• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10399 Players Online
  • 7509 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hint Placement

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by HeyItsTay_ [MaybeTay], Apr 13, 2020.

?

Do you have this issue?

1. yes

87.5%
  2. no

12.5%
  1. Hey Everyone!
    I have been playing draw my thing recently and when you play there is a hint at the bottom of your screen.
    For example, the word is sunshine, the hint would be
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. and letters would be placed throughout the guessing period.
    For me it is extremely difficult to see when playing because the chat is constantly going with guesses and points. I asked some of my friends who play and they also struggle with the same problem. The hint column is huge in the game if you're confused and is very helpful, being apart of the game itself. Would it be possible if the hint column could be moved to the middle of the top of the screen so everyone can see even when people are guessing?
    Thank you for taking your time to read my threat! Feedback is always appreciated! (:

Posted Apr 13, 2020
    graeme_6, Jxliee and Wiz2K like this.
  2. Hey,

I don't really play a lot of DMT, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if they changed the location for the text of hints at the top of the screen. I personally wouldn't care where the text would at, as long as I could read the word and know how many letters there are clearly.

While I say this, I personally don't think this change is necessary even if chat could be spammy sometimes. If chat is spamming all the time, I like to change the chat size through my Minecraft chat settings, which can actually benefit a lot. A lot of people play games with small chat sizes, especially small Widths and small scales. It would still be readable, and a majority of your screen isn't blocked by chat. I could understand why it would be annoying to look at hints below what a person is drawing, and it could be annoying. That is why I am saying I would be fine with this change, but I don't think it is completely necessary.

That is just my opinion though, and I think text can be anywhere, just don't think it's a good reason to change the location because of chat, but maybe because it's difficult to look on the drawing and text at the same time. Hope I gave good feedback for this idea.

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ [MaybeTay] likes this.
  3. Hey there! I personally struggle with this when I play DMT, too. I would love for the hint to be moved to the middle-top part of the screen. There isn't much else for me to say, other than the fact that I understand the struggle and I would love for this alteration to be made.

+1 from me! Keep up the good work!

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ [MaybeTay] and Wiz2K like this.
  4. This does become an issue for me! What I do is every time there is a new round, I do F3+D which clears all chat. Then you will see the guesses made by players but you should still see the action bar which shows the hint

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  5. I remember when the hint bar was on the top part of the screen and that was very helpful since you could see the drawing and the hint bar at the same time. I play DMT a lot and this isn't as big of a problem for me. I changed my chat settings so that the chat is very small which would help you all if the chat is getting in the way.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
  6. I would really like to see this implemented into DMT as a nice little visual update. I used to struggle with this problem, but the way I got around it was just to make my chat size smaller. Anyway, I would like to see it because I would be able to look at the drawing and the hints at the same time, which would be most beneficial. +1 from me

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  7. Thanks for all the feedback! I took your suggestions of changing my chat scale when I play and it has helped a lot. I just personally would like it to be implemented in a future update because every time I play DMT, I don't wanna have to redo my chat scale (:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2020
  8. I have the same issue when players are guessing and I cant see the hints. I know you can do a "fix around" but I personally like to have my chat the normal size so I can still read what other people are saying in the community chats. I feel like it would be a very simple fix to implement and it shouldn't take that much time away from other things of more priority.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  9. I definitely would like to see this be moved as there have been times I've actually had no idea what it says and the hints can be vital depending on the drawing. It's difficult to see when the chat is going crazy. I have actually changed chat settings to condense my chat but it looks ugly and too blocky so I usually change it back or don't do it all. It's a small enough change so I think it's worth doing.

Like I mentioned you can condense chat, so technically, you can fix this with your own settings but it's ugly and blocky. But because this is such a simple change, I think it'd be a good idea as I know a lot of people with this issue. It's not a priority at all, and it doesn't have to be. I don't completely understand the logic of "but devs time could be spent doing something more efficient" because that's not what the purposes of these suggestions are. They're things people want to see in the future whenever possible. There's a difference between wasting devs time with something that nobody wants and is completely useless then giving them something simple that can be done whenever viable and saves peoples time and looks more appealing. Not everything needs to be a priority just because a few people want it right now, it doesn't really work that way. The priority is fixing current issues before moving onto new things, in my opinion. This is something that's very low priority but wouldn't be impossible to do, I doubt it'd take very long.

I don't really have any negatives about this, but it a stronger opinion arises I'm open to shifting, so +1.

Posted Apr 16, 2020