• 2537 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12972 Players Online
  • 10435 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Heartstrings

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Hi! This one is rather basic but I wanted to take a popular concept depicted in art (a heart icon) and show it in an interesting way. I decided to do this with one brush I made that splits the bristles and makes adding depth easy (the white strokes through the black, and visa versa.)

I'm rather tired right now so I'll reply to anything tomorrow when I have more time, but I did want to share this <3 I hope you enjoy :)

[​IMG]

-IR

Posted Dec 19, 2019
    cerns, neo ツ, chhase and 2 others like this.
  2. I love this. It's so simple yet so complex. I can picture this piece illuminated on some big billboard in Times Square. You art is timeless, Ian and I truly love every piece you create. I really love how the lines at the top of the heart appear to make the heart itself look 3D. Also, I know it's such a simple thing but I really like that color red that you chose and even how your signature complements the piece with the same color.

Amazing job, Ian. :)

Posted Dec 21, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. Hey!

I'm on the same page as @fredericksburg on this one, I can honestly say that this piece of artwork is... stunningly minimalistic and beautiful? I'm usually not a huge fan of art like this but I'm literally obsessed with this. I like the colourings that you've got going on. I can't tell if this was intentional or not (I'm guessing so from the title) but I like how it seems to be an artistic embodiment of "tugging at the heartstrings". I think that's what I like the most about this piece, it's subjective.

Keep this up! Your art could even end up in Times Square :p

Posted Dec 21, 2019
    Iscariot and chhase like this.
  4. This is an interesting piece of artwork here, it gives a simplistic vibe but also hints at a complex element, like @fredericksburg said.

Good job, look forward to seeing any future pieces made by you!

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  5. Wow Ian, your work is just fantastic and never fails to amaze. I'm a huge fan of your line work this time around; something about the not-quite parallel lines really gives it an extra sense of dimension and depth.

As always, it's a joy to see the art you post around here. Can't wait to see more!!

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. Man all of your artwork is beautiful, and amazing, but this is truly stunning. It honestly looks like something a professional would make. The colors are lovely and for some reason I just really love this piece, its wonderful. Keep up the awsome work! It just looks so good. I cant wait to see what you make next!

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  7. Hi! You are correct in the intended meaning :)

Thank you everyone for your feedback and thoughts as always <3 I'm on holiday so replies will be a bit sparse!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 22, 2019
    neo ツ likes this.