• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7297 Players Online
  • 4407 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hi, I'm Rommel

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rommel, Jul 7, 2020.

1. After 6 years of being apart of Mineplex, I have never made an introduction thread, so why not.

Hi, I'm Rommel (or GUNZxNxROSEZ), I am a long-time Mineplex player and community member. My journey started way back in 2013 in the summer when I first bought Minecraft. Along this roller-coaster, I have seen Mineplex in its' highest and lowest. It's cool to see Mineplex still standing strong with still an amazing team to work on the development and expansion of the network. With the obvious decrease in players, it still stands which not that many servers can say. Shoutout to Leadership.

A little bit about myself
    I was born and raised in the Dominican Republic in '99 and came to America (New York) in 2010. I lived in New York for several months learning English and attending elementary school. After "graduating" from elementary school my parents got divorced and my father moved to Florida. I guess my mom still loved him so we followed him to Florida, but moved to Miami. While my time in Miami was horrible, I was able to see my dad in Orlando every other month. Middle school was tough for me as my English was very broken but I didn't give up. This is also when I first joined Mineplex and found a love for technology and games a little more than I already did.

Come graduating from the 8th grade at the age of 14, I told my mom I wanted to do my High School years with my dad in Orlando, surprisingly my Dominican mother said yes and let me go. I was excited because I thought living in Orlando sounded cool when you told other people because of course, the stupid mouse and Universal and SeaWorld. High School was dope, I met some awesome people and this is also the time I came out of the closet which, thankfully, went extremely well.

As I entered my junior year I was able to graduate early with my Associates and receive a scholarship from Full-Sail University (Winter Park, FL) to complete my Bachelor's in Business Administration. In May of 2019, I received my BBA (Bachelors Business Admin) with a focus in Management and was accepted into the Masters Accelerated Program to, hopefully, achieve my Masters in 2022. At the moment, as school is a pain in the :angryyoda: I work from home as a Tier II Tech Supervisor at Verizon in the Tech Support department, and I love it.

Even though I don't play Minecraft anymore, I still hop on to the sites of the servers I love to stay up-to-date and see the continued development and growth.

Here are some things that happened in my life
    • I became a big brother in 2011 to an awesome little brother;
    • I became a bigger-bigger brother in 2018 to an awesome little sister;
    • I came out in 2015 by a post on Facebook I was accidentally tagged in;
    • I worked at Disney for 2 hours (Space Mountain Ride Attendant) and walked out;
    • SeaWorld (Manta & Kraken Control Operator) for 8 months;
    • and eventually worked at Universal Islands of Adventure at Hulk and loved it for 1 year, 3 months and 12 days until I got fired for accomodating a lady with a wheel-chair who I thought shouldn't wait in line in the musk of teenagers in Summer, but due to a Karen recording me and posting it to the Universal Studios Facebook saying "I need a wheel-chair to skip the line?" action needed to be taken.
    • I interned at Apple for 6 months in 2019

My Mineplex journey
    Mineplex has been a safe-haven for me for a long time and just a general place I can go to... have fun. I have had some achievements and remarkable moments in the community such as the Mineplex Competitive League (MCL) and Mineplex Staff Oscars, Translations Team, and Battle of The Bridges (BOTB). For those who do not know, I am the original creator of the MP Staff Oscars and one of the original Global Managers for the MCL. In 2017, after many discussions Malfunctions (Danny) and I were able to get the MCL partnered with Mineplex, officially, to create tournaments for Mineplex, which is how BoTB & BoTB: Winter Haven came to be. I assisted with the creation of BoTB, however, BoTB: Winter Haven was all my idea (with the help of lovely BCL people). Luckily, these events went well planned and it was good to know we were able to have official prizes such as Rank Upgrades, Gems/Shards, Chests, and Titles.

If we go back in time to 2015, I was watching the Oscars in February of 2015 and was playing Mineplex at the same time... and voila came the idea to host and create Mineplex' version of it. It was a pain, and I was extremely doubtful but with the help of Aaich and Shiny we were able to get map built for the event server. In 2016, I decided to host it again around the same time in April right before summer with the help of xLouis and Shiny. Since my personal hosting in 2016, I let Shiny know I would like to "pass the baton" to Mineplex' CoM Team to continue the event as I was extremely focused on school throughout those years and I didn't want the event to die seeing how many people loved it. 2020 comes and thankfully @EmmaLie and her team continue to host the event, and it still receives a lot of love and support since the beginning.

As this has become more of an essay... if you read all of this, thank you and nice to meet you. Mineplex has come a long way and I have come a long way with it I am glad to still be able to come to the website and chat.

<3
    - Rommel

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  2. Hi!

This is a beautifully written introduction. I really admire the amount of effort you put into it, allowing us to visualize everything you were talking about while growing up. One thing about me is that I have always wanted to visit New York. That state seems like such a magical place. Also, I would probably want to visit in the Fall/Winter, as I love the colder weather.

Although it was an accident, I'm really proud of you for coming out back in 2015. I came back in June of last year to my family. It was one of the hardest things to do, but it was so worth it.

That's so cool, as well, that you interned at Apple. I've had a couple of friends do that, so it's kind of cool to know someone else who did that as well.

I hope to get the chance to talk more soon :)

-Dylan

Posted Jul 7, 2020
    Rommel likes this.
  3. Hey Rommel!

That was a great introduction and it's great to see that you're back. Long time no see. Most of my memories from 2016-17 were wiped, but I remember you from way back. I hope that you're doing all good and staying safe.

See you around!

-Dac

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Rommel likes this.
  4. that's actually sick as heck, my dad graduated from Full-Sail

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Rommel likes this.
  5. Yoo hey man welcome (kinda)!

Good to see you, hope you'll enjoy your time on the forums, nice to meet you :)

Awesome past by the way :D

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  6. Oh that’s dope, did he do business as well?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  7. Audio engineering

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Rommel likes this.
  8. Oh that’s money right there. Full-Sail is known for the TV/Production & Music industry so I know he probably had a good time playing in the studio rooms.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.