse glitching is sometimes accidental. You can't get punished for an accident. Yet it still irks me that this kit is sitting there unable to be debuffed or fixed.

I was wondering if anyone STILL feels as strongly about this as I do, and if you do, please friend me on discord @ lohra#0069.

Yep, I'm persistent, and I want this kit removed. Does anyone have any ideas for replacement SG achievement kits? The only things I can think of are similar to CW achievement kit, like snowballs or eggs.

Thanks for reading!

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    pinfoil and Mr_Ant87 like this.
  2. Yeah I can't say I'm pleased that the horse glitch is still around. Admittedly from what I've heard it's apparently going to be a difficult bug to fix, but I think it would've been better to hold the update a bit and get that sorted before pushing it through. I'm hoping a solution is found for the follow-up update.

I also echo your statement for removing horseman, and in fact if we had been able find a suitable replacement there's a very real chance horseman would be gone. Unfortunately that didn't turn out to be the case. Can't say I like your suggestion though, as eggs/snowballs are already part of SG and I want to avoid any speed modifiers as they're nigh-on impossible to implement without balancing issues.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    lohra likes this.
  3. I agree with the speed thing, it would be a nightmare.
    I think the thing that annoys me the most is that this has been around for years now and no one has tried to get it fixed sooner, as far as I’m aware of.
    It’s so hard to think of kits though - I would suggest more ideas if only I could think of them :/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Mr_Ant87 likes this.
  4. lol who plays SG anymore

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    FluteVegetables and lohra like this.
  5. Yeah they definitely should've waited until they fixed the horse glitch before pushing this update. It was disappointing reading the SG bug fixes list to see this game-breaking bug still isn't fixed...

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    lohra likes this.
  6. I have recently noticed this glitch as well. I have the horseman kit myself, but when I am using it I see no glitches. However, when I see other people using it they simply get off the horse and are hitting me when I can't see them which I think is strange.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    lohra likes this.
  7. SG on top

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  8. I understand that it’s a complicated bug and they can’t find a suitable way to fix it, but why not think of replacements or ask the community what they think should happen - I’m sure if a suitable kit replacement is found then we will all be happier? :shrug:

OP OP
  9. Happened to me yesterday, was my last game before I got off, playing with my boy, we were stacked and ready to win, when Camull comes up with his horse, jumps off and lo and behold he’s invis.
    The thing is - even if you could still hit them when they were invis that would be the tiniest bit better. The fact that you can’t even guess where they are and hit them is extremely annoying and ruins the game for me.

OP OP
  10. They won't get rid of it lmao the glitch has been around for 2 years and they haven't done anything about it lowering the horse health will honestly just make it worse since when the horse dies you will go invis faster therefore, you have a lower chance of killing them. GOODLUCK !!!!

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    KingCalvin1 and lohra like this.
  11. Yeah I mostly agree with this. I'd personally like to see a kit with placeable cobwebs added to a pvp game on Mp so maybe that could be a potential replacement? I just don't see much merit in keeping horse as a kit; people hate to play against it (even when it's not glitching), and personally I think it's not very fun to play as either (maybe I'm just bad on horseback, but I feel like I always have to jump off the horse to get any kills). Would love to see it replaced.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    lohra likes this.
  12. Got told by rqil in discord earlier that they’re trying to fix it :shrug:

OP OP
  13. I have encountered this glitch several times and the counter I found was axe kit because the axes could hit them, its better if they have particles on or you are basically dead if they don't. That being said, they nerfed axe kit... But yeah, I lost around 3 games so far that I would have won if they didn't go invis. A replacement could be something taken out of CW to stop cleaning, warrior. Gain hp on kill.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    lohra likes this.
  14. I’ve lost a lot more than 3 games because of this lol.
    You could argue that would be OP as Barbarian’s regen effect was removed - it made it easier to go between people in mid and go on a killing spree.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2020