• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9342 Players Online
  • 6452 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hello! I'm Craster

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Craster, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for viewing my thread, I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself to this community and hopefully meet some great people! Outside of here, I'm a recently graduated graphic designer with a huge love for drawing, music, and automotive.

History:

I've almost always gone by the name of my original account 'OffTheAir,' but a little while ago I was finally able to snag the name 'Craster' which was the name of my first internet alias nearly a decade ago, so I've been slowly transitioning to that. I purchased Minecraft in November of 2012, and two months later after getting accustomed to the game I joined the Minecraft Forums and became part of a server/community called the Republic of Atlas that I am still part of today! In between I was also a dedicated player and brief staff member of the now defunct multiplayer server called Planet Beacon.

Minecraft has always been a strange experience for me. I got it around the time I was losing interest in gaming, and in the eight years I have played it I don't think there was ever really a time I was devoted to the game play. There was always a running joke within my group that anytime I was instructed to build something like a house, it would never get done - and they were absolutely right! I think that can be drawn to my incredibly short attention span (Minecraft requires a lot of time/focus), and this always translated over to my difficulty with mini-games as well because I also have horrible reaction time. In short, I've always been the guy who just sits at spawn and talks to people. Despite that, I love Minecraft; it's a very aesthetically pleasing game with a calm atmosphere and pretty great community and that's always what I've been involved in (whether it be forums, servers, etc.).

The first time I ever played Mineplex was late 2013/early 2014 after my friend Dazy introduced me to it, and I played it occasionally over time with my friends. As I said above, I didn't really play mini-game servers, but I always kept Mineplex on my server list as my go-to popular server. Around 2015 I finally got the Minecraft burnout and since then I have been constantly on and off, having maybe one or two brief spikes of activity in a whole year.

I don't know how, but time has flown by really fast and I'm unfortunately not the young "whippersnapper" I used to be, and neither are the guys I used to hang out with. However, I was itching to play this game and have a little pastime late at night after work so I decided to check out Mineplex again! Needless to say, had some very great conversations and had a very chill time; you all are pretty cool :)

I'm not sure how long I'll be around or if anything will come out of it, but I decided to create a forum account so that I can be more apart of the community. I love these XenForo-like forums they're always so easy to use. I'm really looking forward to chatting with all of you! Also looking forward to learning more about this server and how much it's changed since all the way back when.

Thanks again for reading my long, wordy thread!

-Craster

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Rantix_, Cardyceps, Polar8 and 6 others like this.
  2. Hey Craster!

First, welcome back to Mineplex! I'm glad to see you here. c: Congratulations on graduating! I'm not an artist at all, so when I come across people who are into graphic design, drawing, and art overall, I'm very inspired and impressed. It's neat that you're transitioning back to your old alias! I started off as G1raffeG1rl and transitioned to EmmaGrill (a nickname given to me by a friend). I've mostly just stuck with that since then, so nothing too interesting there. It's neat that you participated in other servers too! Mineplex has really been my go-to since I found it in 2015. You were way ahead of me though! I wish I would have bought Minecraft and found Mineplex sooner. :p It's amazing that although you don't necessarily love all of the minigames and "tasks" that Minecraft and Mineplex put out there, you've still found a way to make the game work for you! I absolutely love minigames, but I also enjoy speaking to other players as well, so I understand where you're coming from. c: There's a lot that's changed for Mineplex, and I know that there were many things that changed even before the server. If you ever want to talk or hang out, just let me know! <3 Hope to see you around, and again, welcome back!

Posted Jul 15, 2020
    Craster and Jerremiah (Joiined) like this.
  3. Hi Emma!

Thanks so much for your friendly reply, it's nice to meet you! :D

Trust me, as far as graphic design and y'know, art in general, I'm no Pablo Picasso. :p

Really awesome to hear about your history with Mineplex, I can tell you've had a really great time here; five years is a pretty long time! It's really about breaking out of my comfort zone when it comes to minigames, I think they're fun, creative, and there's an endless variety but I've never been one to be competitive xD That's why I'm always playing more relaxing ones like Draw My Thing.

Very excited to discover all the new changes around here that you've mentioned! Again, thanks for the great welcome! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 15, 2020
    EmmaGrill likes this.
  4. Welcome back Craster! I was in your position about a year ago as well. I too joined in 2013 and remember the server growing and myself falling out of love with Minecraft. I've loved seeing the game and the server come back and I hope to see more people like yourself returning!

Posted Jul 15, 2020
    Craster likes this.
  5. Hello!

Love that you’re into Graphic Design. I’m currently a Graphic Design student myself and it’s certainly been a change of pace from A-Level to University (UK). Would love to see some of you’re stuff! Perhaps you could show us in the Arts Showcase section some time in the future :)

Always great to see returning community members and I hope to see you stick around for some time. The xenforo site is for sure a pretty large change from the old enjin site if you remember that and while sometimes I miss it, I see much more discussion happening around on the new site than the old one and I hope to see you join in. Minecraft isn’t my top game either anymore (I’m an avid League of legends player) but I’ve always had a love for this community and interacting with them which is what’s kept my interest going in this server so long!

