• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Horror minigames on Mineplex?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ChrisPKStar, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ChrisPKStar

ChrisPKStar

This is something that I have had in the back of my mind for quite a while now and I personally never seen anything like this in any server. What are the thoughts of Mineplex making a minigame based around the genre of horror? Mind you I'm not talking about kiddy horror like the Halloween holiday minigame (if you could even call that kiddy horror). I mean actual horror, like using resource packs, mods, and sound/music packs based around horror games to give a true, or at the very least a decent scary experience. I'm not going to dive into the specifics since there are many possibilities they can pull this off, but it would be really interesting if Mineplex would delve into something like this that seemingly no one else has done before, or at the most very little have. Granted this most likely won't ever happen considering Mineplex establishes itself has a family friendly server, but it would still be interesting regardless.

Posted Feb 7, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 7, 2019
  2. Idut

Idut

Haha that would be cool! I myself would probably be terrified if they had one of those scary texture packs. Something like a hotel or other abandoned area, like a murder hide and seek type game. That would be awesome! Maybe the game could have a little warning on it saying "Not for the faint hearted" Or something xD. This is a good idea, I love it myself!

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  3. Though, mostly kids play Mineplex. Would that really be appropriate for them? If we were to add horror games, how could we keep it away from kids? Or should we just give a bunch of warnings? Maybe add a childlock? Overall, I feel it would be too much work.

Now, I am thinking about a realistic haunted mansion or something. If you mean just jump scares all over the place that aren’t really scary once you get to see them, then that would be okay. Any way this goes, I like the idea. Support from me.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  4. Coyly.

Coyly.

I like this idea, I feel like this could spice mineplex up a bit. But maybe putting a warning sign before entering like 14+ of age or something like that. I think this is a good idea and I would be down if mineplex did this. Thanks for suggesting you're idea have a good day!

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  5. Idut

Idut

(I'm not thread owner just sharing my ideas) My thoughts would be something along the lines of murder hide and seek. Where there's murderers in armor (and the armor in the texture pack is designed as a horror themed thing) would try to kill hiders within a mansion, or inside a grave yard. You would have a texture pack to maybe have all blocks look scary/dark themed. I imagine a bunch of warnings would be on it, and if someone underage does play it, they have been warned. I imagine it wouldn't be THAT bad, but basically just like a murderer game with texture pack.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
    ireallylikerats likes this.
  6. Yeah, I do understand how you could categorize my post a bit exaggerated. What your idea shows is that it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but if there were a horror game, it wouldn’t be nothing too scary. I totally agree that warnings should be all over the place, though. Once people are warned, you can’t get in trouble if they get damaged by some of the things shown.

Thanks for the idea to think about later, I’m gonna see if I could come up with something viable to share.

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  7. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

I do agree that this idea is interesting. But horror and minecraft never really went together. Minecraft has always been sort of a kids game where everything is kept at a PG level and so making a horror game would be pretty difficult. Even if it was possible mineplex knows that it’s got a relatively young playerbase so I don’t tbink that the horror game will recive to much attention.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  8. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Personally I'd be pretty interested in an idea like this, however, Mineplex (and Minecraft in general) is a game that's geared towards a younger audience. Many kids tend to get scared easily and being scared as a child is no fun experience. If we were to add an actual horror game (not like Halloween Horror) then I feel like Mineplex would get a lot of complaints. I wouldn't mind a horror game on Mineplex; in fact, I might enjoy playing one. However, this is taken from an older person's perspective (me) so my view on horror is most likely much different from a child's.

We want to make Mineplex as much of a family-friendly server as possible, and I don't believe that horror fits into that category. I doubt that Mineplex would really go much farther than Halloween Horror, but I still like your idea nonetheless. I just don't think that it will happen due to the family-friendly environment that we want to upkeep.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  9. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

Taking what umbreon said, Mineplex would most likely receive a lot of backlash from the game. Unless, mineplex added a way to sort of verify your age. Like u gotta go to the website and answer a skill testing question to verify that your old enough to play games like this. This will help keep kids out of games with potential bad content and allow mineplex to add more games like this in the more PG-13 ish range

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  10. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Hello!

This seems like an interesting idea, as people have said that Mineplex is a family-friendly server, though I do know of older kids playing on Mineplex. Though as long as the minigame gives tons of warnings (flashing lights, loud noises, disturbing imagery, etc.) It would be alright because Mineplex can't be punished for it as it would clearly give those warnings. Though maybe it wouldn't be in the main lobby and instead by Morgan Freeman or it would only be available in MPS. That way kids would really have to go out of their way to find it, and perhaps they sign an in-game waiver.
    Yet there are tons of great horror maps?

