• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11440 Players Online
  • 8550 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hit Detection in SG Teams

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by mDiscount, Jun 24, 2020.

?

Has this happened in your games?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. There's been a recurring problem I've encountered in SG Teams with single players hitting 2 people at the same time during fights.
    For example, if 2 players are close to or next to each other in a tight space/small room, or if one is 1-2 blocks behind the other, the opponent comboing the player at the front will also do damage and knockback to the player in the back/side. I've even done it myself by the simple fact that it's seemingly baked into the system and can happen to literally anyone.
    I have no idea why this happens, but it makes zero sense and constantly ruins fights and my fun in the gamemode. Is there any way this is fixable?

Posted Jun 24, 2020
    Orilly likes this.
  2. That's not a bug, it's part of Barbarian's passive ability Cleave. That said the amount of damage it does in teams (75% of normal damage) does appear to be a bit over the top, so we'll definitely look into lowering that percentage at least.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  3. Yeah that's cleave from Barbarian kit, pretty busted dealing knock-back and still 75% dmg. Idk if they are going to update sg any time soon though as it just got an update but that dmg really should be reduced to like 10%-20% max. And if any of the sg GI look at this, please buff warlock it has a single ability that has a 35 second cool-down and that in and of itself warrants a buff to lower its cool-down or at least add a passive.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
    Orilly and Mr_Ant87 like this.
  4. Damn, I had ZERO clue! I hadn't connected the dots to my using the kit at all. Regardless, that's seriously busted. I can't wait for that to get a substantial nerf. Thanks for the clarification.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2020
    Orilly likes this.
  5. Agreed with Warlock needing a buff, the whole process of testing the kit was rather rushed, so it meant it was unbalanced as a result. Could argue that it's better than it being overpowered but it is still not ideal.

Posted Jun 24, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 24, 2020
    Orilly likes this.
  6. Cool, hope to see it get buffed in the future alongside a barbarian nerf, at least glad to have seen horse gone :)

Posted Jun 25, 2020
    Mr_Ant87 and Orilly like this.
  7. Hello!

Yes, what you are experiencing is probably the most popular kit that is used in Survival Games Teams, Barbarian. When a player uses this kit they are able to essentially hit two players at once, one player taking 100% of damage dealt and the second player takin 75% of overall damage dealt.

Thanks for creating this post!

Posted Jun 25, 2020
    Orilly likes this.
  8. Yeah it is definitely the barbarian kit. There is a low chance that the player is using a cheat known as hitbox but that is very unlikely. Prob just the barb kit i suggest you give it a try ;)

Posted Jun 27, 2020