• 587 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11077 Players Online
  • 10490 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Health boost after kill (Skywars)

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Orangey, May 24, 2021.

?

Hmmm..

1. Regeration

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Instant Healing

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Nah ur mom

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hallo.

After playing this game for sometime (Like 8 months of grinding lmao) now, I've come to the simple conclusion that cleaning is one of the major problems in skywars. It happens way to much to the point I get cleaned every 1/4 games. I believe the solution to this could be some sort of regeneration effect. This could be used so players dont get cleaned as offen as they would regain health overtime. Another alteritive to this could be like a quick regen of something like 2 hearts after every kill. I feel like this could help players avoid getting cleaned as offen. Welp, if you like my idea, vote in the poll and upvote ig. Reply with your ideas or your opinion on this matter. Goo day/night.

Posted May 24, 2021
    Weirdichu, Emiliee and Min :) like this.
  2. in Bedrock cakewars you get regen

Posted May 24, 2021
  3. skywars bruh

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2021
  4. Honestly I don't necessarily agree with this. While cleaning up is a pretty cheap way to play, it's still a strategy. I mean, if you were running to mid and happened to stumble across someone who just got in a fight, would you not kill them? I think we all would.

To avoid being cleaned, I don't fight people in crowded areas, I take out the players who are still on their island or who aren't at mid yet.

There are plenty of ways to avoid being cleaned up, I don't think any advantage needs to be added.

Posted May 24, 2021
    Weirdichu, Amg and Orangey like this.
  5. You make a fair point,
    I completely agree with this question idea lmao. I've played for a well over a year now, and cleaning, janitoring, third-partying etc. has existed during the whole time period. Cakewars has warrior kit, which provides strength and regeneration to solve this situation (to an extent,) but skywars still seems to not have any solution. Several people i've seen play on this server for months (including orangey) have stated a "anti-clean" would be beneficial. And I, of course agree. Now, cleaning can be considered a strategic play, but it seems somewhat unfair for someone to take a kill, and then have no way of avoiding a clean up, even if running away is an option (which seems to not work a majority of the time, unless we're talking pearls...and we all know about pearls.) That's my take, but I'm intrigued to see others opinions :P

Posted May 24, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  6. From a gameplay perspective I think this is fairly balanced. Players are expected to be aware of their surroundings, including other players. It is tactical suicide to fight a player that likely will get you to low health if there is another player nearby. This does come a bit to the argument of "just get good", which is a valid argument in some scenarios.

If you experience getting cleaned often, perhaps think over what potential actions you did that lead to it. Additionally, what makes you say that "cleaning" is a problem? Is cleaning a problem just because it happens often? It might be a problem for you, but an advantage, desired game mechanic, or even strategy for others. Is spam throwing eggs a problem, or flint and steel?

If cleaning was the only way to win and players were forced to do it then I would agree that the game might be unbalanced. However, as it is, players are strongly encouraged to avoid getting cleaned by playing smart.

Posted May 25, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  7. I know, I'm just a t saying that cakewars gives you regen aftera kill so I think skywars should too. Instant health could be too op, and nothing makes it so you can be ambushed very easily after finishing a fight.

Posted May 25, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  8. Neutral on this idea. For me it’s not so big of an issue because there’s lots of chests with gapples. When it comes down to avoid the risk of being cleaned, I usually just escape the current figh and eat a gapple if necessary, then come back. Cleaning is a thing in pretty much all of the pvp games on the server, so just gotta find a way to strategize.

Overall not opposed to the idea, just saying there’s other ways to avoid cleaning.

Posted May 25, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  9. Hello!

After talking over this a bit in the GI Discord I'm going to go ahead and deny this idea for now. While I would really like to see this added I think "cleaning" is a good way to take out people who may have better armor than you. Overall I do get why you would want to add a health boost. Cleaning can be a major issue but you just have to outplay the person trying to kill you.

- Thread Locked - Not Planned

- GuardianInASuit | Bedrock Moderator

Posted Jun 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.