• 511 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2595 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Hide threads by ignored users in newest

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by neropatti, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've ignored some users on the site because they keep posting things that I am just frankly just not interested in, but I still keep seeing their threads pop up in newest.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Gzen, FluteVegetables and _Prof_ like this.
  2. Heyo!
    Yo, this is actually a really good idea! Having ignored people on the website, you ignore those specific people for a reason! Not being able to see their fourms will taking ignoring people to a whole new level. This is due to the fact that you can completely ignore them without seeing their fourms! However, the developing team is small but I'm sure this will be implemented into the fourms one day. Have a good day!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  3. Heyyy!

I like this idea! The purpose of the ignore feature is to not see what that player is posting on their account. While I certainly do not see it as a feature that needs to be placed in immediately, it would be nice to have on the forums. Currently, you can just scroll past their post, so I do not see how needed the feature would be, but it is a nice QoL update that I would also like to see implemented.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Mathuu / Mathew likes this.
  4. This is a great QoL change! Their is room for improvement for the ignoring feature. Ignoring someone here should be the equivalent of blocking people on social media, where you cannot see a single trace of them, however, on Xenforo, this is more lenient by a mile as you can still see their posts. If there is someone you dislike, I understand it can get annoying when they keep appearing in your feeds. The ignore feature is not very effective right now and your suggestion will enhance it! Personally, I do not get mad/annoyed easily so ignoring others is something I do rarely, but this can be useful for others!

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  5. As for all the normal forum users, they can be able to hide their OP thread if they ignored someone. It's like they blocked someone on the other communication platforms (eg. Discord). From my experience, I'd been using Xenforo for a long time since around 2012-2013. I know how does the ignore system works. It doesn't hide someone's post entirely, and you can simply click a button to show their content. I'm not sure if the web developers will going to implement the features. In my opinion, I don't think this suggestion should be prioritized as this is just a small idea.

I think this idea is useful overall. +1

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Heyo!

This would be a nice idea to see on the forums, though I don't think it should be top priority. At the moment, you can instead just personally ignore a player's post, or if they are being rude to you/breaking any rules, report them. The ignore feature could be nice for players who comment on your wall which you do not want, or just generally on the forums.

This is a nice small little update, and I don't see the harm with adding this. I'll leave it at a +1 for now, as I know a lot of players would find this useful. If there's ever extra time, this would be cool to see on the forums. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Twitters and _Prof_ like this.
  7. I wouldn't mind seeing this idea implemented. When a player wishes to ignore another player's activity on the forums, it would make sense to block out their name and thread in the new posts section. Although it probably isn't too common that such a scenario will occur for other users, I think this would be a handy feature that could be used for players wishing to ignore someone who is often rude, annoying, etc. I don't see a downside regarding this idea, and I'd love to see this suggestion added.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Yeah, this is actually pretty annoying. The point of having a player ignored is to ignore them, right?
    It would only make sense for this to occur, because while it's good to see everyone's thoughts and ideas, if you just don't like their thoughts as you said and/or you just don't like them very much having their threads constantly pop up in your feed is pretty annoying. +1.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Hello!

I'd have to agree with you on this point. If a user is ignored, well, you wouldn't want to see their posts on the website. This isn't urgently needed but I don't see why this simple QoL feature can't be added!

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. This is a bug. I will be adding this to our website bugs Trello, so look forward to it being a thing. I guess this will be implemented later? I don't know, depends how you look at it lol

But yea, message me with questions or concerns and we'll look into fixing this.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    neropatti and _Prof_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.