• 1956 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10394 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hello everyone ;)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Salmon_slayer123, Sep 2, 2019.

1. I was scrolling through the threads, as you do, and I decided, hell, why not introduce myself XD
    Hello everyone, my name is Dmitri and I'm 16 years old. I have a special personality trait- either people find me annoying or they find me tolerable :). I like making bad puns to the point where its become an addiction, so if you see me making poorly made jokes I can't help myself. Hobbies, I have quite a few. I take footage with my drone.. I've got some great pics of Scotland, the Isle of Wight.. and my local park, I love filming from the air. I'm also working on a book at the moment, which is going decently so far.. I'm also learning piano and guitar, although I'm very new at guitar. Finally (Sorry if you're getting bored XD) I am trying to improve my singing cuz, y'know, it's a dream of mine to do something involving music. So, enough with the hobbies, a bit more about myself.. I'm your standard 16 year old, spending way too much time on youtube and gaming, and.. jeez what else can I say? Pretty smart, overflowing with charisma ;) and being awkward in all the wrong moments. (E.g, when introducing myself lol). Always very excited to meet new people and make new friends! Can't wait to meet y'all in game or in forums, peace out :)

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    dallarth, Poal, Sven and 2 others like this.
  2. Hey Dmitri! (Not sure if it's actually meant to be Dimitri haha)

Wow you seem awesome!! And I'm not just saying that, reading through your introduction made me want to be friends with you haha. You're into a lot of things that I'm also currently into!! I love making puns, (and yes everyone makes puns with my name - I mean how can you not lol) I love film & photography, it's a huge passion of mine, however I sadly don't have a good enough drone to take air footage which is sad ): but that's okay!! I enjoy it on the ground just as much haha. I've also been learning guitar at the moment!! And yes am very new at it as well, I always find my fingers hurt a lot after playing - but that's something you have to get used to I guess haha!! Similarly one of the reasons I'm learning guitar is so I can play, sing & write my own music/songs. It's also too a dream of mine to do something involving music one day, although film production sure catches my eye as well so that would be awesome too!

I definitely think you have a lot of charisma and I didn't get bored at all reading your intro :D I was going to mention as well that I would love to visit Scotland one day, I'm from Australia which is practically on the otherside of the world so it would be a dream to visit one day. I can also totally relate to the 'being awkward in all the wrong moments' part haha - I do it ALL the time lol. I think that's something I do love about myself though, is my weird awkwardness that just makes conversations so much more interesting & funny xd

Some other stuff about me is that I am obsessed with animals (and practically like anything living lol) and growing up all I wanted to be was a vet, or a zoo keeper & at one point it was marine biologist haha. As much as I would still love to work with animals, I have many other passions that grow into the arts (like film, art, music etc). I think over time I realised it's what I wanted to do in future, and I hope to see my passion grow as I get older! Oh yea, I should probably mention as well that I'm 19 haha, and I finished school last year.

I too love meeting new people & just love new friends, so if you ever see me in game or around the forums, be sure to stop and say hello!! Alternatively, you can always send me a direct message if you ever need help with anything, or you just want to chat a bit :D Last thing I'll say is that if you are new to the network you may want to check out the rules at www.mineplex.com/rules - it just goes over all the forums rules as well as in-game rules which is always handy to keep note of so you're always good!!

Anyway I just can't wait to see you around more, I know you're going to love making new friends here - one thing I love about Mineplex is that it's honestly so easy to make good friends - you just have to put in the effort to do so!! I hope you enjoy Mineplex as much as I do, and I'll see you round!!

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Sep 2, 2019
  3. Welcome to the forums Dmitri!
    I hope you enjoy Mineplex's astounding community!

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    Salmon_slayer123 and Poal like this.
  4. Great to meet you Sarah, I'll definitely do that! You seem like a great person too). Well, they do say that practice makes perfect.. even if it's a hell of a lot of practice I'm sure we'll both succeed at guitar XD. I would definitely recommend Scotland, it's so beautiful there. I have a cat, and she's the sweetest, fuzziest thing on earth :). I'd love to make my own songs too. I'm rooting for ya in your passions). Hopefully we can keep in touch, 'till next time ;)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Poal likes this.
  5. Hello Dmitri, I am _Prof_, 16-years-old too. My personality, in most people's eyes is at least similar. I can relate to making terrible jokes, you are not alone. I also have a few hobbies outside of Mineplex. Ice hockey has always been my favourite sport, I played it for 12 years. I am currently injured at the moment and can hop back on the ice in 2 weeks. I play second line center on my town's AA team. I play the guitar too, auditioning for my school's solo guitarist position on my grade's jazz band. YouTube is a hobby of mine too. I actually have a YouTube channel you can find in the information tab of my profile page. My IGN is _Prof_ if you want to friend me. Welcome to the Mineplex forums, enjoy your stay!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Salmon_slayer123 likes this.
  6. Hiya

Firstly you seem like an incredibly interesting guy! It's also nice to see a fellow Brit on the forums, there aren't too many of us here.

