• 363 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2412 Players Online
  • 2049 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

High ping players getting false bans for Anti KB/Modified KB

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Taygo, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As many of you know, ping is basically your connection to the server. It depends on how far away you are from the host and your WiFi.
    As a 200ms player myself, I live in Asia and I have been getting banned for Anti KB/Modified KB recently and its false. And when I appeal it just gets denied which makes me have to wait out the ban and it runes my gameplay experience.
    Ping isn't the only reason that makes players take less KB, CPS also matters a lot so when there is a player that has 200ms and clicks around 15-20CPS, they don't take KB and they get banned.
    In conclusion, its not the player's fault and Mineplex should fix it.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Believerc and Pillowbro like this.
  2. that was no high ping sir, you literally took none you definitely toggle and have a client. watch the vid buddy

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  3. Maybe someone take the liberty of sharing the video in question so others can make their own judgement?

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  4. Hey!

So usually when a player gets falsely banned by GWEN, the QA team has the ability to dig into the GWEN logs to relatively check for themselves if the ban was justifiable or not. (I'm not too sure on how exactly they do this since I am not QA myself, but they check GWEN logs on issues for this specifically.) If you were falsely banned, especially on one that dealt with lag the staff team can see that and would of uplifted your ban. Seeing as how they didn't, and how apparently there is a video of you not having high ping, but still taking no knockback, it seems that that might be the reason your appeal was denied.

I would suggest that if there is a video as stated above, that you get in contact with the person, if you know who, and watch the video yourself to check to see if it was lag or not, as if the video has hardcore definitive proof that you were cheating then it wouldn't make sense for you to get unbanned.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  5. Hey! Sorry to hear you're having this problem but you're always welcome to message the appeals team member who denied you for more insight on your appeal. Sometimes it can be really difficult for QA to tell if someone's using modified KB, however, they do take all of the factors affecting the amount of KB someone takes into account when looking at a player. Whilst we aim to prevent hacking where possible, we would always prefer not to falsely ban a player, hence you wouldn't have been banned without sufficient evidence. You wouldn't be given the evidence against you on request for anonymity reasons, but you may contact the member of the appeals team who denied you for more insight on your ban. The punishment appeal guide states:

***If your appeal is denied, you may PM the staff member who rejected it to dispute the decision with evidence to backup your argument. If you are simply asking why it was denied, your PM may be ignored since we already stated it in your appeal - "did not meet criteria".

****Please include the link to your appeal if you are making an inquiry about it. We process many appeals on a daily basis and we won't be able to remember everyone's appeal. PMs with no link to the appeal will be ignored.

If you haven't already, it's a good idea reading through that guide before messaging the staff member who answered your appeal, whilst following the advice in that guide. Hope all goes well!

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  6. To be honest, that’s incredibly difficult to tell, and that’s not my job. But if I had to make a judgement here. The PVP session is not inflicted by lag from either party, so it doesn’t look like ping is an issue. While I will admit the user didn’t take a lot of knockback, they definitely at least took some, so it’s inappropriate to say they took none.

Just from the video, I think it’s too hard to say and I would lean towards innocence.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  7. wdym? he got hit w a snowball didnt move gets comboed rocked and doesnt move a block

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  8. and yes, he is taking kb but it is very little meaning he modified it with a client or some sort of cheats. that isn't normal kb at all

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  9. Firstly - to say that snowballs cause significant knockback is just not true. It’s nothing compared to an arrow, and unless we’ve been watching different videos, he took the amount of KB one usually takes when running toward an oncoming snowball.

The combo is a bit suspicious but I don’t think you have nearly enough evidence there. A five second clip of possibly reduced close range KB isn’t enough, and I can’t judge well from that clip.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  10. The end is deff toggled. No1 was lagging around and he took literally 0 kb there while being hit multiple times with an iron sword

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  11. ridiculously blatant.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  12. We were trading hits and I click more than he did that's why I took like no Knockback .On Mineplex , if you trade with other players, you take less kb and it depends on your cps. I was clicking around 18CPS at the time so

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2020
  13. Snowball doesnt deal a lot of kb , If you were pressing w when you were getting hit by a snowball, you basically dont move.

OP OP
  14. If you noticed already, the guy in the video was clicking 7cps, meaning that he will take more kb than i do in a fight

OP OP
  15. Cap

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  16. How so, he was hitting me and i was hitting him on that 3x3 area and I click more so obviously i i w gonna win the trade.

OP OP
  17. Win? Maybe. Take 0 kb for the entirety of the trade? Naaaah. Ur right, clicking higher cps does negate some kb, but u went from taking some to taking nothing for the 5 seconds you needed to. Almost guarantee you toggled anti kb, are autoclicking or both.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998 and anthxny like this.
  18. It takes time to click, if i was autoclicking i wouldnt take kb from the first few hits, i took kb there because i just started clicking and it takes times for the cps to go up.

OP OP
  19. Helloooo

I definitely realize your frustration, but please understand that you must appeal your punishment in order to be unbanned after reading over the appeal guide. If you've already appealed and it's been denied, you must wait 30 days before appealing again due to the appeal not meeting our private criteria. Additionally, if you would like to dispute your appeal result you may politely start a private conversation with the Appeals Team/Forum Management member who handled your appeal with a link to your respective appeal, as they should answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding the punishment or appeal response.

Please understand that our QA team handle modified knockback and are highly trained in defining what is and isn't sufficient evidence for modified knockback, among a few other client offenses, and adapt to the unique knockback that players on Mineplex might experiences due to a number of factors. Possible bad ping and CPS along with other knockback tendencies on the server are kept in mind when deciding whether to punish a player who is suspected of using these closet cheats. If you wish to contact a Quality Assurance member with general questions about modified knockback or any other offenses, you may find a list of them here. Staff members often make mistakes, as we're only human just like you, so it's great that you've had appeals accepted in the past. Appeals are truly a way to correct our possible mistakes, and if you honestly believe the punishment is unjustified, I sincerely recommend appealing again once eligible, because it's never our intent to false ban players and ruin their experience on the network.

Once again, I definitely understand your frustration towards the matter, but please be patient and follow the advice I have given above to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible in the appeal process for you. If you have any questions whatsoever feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to answer them for you. As for this thread, I don't really think it's necessary as our QA team is fully aware of the external factors that go into determining knockback of a player or not, and you have been given the proper information on how to dispute your previous appeal(s). Therefore, I'll be locking the thread as the concern has been addressed and there isn't much positive discussion to come out of this, besides ridicule. I hope you understand!

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.