• 735 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6824 Players Online
  • 6089 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

HELLO SR. MODS!!! THIS IS FOR *YOU*

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hilly, Jan 18, 2021.

Tags:
?

I am a Sr. Mod for the...

1. Social Media *We should tweet this!*

7.8%
  2. QA *This post is a bug*

2.0%
  3. Recruitment *I wish we could recruit Chiss*

7.8%
  4. Staff Management *This dude failed his observation*

5.9%
  5. Forum Management *I LIKED NINJA BETTER GEEZ*

5.9%
  6. Community Management *I collect EVERYTHING*

2.0%
  7. Clans Management *16k Coins for 1 Gem, GG*

2.0%
  8. Event Squad *Our next Singer is...DEFEK7*

3.9%
  9. Build Lead *Terrain is literally the most fun, Don’t @ Me*

2.0%
  10. I am a Trainee, Mod, Community Member who likes polls B)

60.8%
  1. HELLO ALL SENIOR MODS!!

YES! I’m addressing all Sr. Mod Teams: Social Media, Recruitment, QA, Events Squad, Community Management, Forum Management, Staff Management, Clans Management, & because I love them so much Build Leads too!

What is a moment you can recall being especially fun and a great moment to share with your fellow Staff Team or Community Members!?! It can be a short funny moment or an epic tale of tragedy and drama!!!

Give all those Moderators, Trainees, & Community Members something to possibly seek out later in their Mineplex Career!!!

I will be liking every post I read because I love you all :)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    koqel, rilau, Loofii and 6 others like this.
  2. I speak for spaml when I say that his favorite moment is when he saw a creeper implode me from the back in clans :)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    koqel, Rey, tricorder and 2 others like this.
  3. I’m not on any Sr. Mod teams so this is just out of curiosity but, are community members on Sr. Mod teams counted?

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    koqel, Glamourized and Hilly like this.
  4. Hey there!

I was a Sr. Mod, Forum Ninja (Forum Management) before. I am trying to recall some of my memories here. My best moment was that I got promoted to an FM mentor last year, and having a fantastic experience of mentoring my FM mentees. I also remember that I was active in processing out the appeals too!

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    koqel, Hilly and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  5. SM was kinda dope ngl
    em and crum were pre nice

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    koqel, Im_Ken, 510bike and 1 other person like this.
  6. Not a Sr.Mod, BUT I'm looking to join StM, QA, RC and CoM some day in the future hopefully :)

One of my favorite things about joining (sub)teams is that I get to make a difference and set a good example for all staff and community members alike. It's fun putting in the work to join the teams and better myself not just as a person, but as a knowledgeable staff member. I also love interacting with the community and growing with them to help make this a better and safer place for all members to enjoy themselves.

One of the ways I'm currently chasing my goals is through CMP (community mentoring program) which you can read more about Here. Currently, I work with @PieOrPi and @aahad to mentor our mentees with QOTDs, QOTWs, and more with a personalized mentoring experience to help them through whatever they're hoping to achieve through CMP, whether that's Trainee, knowledge, or simply bettering themselves :)

Outside of this, the rest of these things, like all things, will come with time hopefully, and I'll be recruited onto or accepted onto the teams I'm looking to join.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing the Sr.Mod responses to this thread!
    ~Hub

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    koqel, Cwossaint, Amg and 2 others like this.
  7. Well before I joined Social Media I was never really an art person. I always thought I was kinda bad at it haha. The only thing art related that I was pretty good at before I joined the team was photography.

Anyway, back on topic, if you ever go on our Twitter you’ll see a lot of different keyarts we make on photoshop. For the first couple months I wasn’t really comfortable making keyarts since I only had minimal experience using photoshop. But one day when we were doing one of our marketplace campaigns, I decided to step up and try making a keyart. Since I didn’t have much experience it took me over 3 hours to do which is totally ridiculous haha.
    Anyway, this moment really stands out to me because it was when I realized that digital art is actually pretty fun. After that I really started getting more involved and I began to feel comfortable making lots of different keyarts (in a timely manner too! Woo). I actually ended up taking a Digital Design class to explore photoshop more and learn more about Adobe software. I became really interested in Illustrator, and lately I’ve been using it a lot to create my own drawings. I’m still not very good at drawing with paper and pencil, but I found that digital art makes it easier and more fun for me.