I like how you fly drones to take pictures of stuff. Trust me I know that takes incredible skill to do. You see, I get a drone every Christmas because I always ask for one... You might be wondering what happens to the one I got in the year prior? Well let me tell you. Every Christmas Day afternoon I step outside onto my driveway with my new drone, it's fully charged and the camera in place. My road is quite quiet because it's on the edge of town and there is a National Park literally across from my house. So not many cars ever pass by, meaning there's no point gritting the road to stop slipping. I begin to fly the drone and it gets to a point where it's very high and I never know how to fly them downwards on the first go (instructions would tell me but who reads the instructions lol). I get scared it's going to go above the 200 metre limit and that I'm going to have police come knocking on my door on Boxing Day. So I hit emergency stop and the drone comes falling down to Earth at top speeds. I step out into the street, bracing myself to catch my precious new drone. Then I always see a car coming towards me with a few more cars behind it on the icy December road that's now suddenly turned into the M1 motorway. I step out of the way because I know the road is slippery and I accept my life is more valuable than my precious drone. My new, shiny, innocent drone falls to the ground and breaks. Never to be used again. Every. year. the same thing happens. It's usually THE SAME CARS that come at me. So I respect your ability to not have my problems with drones.

Anyway moving on from my little story. What's your book about? I'm interested because I I like to write stories too. One I've been working on recently is about a creature called a Neko being found by a scientist in a restricted radiation zone after a nuclear explosion. Then after that the scientist tries to fit the Neko into normal civilisation. It's a story about being curious, making friends and being in situations you usually wouldn't be in. You have a lot of similar hobbies to me actually. I've been playing the piano since I was 10 and my favourite thing to play on the piano is the Zelda: Breath of the Wild theme song. Ahhh it's such a good piece of music! I'm soon going to be learning how to play the trumpet because I want to be just like the trumpet player who works for my favourite band, AJR (for an example, listen to the song 'Burn The House Down').

Honestly we have a lot in common and you seem really lovely! Hope to see you around a bit more ^-^

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Salmon_slayer123 and Poal like this.
  7. Hello

Well, nice to meet you Dmitri. I'm hiccuping or Zain, feel free to call me whatever. I'm 15 and live in Sydney. To be honest, I'm kind of iffy when it comes to jokes, so when I tell someone, I either make them laugh or just end up embarrassing myself. My favourite sport is soccer, and I like going to the gym after school to develop on my fitness. I don't play the guitar yet, but would love to in the future and actually, I was considering taking lessons in a couple of weeks! I really want to incorporate singing with the guitar, but I'm terrified to do it in front of other people. I could keep talking a lot more, but wanted to keep this short. Feel free to friend me on discord or in-game, with the same forums name.

I guess I'll see you around!

Posted Sep 3, 2019
  8. Hia Dmitri! Welcome to the Mineplex forums :D I am also actually really fond of photography (which is something you said about your drones in taking photos of the isle of white) and also I have a love for music and the piano, I play the piano as well as the organ and I'm quite advanced in my school choir, so all of which I also have experience with!

It's great to meet you, we seem like we have some pretty similar hobbies. Outside of Moderation work over on Mineplex, I'm also really fond of cooking and being outside in the garden, doing gardening or playing sports! I hope you have a great time on Mineplex and if you want to talk, just feel free to DM me!!! :)​

Posted Sep 3, 2019
  9. Heya Dmitiri!

Firstly, can I just say how similar our sense humor is?? Love it!

No way! I use my drone to take pictures/footage too! Whenever I go to on a hike, I always bring it. For some reason, I find ariel shots of a forest so breathtaking and relaxing. Also it's so cool that you have some cool pics of Scotland! If you're comfortable, I'd love to see them sometimes because I am in the process of booking a trip to Scotland with my best friend next summer. Do you have any recommendations for touristy things to do there? Let me know!

Also oh my goodness what type of book? I don't usually see/meet too many people who have that ambition to do that so kudos to you.

All your hobbies are super interesting, woah! I can particularly relate to the piano and singing bit as those are two things I am trying to work on as well. Anyways a HUGE welcome and I hope to see you around on the forums :)

Posted Sep 3, 2019
  10. Hey Dmitri!

I must say you seem like a very fascinating, kind, and humorous guy! I absolutely loved reading through your introduction post, it's never too late to introduce yourself to the wider community here on Mineplex. I read that you have a lot of fascinating, fun hobbies such as drone picture taking. I've always wanted to buy a drone and take beautiful sunset pictures of my home town, but I guess I haven't had the time and money to invest in purchasing the perfect drone for me. I will get around to it one day! I also think it is so amazing that you are learning some instruments, and also learning to better your singing voice (that's another instrument), so well done to you! I think they say people who learn instruments are smarter, so that's a bonus.