I hope you have a lovely time :)

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Polar8 and Craster like this.
  6. Hey!

My name is Parker but I usually go by Dinkle online. I'm so happy that I am one of the people that gets to welcome you back to Mineplex! The server has certainly changed a lot in the time that you have been gone and as you can tell so have the forums! Hopefully, you can continue having a fun time on the network and the staff team is always here to support you in any regard you would like. Just like you, I am no longer a "young whippersnapper" but I find the server just as enjoyable and with a great community still surrounding it!

If you ever need anything feel free to reach out and have a great time on the server and forums here!

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Craster likes this.
  7. Hey Speedswipe!

Awesome! Yeah, it definitely seems like you're in the same boat as me. Nice to see people who started playing around the same time as me come back and return as well :)

Very nice to meet you!

Hi Meami,

What a coincidence! Very cool. No promises, but maybe I'll sneak a couple pieces of work in there, who knows!

I wanted to pursue a degree in something I was passionate about, and when I kind of weighed in the options I realized the one thing I truly loved to do was designing, whether it be posters, characters, etc. Initially, I really wanted to land a job in the animation industry, and I really only went into the graphic design program because that was the closest thing to it where I live (unfortunately, wasn't coughing up thousands upon thousands of dollars to go to the prestigious art school). While studying, I really found that I enjoyed applying the kind of cartoony style I had to advertisement and marketing, so I decided graphic design is what I would pursue. :)

Gosh, I remember using Enjin a lot back in the day and at the time I think it was kind of the top choice for Minecraft and other communities. I still can get into my original account believe it or not! However, while I still think it looks pretty cool it definitely feels outdated compared to the newer and more clean Xenforo platforms. I think people's tastes have just changed over time, Enjin is more rugged and rough and it almost is reminiscent to an old message board or even like old-school Newgrounds (which could be a good or bad thing). It's also pretty expensive for what you get! We all like things that are organized, fast, and easy to use, and I think this new site gets the job done. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and like you said I'm really looking forward to interacting with this community! :D

Parker, it's very nice to meet you! Thanks so much for the welcome and offering me a helping hand. Definitely looking forward to getting a lot of enjoyment out of the server and community!

Very glad to see there's plenty of older players who still have a love for this game! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Meami likes this.
  8. It's nice to meet you! You can call me Polar, as most people do.

Your wordy thread has been worth my time to read, so it's great that you explained a lot about yourself. The part that stuck out to me is when you said you are not very skilled at minigames due to your slow reaction time. So you end up just sitting in lobbies.

It goes the same way for me! I like to relax in lobbies and interact with the community since the Mineplex community is great and also very friendly.

I also noticed that you said you were active in 2015. It was the same for me. I started playing Mineplex in 2015, and I was very active on the server during 2015. It's great that we both played often during that year, as it was a great year for Mineplex.

I might see you around since you said you chill in lobbies often, feel free to follow me here or friend me in-game, my username is Polar8. You can also message me here if you ever want to talk.

It was nice meeting you and welcome back to the community! Enjoy your time here!

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Craster likes this.
  9. Hello there Craster! As a Mineplex player for 3 months now, I am proud to see new people always joining the server! Giving it a try, just having a laugh with their friends, or returning to it! I am just going to say, you can do /f TJ2K6 To have a chat and play some games (even if I am trash at them)! I am always open for pms on the server, so if you have an issue that you would like to ask someone about, don't hesitate to pop a /msg TJ2K6 <message> Into the chat box, I am usually on at 11 or 12 am to 9 or 10 pm (BST)! your backstory sounds very descriptive whilst also being very fluent to read!

I hope to see you around Craster! This has been TJ2K6, byeo! (Idk why I like to do this news reporter thing at the end of my messages now, I am also still, very tired :\ so I apologise for my wording if it is bad :D)

Oh one more thing to add, I saw you were into graphic design! I like learning to become a games designer right now as I am into that sort of thing, I also like to learn java part time! So it is great seeing you like graphics design as that was one of my choices, I wanted to become a games designer though as I thought I was full of bright ideas! (Even though every idea I put out to the world is trash lol)
    I like both 2d and 3d games design!

(again, sorry, I'm tired :\)

Posted Jul 16, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 16, 2020
    Craster likes this.
  10. Hey dude, welcome!!

hope you’re having a great day and we can both relate on short attention spans haha

slide me a friend request if ya want, we can play some cake wars or something fun together :) If you’re on java

Dang November 2012, you’re an OG lol and I love the name Craster!!

enjoy your evening :)

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Craster likes this.
  11. Hi all! Sorry for the late response. Since you guys took the time to make such great, detailed posts I wanted to make sure I gave you an appropriate reply!

Polar, really nice to meet you! Thanks so much for taking the time to send me such a nice reply!

Yeah, I mean, sounds silly and all but gosh it's almost been like that since I first started playing Minecraft believe it or not. Back during the clan days I was really just a community guy, hardly ever built anything, partook in PvP, etc. Just love to chill, talk, and jam to music. What more do you need?

