• 1562 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8018 Players Online
  • 6456 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hitreg and bullet bullcrap in Mine-Strike

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by Frosstt, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Aight, Mineplex, lets talk about HITREG. One of the most frustrating parts of the server that you've been ignoring and refusing to fix since Mine-Strike came out.

But first, for those of you who don't understand what HITREG is, it's when a bullet visibly hits the player, but it doesn't register that the bullet did damage. So, you may be asking, "How do you tell when a bullet hitregs in Mine-Strike?" It's quite simple, there are two types of "bullets" in Mine-Strike; Snowballs, which are shot from SMGs, Rifles, Pistols, and Shotguns, and then there is the arrow, which is shot from both of the SSG08 and the AWP. For the snowballs, hitreg is simple to spot, if you see the shot go into the player and you don't see particles of the snowball hitting a block behind them, or if you don't see the bullet go completely through them, if it just completely disappears, then CONGRATS! You hitregged a snowball. As for arrows though, it's a bit more difficult at first to spot it, but it's when you shoot at a player with perfect aim and the particles of the sniper don't show and you know for a fact you were aiming correctly. Granted, This "not seeing sniper particles" happens when aiming into the sky, so when aiming at a player high up on the map, it will be harder to tell reg from a missed shot.

Now, I feel like I need to add this because this shouldn't be a thing and it would be relatively easy to fix; bullet drop and where the bullets actually shoot from. Bullet drop is only for snowball shooting guns and it can get really annoying when dealing with headglitching players and players at long range, so if you guys could remove bullet drop that would be great. Now, when you fire a shot in Mine-Strike the bullet actually comes out of the top right of your head, not in the center. The only reason I think this could be a thing is it makes it look like the bullets are actually getting shot from the gun in first person mode. I think the bullets shot origin should start in the center of the head, so that it's more lined up with the crosshair. When the bullet comes out of the side of the head it allows people to shoot around walls without even seeing the player, which it's an abused feature and I've actually gotten a ton of kills and deaths from it. While we are on the topic of bullets acting weird outside of hitreg, why do the automatic guns shoot 2 or more shots in 1 click of the mouse? It causes so much unnecessary inaccuracy. I think it should be changed to 1 bullet if you are tap shooting with a rifle/SMG.
    This playlist is full of reg and bullet bullcrap compilations, so please Mineplex developers watch them if you need a visual of what hitreg is.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyexcoiISBNfYMgQJJ2loTkhawLS10dMr

I'm hoping if any Mineplex developers are reading this, that you can at least fix these minor problems in Mine-Strike. Hopefully there is a way for you guys to somehow reduce or completely eliminate hitreg, because that's the biggest problem in Mine-Strike currently. Anyways, thanks for reading this rant post. Cya...

~Frosstt

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  2. Little bit late response for Frost

Few words about hitreg.
    As you may know cs:go has 64 tickrate(64ticks/second) when Minecraft's tick is nearly 1/20 of second(20ticks/second). Rip.

What about bullets coming out of your shoulder this is how bukkit method launchProjectile() works, you can't really do much with that without creating even more problems.

What about bullet speed, this is all about editing one line of code making speed vector longer. Now it is part of a game and I don't think they are going to change it even though it is that easy.

Why few bullets come out on a single press? As far as I know every time you shoot depending on fire rate server schedules from 2 to 4 shots with delay between them. I think this made to make shooting more stable and less depending on ping. I think anyways they had good reason for it.

Still not sure if there is a way to fix hitreg but from what I know Mineplex did great job on registering everything going on in game.

We all should remember this game is all about punching trees and not shooting with guns. It is playable right now but could be improved of course.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.