• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9963 Players Online
  • 7073 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PhantasMagori, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Hi everyone! I'm Michael. I'm known as PhantasMagori in game. My friends call me Mike or Mikey. This is my attempt at an introduction so hopefully all goes well!

More Personal:

School:
    I'm going into to my 3rd year of university studying childhood ed.

Hobbies:
    Biking, swimming, dancing, Netflix, shopping and photography. Although traveling is not something I can do everyday, it's something I really enjoy doing when possible. Experiencing a new culture is so rewarding.

Music I Like: Bruno Mars, Michael Jackson, anything CaptainSparklez related, Daft Punk, BTS (ultimate guilty pleasure please don't murder me) ... (NO ORDER)

Food I Like: Anything Italian or Korean. Strawberries are above everything though.

Career Goals: I'm working to become an english teacher and model in Korea. I want to teach English in Korea because of my familiarity with the country and the presence of my family. On the other hand, I want to model because I want to explore the artistic side of myself. I will work to become a trendsetter. The opportunities to travel around the world as a model is very intriguing and appealing to me.

Mineplex Related:

Favorite Games: Cake Wars and Draw My Thing. I like the teamwork and strategy involved in Cake Wars. I want to play it semi competitively. Sadly I'm bad. Draw My Thing is just fun as hell. I'll always suck at it but the game is a classic.

Why did I come back?: The virus really made me miss the community. The games may not be as exciting as what they were 5 years ago, but playing with friends and making new friends has always been the best part about this place. I've made a lot of lifelong friends on this server.

My Goal: Applying for Trainee has been something I've been taking into consideration. I'll be sure to send in an application and see what happens.

In my opinion, it's important to take the positives out of a negative situation. Although my summer did not go as originally planned, I can definitely say it hasn't been bad. I made more new friends and I am happy I did. I hope to make more. If you see me on the server, feel free to say hi or whatever! :D

Posted Jun 28, 2020
    lotix, Meami, Meq and 2 others like this.
  2. Wow you are a super cool person! I love all your hobbies, I specially love traveling (which I also don’t get to do often)
    I would totally encourage you to apply for trainee! It’s quite a bit of work but completely worth it, I specially if you love mineplex. I hope you have a good day/week/year!

Posted Jun 28, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  3. Welcome back to Mineplex Michael!

I'm Taafyy! It's nice to see you back here on Mineplex! Much like yourself I also love exploring different cultures and their ways of life. I'd really love to go to China someday and explore all the beautiful sights and scenery they have. Although, it doesn't seem like I'll be going anywhere any time soon due to COVID.

I also love playing Cake Wars. There's just something about pvp and strategy that I can't get enough of. Well, I hope you find yourself enjoying being back here on Mineplex! Finally, I'll be sure to /f you in-game sometime so maybe we can play a round of Cake Wars.

Posted Jun 28, 2020
    PhantasMagori likes this.
  4. That is really interesting that you want to travel to China. Chinese food is quite delicious. I just hate it is misunderstood just because of general ignorance.

Anyways, yeah I'll be sure to shoot you a friend request so we can play Cake Wars sometime! Have a good one!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 28, 2020
    taafyy likes this.
  5. Hey Michael! Welcome back to Mineplex! It’s always wonderful to see players returning to Mineplex, as it’s truly a great server and has an outstanding community. To tell you a bit about myself- I’m LT or Leo, so feel free to call me by either! I’ve been on Mineplex for a few years. I mainly play on the Bedrock Server, although I will play Java from time to time. On the server, I mainly play Cake Wars and Skywars on Bedrock, and Nano Games and Cake Wars/Skywars on Java. I was a Moderator on the Bedrock server, and I was on the RP and FM subteams! I enjoyed being on the team a lot, but sadly I am no longer on the team. I really hope to rejoin the team in the future, and definitely be back on it by my birthday! Good luck on applying for Trainee as well, and make sure you’ve read over www.mineplex.com/bat2/, along with the rules, found at www.mineplex.com/rules! As for my personal life, I’m currently 18 years old, and I live in New York. I have a brother on the Staff team that goes by the name of xGetRekted. In my free time, I enjoy playing ice hockey and football, reading and writing, making Minecraft renders, and much more! Anyway, it was nice reading a bit about you and telling you a bit about myself! If you ever want to talk, don’t hesitate to message me! See you around :)

Posted Jun 28, 2020
  6. Nice to meet you Michael. You can call me Polar. It's nice to know that you want to teach English to kids in Korea, this shows me that you're a great person for dedicating your time into doing this.