If you want, tell us more about this book, it sounds very interesting and I'd love to see it completed. You could always make another thread about it when you're finished to introduce what it is about to the community, but that's totally up to you. I am not a big book reader, unless I am reading something that really appeals to me; usually crime, horror, or sometimes comedy genres. Good job for creating a book at such a young age too, not many do at our age, so go you! You seem to have an extremely good balance in your life regarding your hobbies and gaming which is impressive, so keep it up.

It is so very important to have dreams because it gives us all something to work towards. Keep singing, keep learning instruments, and you'll be a singer/musician in no time. As long as you put lots of time and effort into what you love, you can achieve anything! I really do wish you the best of luck with your dreams! I think we can all relate to being awkward at the wrong times, it often is caused by us overthinking and over-analysing the situation (which is something we all do), so don't worry too much about it! :)

Well anyway, a big welcome to the forums of Mineplex, I hope you really enjoy them, they hold one of the most supportive, caring, creative and friendly communities I've ever known. I would recommend you take a read of the rules if you haven't already, just so you don't accidentally go against them. They're accessible at www.mineplex.com/rules. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your aspirations, and I am glad to have met you, and read through your unique introduction post - I love learning new things about people. If you ever need anything either, I am happy to help you out if you PM me, or even if you want a chat, that's more than fine. See you around buddy!

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  11. Hello Dmitri!

Welcome to the Mineplex forums. You seem like an interesting and great guy! I like your dedication to your dreams! It's truly something you can accomplish. I've recently been trying to learn to play the piano, and I'm absolutely terrible, heh, Trying to learn melodies of known songs, probably far from the best strategy to get good at the piano, but I find it cool. ;P

I'm ”sesses”, recently changed my name from ”c1rcl”. I'm a 14 y/o guy from Norway. Most of the time I'm watching YouTube, playing Minecraft or surfing in CS: GO. To be honest I'm quite boring.

Anyways, nice to meet you. Hope to see you active on the forums!

Kind Regards,
    sesses

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  12. Hey Salmon_Slayer,
    welcome to the Mineplex forums. I've kind of got an addiction with not making bad puns but bad jokes. My friends say my jokes are funny because they are so bad and make no literal sense at all. Great to hear that your working on a book, what genre is it, I'm pretty curious. Personally I love books myself, every single week I always have a different book, my favorite genre is Fantasy because of obviously magic and stuff!

I'd love to see the pictures that you took in Scotland. Maybe you should make a thread about it, I'd really love to see them. Guess I could say I'm basically the same as you, I'm 15 years old actually and most of the things I do is honestly video games. I do play soccer though my season just ended so I'm free for about half a year. It's really great getting to know you. I'd love to hear more about you soon, hopefully, you feel welcome on Mineplex.

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  13. Sorry I'm a bit late to this, but it's nice to meet you Dmitri!

Your introduction definitely didn't bore me, you clearly have a unique personality (in a good way) and it shows. I've never personally been very good with a camera but I really enjoy looking at photography especially nature and anything involving water, I think it just looks awesome in a photo. And, don't worry, I always find myself in awkward situations at the worst possible moments too. I have always wanted to learn the guitar but I've just never got around to booking lessons. Hopefully in the future I will be able to.

I look forward to seeing you more on the forums and in-game, if you ever need anything then feel free to hit me up, I'll see you around!

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  14. Hey! My name is Kyuine or you can call me Hoku. I love Pokemon as for my pfp, and I like playing music as well. I am probably going to decide to go into forensics for a career. As for what I do in my free time that is either playing Apex, Pokemon randomizers, or playing on Mineplex! I'm someone who loves helping others so if you need anything let me know!

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  15. Hello, hello! I wasn't expecting this many responses but I've read every single one and it is a pleasure to meet all of you). I'll try uploading footage from my drone once I figure out how to upload images lmao. As for the book, the plot is that a guy finds a magic book of spells which is infused with bad magic (though this is not known). He finds to his surprise that he can actually summon stuff, and he then has a nightmare where he sees the book repeatedly open, summon stuff, then suck it back in, from innocent items like pens to people and you can hear screaming. He invites his friends to try it out- they don't believe him, however when they try it out while no one but one person can summon anything, some dark magic is absorbed into the person, who becomes greedy and starts creating stuff randomly. The other friends try and rip it from him after he summons a forest fire (they are in a forest at this point) and the protagonist in desperation (they are surrounded by flames) summons a portal and they travel through it to (what they hope) is safety. So they find themselves in a magical world and it turns out there is a world of magicians, and they have to stop a magician from becoming omnipotent and destroying the people in revenge for how they treated him in the past... yeah it's a work in progress XD but yeah.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2019
    neotheater and dallarth like this.
  16. Wow, that plot sounds pretty interesting. I've always been interested in magical stuff in books/movies so that's no surprise lol.

If you want, you can drop me a message on the forums or on Discord and I can help you upload images to the forums like this:
    [​IMG]

As I really want to see some of the pics you've taken with your drone! I'll see you around.

Posted Sep 4, 2019