• 404 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4323 Players Online
  • 3919 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

help people get general instructions

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Le egg, Mar 5, 2021.

?

what option for game rules

1. instructions more clear on screen (example galaxite)

60.0%
  2. tutorial levels

20.0%
  3. youtube video tutorials

20.0%
  1. In cake wars i lose because when i leave base, my teammates dont do anything and guard the cake, let it get eaten
    the problem is that instructions aren't easy to read

There are few options
    1: youtube video tutorials for games on official mineplex, when a new person starts to play, they'll get a notification for a tutorial reccomendation
    2: directly on middle of screen, like galaxite's arcade theme instruction giving, however, this could be seen as copying
    3: must do tutorial levels before actually playing, but this requires lots of coding

any mods and other players are welcome to respond and poll

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.

2. I kinda like this, in the chat it could say "go to this link for a tutorial on cake wars" or "go to our channel for a tutorial video!" +1

It wouldnt be seen as copying, because its a vanilla theme, and mineplex has actually used used it before, but it infuriates people who already know how the game works, i just wanna play the game, but if i was a newer player, i would want instructions like this. i dont know about this one +0.5

every game? maybe it could be a level for people who want to play it, but not before every game. +0.5

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116 and AfflictionMR like this.
  3. Heya!

I can see where you're coming from. At the same time I think you need to take into account that the majority of the playerbase on bedrock is young (8-12 years old) and they don't always know what they're doing. I know this should not be an excuse but that's just the way it is sometimes.
    As for the YouTube tutorials, they already exist! You can find them by clicking on this.
    I agree with you that there should be a more elaborate instruction in chat before the game starts as currently the only thing it says is: ' Defend your cake from the enemy'.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Fusafez and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  4. Hello! I am going to review your three choices, although I don't really see how your teammates letting your cake get eaten has to do with understanding the instructions. Your first option is to advertise videos on Mineplex. I feel mixed about this, as there are already tons of community-made videos that already teach. If I want to search up how to play Cake Wars, I will already find content, so therefore I feel that Mineplex videos aren't needed. For your second option, from my understanding, there will be text in the middle of the screen that lists the instructions of Cake Wars. I think that this could be a nice addition, although I would rather this to be put in text right before the game starts like the current description (that isn't that detailed). With your third suggestion, I don't think that tutorial levels are necessary. How would these levels work? I don't really think that tutorials are needed anyways, because just playing the game and practicing already helps you get better. When I first started playing, I was very confused, but I find just playing over and over again helped me improve.

In summary, I disagree with most of your suggestions because I don't really see a need for them. Thanks for posting, though!

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  5. true, no one goes out to raid or claim points or guard the cake, and always the enemies are skilled but my teammates aren't

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2021