• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5176 Players Online
  • 5176 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Help With Coding Plugins

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jet Starglaze, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hey,

Idont know where to post this, but a while back i asked what i should use tocode minigames and stuff.

i installed the java jdk

and the eclipse ide

and i tried to create a zombie spawn, but i am using bedrock win 10, and i installed the spigot 1.16.3 package i am quite new to this

will this work for me or is it only for java. how do i do it for bedrock?

please help @gyroninja !!

Posted Oct 8, 2020
    ilyLegend and AWEARY like this.
  2. Java only works on Java edition (hence the name 'Java' edition), bedrock uses C++. Spigot is the server jar for java edition only, it doesn't work with bedrock.

Here are some resources for bedrock:

Posted Oct 8, 2020

3. hi,

on my previous posts they told me that while the bedrock edition of mc is coded in c++, mineplex bedrock is coded in java

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2020
    AWEARY likes this.
  4. I'm unsure if that's the case: It'd be better to ask someone who's more advanced with bedrock, nor do I have an advanced understanding of how bedrock works, as I don't actively code using it.

I know you can use JavaScript for the scripting language within bedrock, but I'm unsure on the plugin side.

Posted Oct 8, 2020
  5. i msged gyro, hopefully ill get a response!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2020
    AWEARY likes this.
  6. Sorry for the late response. So bedrock doesn’t have a universal API for coding plugins. Many different servers use many different APIs, and different languages to develop plugins. Some use Java, some use Javascript. It depends on the server. If your goal is to learn to code plugins for Mineplex, I believe they use Java, but you might wanna check with Gyro on that. I’m pretty sure they use an API similar to Spigot though, so it’s easier for developers from Bedrock to work on Java and Java developers to work on Bedrock. All in all, I believe you should start by learning Java basics, and start creating plugins using spigot API. This will help you gain experience creating plugins and such. If you want, I can help you with getting comfortable with creating plugins (I am a plugin developer myself). I can also answer more of your questions in a DM.

A little side note, a lot of people advise against learning Java as a first language. Of course you can take this with a grain of salt, as it IS an opinion. I personally agree though.

Posted Oct 10, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  7. Also moderators, please don't lock this thread!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 10, 2020
    lotix likes this.
  8. Hey,

Adding on to the few things that were said above, while the Bedrock version of Minecraft is coded in C++, other languages can be used when making plugins for a server.

Posted Oct 10, 2020
    Gardening_Tool likes this.