Basically this moment on Social Media led to a new passion for me. I think the best thing is being able to see something that I create being used to help out the team. It also shows that when you’re doing something you enjoy, you can discover new skills or interests you might not have ever considered otherwise.

Posted Jan 19, 2021
  8. I like the third option the most.

Posted Jan 19, 2021
    koqel, CrazyOfTim, Hubble and 2 others like this.
  9. I think one of the most memorable moments for me as a Sr Mod was when we found out Staff Management was coming into existence. For me personally, this was really exciting because I like trying new things and task variety is one of the best ways to foster excitement and motivation in one's position. In the almost 11 months I was a Trainee Mentoring Assistant and the 7 months I was a mentor, I had never mentored any mods before so it was going to be completely new to me. Not only were there new processes, there are different challenges faced when mentoring Mods as opposed to Trainees that typically centre more around keeping them motivated and whatnot. I was also going to be working with new people seeing as it was 2 Sr Mod teams merging into 1 which I was really excited for as well.

Overall, I just think back to this day and I remember how excited I was for all these new changes and while I was a bit overwhelmed considering I was going to have to develop an entirely new mentoring system with quotas, documents and processes, and given that I was going to be flying out to visit my family out west around when I was going to be taking on a bunch of new mods, I knew I was going to be playing an even more important role on the staff team and now I wouldn't want it any other way. I think the best part about the merge is not only the greater task variety, but I no longer have to say goodbye to my mentees when they're promoted to mod, I get to keep working with them beyond that which is awesome!

Posted Jan 19, 2021
    koqel, Tobias, Hubble and 5 others like this.
  10. Hey Gridlocke, I am sorry to inform you but imploding means that you would collapse inward, and being blown up by a creeper is not one of these cases. I believe you meant to say you were damaged by the explosion of the Minecraft mob creature, which led to your inevitable death within the Clans gamemode.

Posted Jan 19, 2021
    koqel and Hilly like this.
  11. Guys he's my mentor

Posted Jan 19, 2021
    koqel, Hilly and Hubble like this.
  12. Oh god, my most memorable time so far has got to be when the Forum Ninja team converted to the Forum Management team back in August. @Camull ✩, @ddgolfer04, and myself were thrown into mentoring FMA's and were still somewhat new Sr. Mods, so it was definitely a lot all at once lol. We each had a hand in the restructure of the team, so we somewhat knew what we were getting ourselves into lol and while it was overwhelming at times, it was definitely some of the most fun I've had on the staff team so far. It was so exciting to be a part of the team during the restructure and I remember being so grateful that the leadership and senior members of our team valued each and every voice, even our newer ones. After the restructure, the three of us newer FM's were still learning how to mentor others as well as handle new things like Bedrock appeals and I just remember it being so chaotic but also so much fun. Of course, we got the hang of things fairly quickly by helping each other out and learning through trial and error, but I think we made it out nicely on the other side.

Still miss my docs team co-lead buddy @ddgolfer04, though. :cry:

I hope we see some more responses to this thread. I love reading the inside stories from Sr. Mod/Build Lead teams that we otherwise probably wouldn't normally hear.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    koqel, joshuart and ddgolfer like this.
  13. Yeah, so as you can see by my tags I'm on the Staff Management team ^-^

The most enjoyable experience for me has been witnessing all of my past & present Trainee & Mod mentees being successful. Seeing early promotions, promotions to Sr Mod and promotions to Moderator make me feel really happy and accomplished with my work as a mentor! StM is a really good team to go for precisely for that reason, I would recommend anyone goes for it simply for the close team we have as well as the large variety of tasks & freedom that the role brings.​

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    koqel likes this.