This virus has brought lots of us back to Mineplex, and it's certainly not a bad thing. Lastly, good luck whenever you decide to apply for staff!

Thanks for sharing and stay safe!

Posted Jun 28, 2020
  7. Hi LT! Nice to meet you!

I've always enjoyed watching football, but not playing it. I'm a big New England Patriots fan. I'm really excited about the addition of Cam Newton. What position do you play if you don't mind me asking?

I used to run on the track team, but never had the dedication to continue. That was the only sport I really enjoyed.

I would not say that I enjoy writing, but I'm very good at writing. Essays are usually no problem for me. However, math is where I really really struggle. I have the cognitive ability of a rock when it comes to math.

It was cool reading about you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 28, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  8. I don’t play football as much as I play ice hockey, however when I play I’m usually a wide receiver. I’m also a fan of the Patriots, so that’s something we have in common! As for writing, you could say I definitely have a knack for it, and I’m planning on perhaps becoming an author in the future, as I have written small books before! While I’m not overly fond of math, I am decent at it, although I do excel in many other subjects.

Posted Jun 28, 2020
  9. Mikey

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  10. Hello Mike!

Always nice to see some old community members returning to the server. For sure the virus has brought back some old faces and I hope to see them and yours around for the foreseeable future! Modelling is interesting, it's something I would never have to confidence to do! I'd consider myself a creative person as well but I'm more of the digital art/ graphic design kind of person!

I hope you enjoy your stay and of course best of luck on your application if/when you submit it. I just have a couple extra links alongside what @LT Tombstone 77 has suggested here to help you out further in your interest in becoming a Trainee:
    Make sure you check out apply.mineplex.com as this provides all the basic information about becoming a Trainee and some basic requirements and also includes the links to the applications for both bedrock and java. For further 'research' you could also check out some community threads on becoming a Trainee here!

Best of luck and it was nice getting to know you through your thread!

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  11. Heyo, welcome back !

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  12. Hey, welcome back to Mineplex! It's definitely been a while and a lot of things have changed since you were gone, but the same welcoming community is here for you from before. We are actually very similar in tastes! I also really enjoy biking and swimming, along with occasional rollerskating when I have the chance. My music taste is more indie/alternative rock, however I am open to any and all kinds of music so I'll definitely listen to the artists you listed when I have the chance. I think it's fantastic that you want to go to Korea to teach English, as that's a difficult job and I commend you for taking interest in it! I am interested in education as well, though I'd prefer to stay in America if possible.

Mineplex-wise, I also really enjoy Cakewars, along with Dragons, Dominate, and NANO Games. Lately I've been playing a pretty wide variety of games, just because I don't like to stick with one for too long and to switch it up whenever I can. Mineplex is truly my home and always will be, because I've made some pretty amazing memories here. I'm really glad you decided to come back and even apply for Trainee at some point! Others have linked some guides for you to read so I won't here, but do make sure that you familiarize yourself with the server and read over those resources.

I hope to see you soon, and have fun with being back on the server! :)

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  13. hi

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  14. Nice to meet you! Welcome back!

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  15. Hello, nice to meet you! Welcome back. :)

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  16. Hi!

That's cool that you and I have similar hobbies. I desperately want to learn how to roller-skate and ice-skate. The last time I tried going rollerskating, it was an absolute disaster. People who can roller-skate on the street look so cool to me lol.

I relate to what you said about Mineplex. Mineplex feels my home. I really like it here. Thank you for encouraging me to read the guides, as I already have. They were quite helpful.

Have a good day! ^_^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2020
    RavenPaw9 likes this.
  17. Hii!
    My name is iPod5, but you can call me Dylan! I think that it is so cool that you are studying Childhood Ed! I have a few friends that are considering studying that within the next couple of years, which is kind of funny haha. As far as personal goals go, I definitely believe that you can achieve anything that you put your mind too. You could tell your students about times that you got to go model as storytimes !!

This quote definitely hit hard for me, as I totally relate to what you are saying. I've been playing this server on and off for a few years, but the amount of connections I've gotten to make from just playing games on here feels so special to me. I'm so happy that you've made the choice to return :)

I really hope to see you around sometime. I'd appreciate it if you could carry me in Cake Wars as well haha!

Posted Jul 2, 2020