Wasn't too active but 2015 is about the time my friends invited me to play minigames with them on Mineplex. Awesome to see you started around the same time, what a coincidence!

But yeah, great to be able to talk with you! I usually hang out for a little bit during the later hours in Lobby I. Looking forward to seeing you in game and on the forums!

Hi TJ2K6!

I saw your introduction thread, so I guess this is a nice little exchange! I'd like to give you a huge welcome as well! :)

Incredibly cool that you're passionate about game design and Java, that takes a lot of skill! Just judging by your personality I can tell you're full of great ideas and I'm sure you'll master your craft!

Thanks so much for the kind message, looking forward to hopefully chatting with you in the future! I hope Mineplex and its community has treated you well!

Hey SomeRqndomName! Thanks so much, nice to meet you man!

Yeah it's a curse but just something you got to live with, haha. Hope you've been having a terrific week!

Shoot, I remember when I got the game I thought I was late to the party haha, but eight full years later to be considered an OG, it's very surreal. Really doesn't feel like it's been that long o.O, but I guess time flies by.

Hope to see you around, man! Thanks again for showing my little thread some love :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  12. Yo!

Welcome back. It's always great to see someone return to the network and congrats on graduating as well! Feel free to DM me any time, or even invite me to a party to play some Cake Wars. See you around!

Posted Jul 18, 2020
    Craster likes this.
  13. Hey Fallen,

Thanks so much buddy, I appreciate it! :)
    Looking forward to seeing you in-game and on the forums!

OP OP
    Fallen™ likes this.
  14. Hey Craster, welcome! It seems you're a very devoted and dedicated Minecraft player, and I'm glad you've decided to come back to Mineplex to make this introduction. I've been playing on Mineplex since 2015, but have been active on and off over the years. I can definitely relate to the video game burnout you experienced, as I have had that experience with several other video games - except for Minecraft. It's always been there for me, something to lean back on, and Mineplex has always really been my home.

To introduce myself, my name's Raven! I'm an avid Java player, and I like playing Champions Dominate (or Capture the Flag), Nano Games, and Dragons in my free time. I've been getting back into CTF lately and it's been incredible! I would love to play with you sometime. Like you, I also have a love for music. I currently play trumpet in my school's marching band, and I love to sing and compose music whenever I can. At Mineplex, if you're unfamiliar, there is a weekly Mineplex Karaoke event, so you should join and sing sometime if you can! You can find the entire events schedule here. If you're interested, you can also join the Mineplex official Discord here.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you! I'd love to get to know you better in-game and just in general. Hope to see you around! :)

Posted Jul 18, 2020
    Craster and Polar8 like this.
  15. Hi RavenPaw! Nice to meet you! :D

Yeah it definitely seems like you're in the same boat; nearly everything I've gone through really. I have very long stretches of inactivity, but I think at the end of the day when I look at it I think Minecraft is really the only game presently that still gives off a spark; I don't really play any games anymore (aside from the occasional nostalgia kick for old games I played as a kid :P). Still has an abundance of wonderful communities to turn to (the one I joined back in 2013 is still around, people just seem to be dedicated!)

Really awesome to hear more about you! I'm on Java as well, probably where I'm going to stay. Dragons is a blast; haven't played too much yet since I got back, but I did try a couple games of the classic Block Hunt. Super cool to see that you're a musician, as I said above I am a really big listener and collector of music; some stuff in my library is probably so obscure even the original artist doesn't remember it. I unfortunately missed out as a kid, when I was in elementary we were forced to learn the recorder and it was a very sour experience that scared me out of taking any sort of musical activities in my later school years. However, a couple years ago I started to get a passion for it and it kind of made me wish I learned how to compose or even play an instrument. Who knows, maybe it's not too late to learn! :D

Again, very nice to meet you and I appreciate you taking the time to welcome me and share more about yourself! Hope to see you around!

OP OP
    RavenPaw9 likes this.
  16. You should definitely consider taking up an instrument if you can! It's an incredibly rewarding experience and I would highly suggest it. For beginners, instruments like the piano or guitar can be a great place to start! If you're interested, I would recommend taking lessons for those instruments or even trying a woodwind instrument if you feel up to it. It's obvious you're a pretty avid music person so I would love to help you out with any instrument if you need it.

As for Mineplex games, I'd love to play with you sometime! Block Hunt has always been a classic, and thought I haven't played it in a while, feel free to ask if you're up for it sometime. Minecraft has always been something I can rely on, like you mentioned, but I do have a lot of other really great video games if you're ever interested. If you're looking for a metroidvania with amazing art and an amazing soundtrack, go for Hollow Knight. A sandbox game with an awesome story? Slime Rancher. I could go on and on, but I absolutely love video games and would love to give you some recommendations!

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy getting back into this wonderful community. The community here has always been my favorite part of Mineplex, because it's so easy to meet new people and make new friends! You sound like such a joy of a person and I would love to get to know you better if you are up to playing in-game sometime!

Posted Jul 18, 2020