• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Holiday bonuses for ranked players

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Blaze The Cat, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Blaze The Cat

Blaze The Cat

Heya! I have came up with an idea for ranked users to have holiday bonuses (very similar to monthly bonuses)

When a holiday event opens, You will have holiday bonuses for your rank and they are below. Once you have claimed your rewards, you can't get the next bonus until the next holiday even.

Ultra - 1 holiday treasure chest
    Hero - 2 holiday treasure chests
    Legend - 3 holiday treausre chests
    Titan - 4 holiday treasure chests
    Eternal - 5 Holiday treasure chests
    Every other rank - 5 holiday treasure chests

Also the treasure chests you will vary depending on what the holiday event is.

anyways thats it!
    ~Rouge The Bat

Posted Feb 10, 2019
    Shaxd and Mitchy like this.
  2. Litebans

Litebans

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  3. Jaekub

Jaekub

I think this would be a nice addition, but maybe only for Legend+?

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  4. AGLThree

AGLThree

I think it'd be a nice way to reward users with ranks and add extra perks, but I also think that it kind of destroys the nature of the chests. The cosmetics are intended to be more special and difficult to attain; it at least to me destroys the excitement of saving up to get cosmetics and being happy to finally receive a full set. I'd personally rather see the unique nature of these holiday cosmetics stick around, but I also definitely understand the appeal of special perks for ranks.

I also think that 5 holiday treasures, even for Eternals, is a pretty substantial amount, and if this were to be implemented, should probably be lowered to something more reasonable like 3?

I get why people would see the appeal of this, but I personally disagree as I'd love to keep holiday cosmetics as valuable and exclusive as they currently are.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  5. _H2O

_H2O

I'm kind of on the same page as AGL. Generally, holidays chests are used to encourage players to play a specific holiday game that has been temporarily released or they are placed in Mineplex's online shop for players to purchase to help Mineplex's revenue. By giving ranked players holiday chests, they will be less likely to play holiday games, which the development team has worked hard to create, because they already have the rewards. We want to encourage players to play games, especially those that are new and are only temporarily on the server. In the second case, Mineplex is a business and needs money to continue operating. Just giving players that have bought ranks holiday chests could hurt the server financially. I'd say that the players that already have ranks are more likely to buy the holiday chests over players that don't have ranks already.

I also agree with AGL that 5 holiday chests seems like quite a bit, but any other distribution doesn't seem fair to ranked players. If we gave lower ranks the same amount of chests as higher ranks, then people would be upset because it's basically like having a lower rank even though they paid more for it. Personally, I like the chest system now where you either work hard to get rewards from specific games or you can purchase them in the online shop. It avoids a lot of issues that I can see coming with a system like you suggested.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  6. MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

As a ranked legend player enjoying his perks, I'd have to agree. Mineplex makes quite a bit of their money off of ranks and the better bonuses you give ranked players, the more it will persuade them to buy one. Can you also be more clear about what they equate to in comparison to regular chests (those you can buy with treasure shards)? I feel like they shouldn't be any better than mythical chests as yeah, it ruins the value of cosmetics like a few others have said above.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  7. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

I like this idea. From a ranked players perspective, it is great to be rewarded even more than you are with Monthly bonuses and the perks and cosmetics you gain with your rank. However, I think the reward bonus is too much for each rank. I would make it so Ultra and Hero get 1 Holiday chest, Legend and Titan get 2 holiday chests and Eternal gets 3 holiday chests. I personally don't think giving away 3 holiday chests (max) for free is too much or will ruin the exclusivity of the chest itself. However, I do think giving away more than 3 is way too many chests to give away even to Eternal's. Overall, I think this is a cool idea and if there were some changes made to the distribution of how many chests are given to certain ranks, that this idea would work in game. Great work!

Posted Feb 11, 2019
    MrDrProfessor//_Prof_ likes this.
  8. Ender Rivka

Ender Rivka

I think 5 might be a bit much for Eternals, maybe this would be better?
    Ultra: 1
    Hero: 2 (just wanted to add some incentive for Hero)
    Legend: 2
    Titan: 3
    Eternal: 3
    Otherwise good idea, rewards ranked players without being against the EULA.

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  9. Abood

Abood

I just wanna change this up a bit, instead of just ranked players it should be:

No Rank - 1 Mythical Chest
    Ultra - 2 Mythical Chests
    Hero - 2 Mythical Chests
    Legend - 1 Holiday Treasure Chest
    Titan - 1 Holiday Treasure Chest + 1 Mythical Chest
    Eternal - 1 Holiday Treasure Chest + 2 Mythical Chests

Do note that staff members automatically receive eternal rank perks regardless of previous rank therefore these are the only ones needing to be listed. I think that this should be a one-time thing, maybe for christmas or eid (only holidays that occur once a year or something special)?
    I don't see it right to exclude non-ranked players but it's alright to have the reward be higher for higher tier ranks.
    As I have already stated, this should be reserved for special occasions, I mentioned holidays to tie into the OP's suggestion however things such as hitting a Mineplex goal of let's say 10K players on java (when Mineplex starts to re-build the playerbase). It should be called something like a treasure invasion, I don't know! But I'm just stirring up random ideas that are coming into my head to spice this up a bit. ;3

Posted Feb 12, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 12, 2019
    Blaze The Cat likes this.
  10. Blaze The Cat

Blaze The Cat

Bump Bump Bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 16, 2019 at 2:22 PM
  11. Overdog

Overdog

Honestly, like stated above, I'm half and half on the idea. It's a great perk and makes a good reason to purchase a rank, however, it ruins the purpose to even try and earn the chests manually. Since the chests are earned from the event games and such, it gets rid of the purpose to even play it. Also, those quantities are quite high considering it's pretty cheap. It may even be cheaper to purchase the rank rather than the full chest package, and get more than half of what the full chest package gives. 0.5

Posted Feb 16, 2019 at 2:45 PM