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  11. Parrotlet

Parrotlet

I do feel like a game like this should be added to mineplex, mainly because there should be games for a wide range of age groups, that will ultimately attract more players. Players who are 14+ or even 18+ don't always enjoy lighthearted sweet and simple kiddy games. To solve the issue of the game not being suitable for young children, maybe before allowing a player to enter the game lobby they would have to verify their age and character on the mineplex website to gain access to them. That could be a solution cx

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  12. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

I never said that there can’t be like a scary theme implied. All “scary” maps in the server are still not scary or they aren’t meant to be. It’s like trying to compare one of the Insidious movies to Halloween. Insidious is created with the intent to scare the pants off people and Halloween is just there to sort of “act” scary without actually being scary. That’s what keeps the server family friendly.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  13. Jeapordizes

Jeapordizes

Hey, I personally think this might be a bad idea. This is supposed to be a family friendly server which means FAMILY friendly for younger ones. They could just accidently join the game then get terrified then have night mares for days and possibly weeks. Also there is adults that’s also scared of scary movies or games. I do not think this will be good enough to be in Mineplex. Sorry

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  14. ClassN

ClassN

As much as I'd want a true horror game on Mineplex, I have serious doubts that Mineplex- notorious for being kid-friendly in everything it does- would allow it. With that being said, there's still the possibility of "spooky" games that are still scarier than Halloween Horror. Think VampireZ on the other server: plenty of spooky elements, but still able to be played by younger kids.

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  15. _H2O

_H2O

Since the server is designed for people of all ages, I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. As much as I would love to see a horror game, it just wouldn't be appropriate for any younger players. I'm part of the older generation of Minecraft players, so I would love it. However, we have to keep in mind that there are still kids that play this game and on our server. I know the build team previously had to remove some aspects of their maps that were seen as inappropriate for younger players, such as redstone simulating blood. I don't think there is really a way to make a horror game that is appropriate for all ages of players unfortunately.

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 4:46 PM
  16. ARareBlackBear

ARareBlackBear

I like this idea, but I'm pretty sure that people came up with an idea like this where its an 18+ side of Mineplex where scary games and no chat filter. But I think the idea didn't work through the server.

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 4:51 PM
  17. TitchMeThroughThePhone

TitchMeThroughThePhone

Honestly I feel a somewhat scary game wouldn't be that scarring for kids. I mean mineplex is a pretty toxic place in general, with me first learning the F-word here. A slightly dark and creepy texture pack wouldn't be that bad, with no scary sounds or jump scares it wouldn't be that scary. A larger problem with this is the fact that it would seem (or be) like a rip off of another servers popular game Murder Mystery. I feel mineplex needs to create a new game idea not seen before on other servers, possibly utilizing new game mechanics in later versions. I loved skyfall before it was removed as it wasn't really on any other server (that I found) and was an interesting concept.

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 7:27 PM
  18. Overdog

Overdog

Hello!

I feel that Mineplex isn't the type of server for horror games to happen. It's a minigames server. It's partnered with Minecraft, which even though intended for all ages, the younger players wouldn't enjoy this. I would enjoy it, but a family friendly network would not be suitable for horror games. I like the concept and idea, but I don't think it's fit for Mineplex.

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 10:56 PM
  19. Greetings!

With Minecraft being intended for younger ages, and Mineplex being some what the same, I don’t see this being a good idea at all. -1 from me

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 11:19 PM
  20. ppancake

ppancake

Furthering what has been said above, Mineplex is notorious for being child friendly, no matter the audience. At this point in time, I do think the majority of our community is considered on the older side of childhood. However, Mineplex still acts as if it is otherwise (could be, idk bro), in order to maintain happy younger children. No matter the sum of the old children out there, plenty of young people still play the server as dedicated and respected players. Some make it clear of their age, while others tend to keep it to themselves and perhaps close friends. Mineplex cannot be sure who is younger and who is older, but it is recognized many of our users are younger, and should be considered when we implement new content. You might argue that MP collects data when a player purchases items from the shop, but not all do so and that information is not used for any other reason other than to complete the process of buying the product, nor is it viewed by Mineplex. So, wrapping things up on this particular point, if we were to implement this, it is necessary to maintain a generally comfortable environment which is not extremely frightening to a younger child.

Secondly, these mini games can’t intefere with the hype of Halloween. Every year, mineplex adds new content for Halloween which greatly excites our community and brings new players on to test the update. If we were to have scarier games than the seasonal ones, Halloween spirit would be slightly dampened.

So, the points I brought up above must be taken into consideration. I do like this idea, but I worry what I wrote above will kill off some of the potential for this. If you have any suggestions for these horror games, please include them in the thread!

Posted Feb 18, 2019 at 11:33 PM