• 2468 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5047 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned HH Voting Improvement !!!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Snowing_, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Right now when voting for Halloween Horror challenger mode, you have to select it manually after every game and everyone in the lobby must vote for it. I have I simple suggestion that would make this much better.

1. ONLY REQUIRE 3 PEOPLE TO VOTE! - Sometimes, someone in the party could forget to vote for challenger or might have missed it. Then everyone has to die to start the game over again because it's in normal mode. To fix this, simply make it so that it requires only 3 out of 4 people to vote, since if 3 people vote that's the majority anyway and you're most likely in a party with people trying to win challenger mode.

2. This one sort of makes the other one obsolete, but it could still help. Basically make it so that if you shift left click on either the emerald or redstone block, it will automatically set it so that that mode is your default vote every time. Then no one would have to worry about trying to choose it every time if they remember to set it as their default. [​IMG]

Posted Oct 10, 2019
    Xukuri and Gzen like this.
  2. Hello!

I'm confused on how this would operate is it a /vote system, are you keeping the regular system, or is it something entirely new?

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  3. No, if you click on the nether star when playing Halloween Horror you should see two blocks and you click on either one of them to vote for challenger mode or normal mode (normal mode is the default one). What I'm trying to say is that there should be an option to automatically vote for challenger mode, because if you have a party of people trying to play it and someone forgets it can be annoying to restart. It should also only start at 3 because then if someone forgot it wouldn't really matter and would make more sense.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 10, 2019
  4. Yeah sounds good. Why not. +1.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  5. Hmm... It does seem like a more reasonable idea. The thing is if someone doesn't vote for challenger that means that they probably don't want to play it because it's too hard from personal experience. If they get put in a challenger game because their 3 teammates vote for it they probably won't perform as good as you'd expect. I mean I guess it's annoying if you have an actual assigned team and someone forgets to vote but that's why you use like Discord chat so you can all communicate.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  6. Ah, I see now, thanks for clearing that up, now that I understand it it's a +1 from me.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  7. Well if a game has 3 people who want to play challenger and one person who doesn't, then that's too bad for them. Besides, if 3 people want to play on challenger and one doesn't, then the one person wins, in those odds, the 3 people who wanted to play challenger will just most likely leave.
    Also what you said about Discord is irrelevant. People don't always want to talk and may be listening to music. This especially doesn't apply because if someone forgets to vote they most likely didn't have someone reminding them anyway, so what would Discord do? Nothing.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  8. What if the party leader had absolute control over what mode they pick? I mean if everybody in the lobby was in the same party, they are most likely all under the impression they are going to play 1 of the modes. If they didn't want to play that mode then they shouldn't have joined the party. Also I don't think adding separate lobbies will help, because it's kinda just a waste of servers when chat and discord exist. Thanks! -PinaGulotta

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  9. I like both suggestions. However, the first suggestion seems to have been already implemented and there is no need to further modify the current system that determines the difficulty level.

For the second suggestion, I think it would also be a very convenient addition to HH. It would be nice to vote for a certain option by default as it eliminates the risk of forgetting to vote for Challenger when a player is attempting to complete it. Although both ideas require development time towards a game that will be available for a limited time, if that was not to be an obstacle, I would love to see these implemented.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  10. Yo!

I am pretty sure that it already only needs 3 people to vote for Challenger for the gamemode to be switched over to that version. I have played several rounds where one of us forgets to vote but since the three others of us did, the gamemode ends up being what we wanted.

Secondly, I do not think that this is really needed at the moment. While some people might forget to vote, it isn't that hard to just restart the game by either leaving and rejoining or just running into the void. Since the game is only going to be here for such a short amount of time, I do not know how necessary it is, although it would be nice to have in-game. Whenever I play, I usually just send a message like "VOTE VOTE VOTE!" after map voting and before gamemode selection begins.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  11. Currently it does only take 3/4 of the lobby to vote for Challenger. As for your second idea, I don't find it particularly necessary. As long as at least one person in the party/lobby remembers to vote, they can remind everyone else in the party/lobby to vote. Personally I don't think making this small change for a temporary seasonal event game is a wise use of our limited resources.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  12. Yo

I like this idea. The first of yours is already implemented, so no need to discuss that one. For shift left clicking, I think it's a great idea. I hate having to vote for Challenger every time and I think having the ability to set a mode that you want chosen every time will prevent players from forgetting to vote and having to restart the game. I think being able to shift right click it to remove the preset would also be a good idea.

+1 from me!

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  13. Holaaaa

The voting system which you have suggested has been implemented. It currently only takes 3/4 people to vote for it to decide which version of the game you want to play.

As for your second idea, I really like the fact of not having to vote each time. Personally I only like to play challenger so I understand how frustrating it is when you forget to vote and it’s the mode you didn’t want to play. I think this would be more convenient for players. I do have to add this would be developer time for a game that’s only going to be out for a limited amount of time. All in all I like the idea and think if possible it should be implemented.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
  14. Hellooooo!

Thanks for the feedback about this years Halloween Havoc event. However, since the even is over, I'm sorry to say that we did not get to putting this into place. The first part of this idea was actually already implemented, as it only needed three out of the four to vote for challenger for it to go into Challenger mode. The second part of this was not completed, though. It was not too hard to select challenger, even though sometimes people forgot to do so. Since the event for this year is over, I'll be marking this as not planned, but since it could return next year, I'll leave it open for more discussion to occur.

Posted Nov 14, 2019